Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread- Bergervin Testing Trade Waters Per TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
If we can get Johansen for Chucky and a 1st/Scherbak/Juulsen I'll be crying tears of joy.

I watched their last game against SJS and he was relegated to the fourth line after the 1st period.

I watched that game too, scored about 2 shifts after Torts put him on the 4th line yet didnt really get much icetime for the rest of the game, I dont think he even got 14 minutes total. He doesnt look too out of shape to me, he's playing like he always did, a slow paced game where he slows the play down and opens up space for his teammates. Torts is incredibly stupid IMHO, the Sedins didnt have much success under him either, he probably would've found a way to hate guys like Bure, Ovy, Hull etc. too, guys that are so good offensively that they have to cheat a little bit sometimes and wont necessarily block a shot with their face first, how the hell does Torts expect to stay in the league a long time this time around if he's going to play Gregory Campbell ahead of Ryan Johansen.

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
So an Oilers fan on the main trade board thinks a realistic deal for Yakupov would look something like this. Beaulieu + McCarron+ Scherbak/2016 1st. No chance would I do that deal from a Habs POV.

What about you guys?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
So an Oilers fan on the main trade board thinks a realistic deal for Yakupov would look something like this. Beaulieu + McCarron+ Scherbak/2016 1st. No chance would I do that deal from a Habs POV.

What about you guys?

rofl even the Playstation reject this offer.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows

What about you guys?

Yeah not a chance lol Kessel didn't even fetch that. Also there is no way I'd give that up for a winger who has been bad when not paired with McJesus

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Yakupov is a bust and wont get it together, he looks awful, he tries to play a sniper's game but the truth is he cant pick corners and has trouble elevating the puck higher than 12 inch high, he always goes low blocker or low glove, he's incredibly predictable and weak on the puck, lacks vision, way too many issues to become an impact player in the league IMO. I know he had success with McDavid but that speaks to how good CMD is more than anything else.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'd like Atkinson... true RW twice scored 20 goals and 40 points.
Speed, skill, fits our team.

I'd like to see a couple of kids like Getto be given a chance too

But

Eller---Galcheyuk---Atkinson

Intruiging

Cam Atkinson is totally the type of player I could see Bergevin going for..good player, fast, feisty, not the biggest but plays bigger than his size

Reminds me a lot of Gallagher actually...

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

What about you guys?

:laugh:. I hope he was joking at least. Wouldn't even give up McCarron straight up for Yakupov at this point.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Why don't we just head to the deadline with what we have? I can see Ghetto/Holloway and McCarron being solid contributors if we give them a chance. Lets not be so quick to give away the future so easily. We have a superstar goalie and a great defense so we are fine at least until the deadline. Bergevin does not make a splash unless it's on the cheap and he will be no different now.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The Oilers would need to substantially add if they want any of McCarron, Beaulieu, or Gallagher for Yakupov.

A year ago many on this board thought the opposite.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
I would take Johansen in a heartbeat over Galchenyuk any day of the week. Where is whiskey seven?

Some people around here should try watching other games than the habs, we're instantly winning the East with Johansen.

He was a PPG in the playoffs at 21 yrs old.

I'd totally add two 1st rounders to Chuckie if that's what it takes.

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
Exactly - and I prefer we keep Galch....

Johanssen has hit hard times but he is a legit number 1 centre. I can't believe people would take Galchenyuk over him. We can only hope Galch becomes Ryan Johanssen

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
Gabriel Dumont has a higher motor and intensity than Mario Lemieux

Yeah....this is crazy. Ryan Johanssen would be a franchise player for us moving forward. Get him out of Columbus and he'd probably like playing hockey again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad