Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread- Bergervin Testing Trade Waters Per TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Tinordi, fucale+ Eller and a 2nd for johansen

Realistically, what can be had for any or a combo of Tinordi, Fucale, Gilbert, plus Eller and 2nd (which is technically a third given how late it will likely be)?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Realistically, what can be had for any or a combo of Tinordi, Fucale, Gilbert, plus Eller and 2nd (which is technically a third given how late it will likely be)?

Any combo? Maybe Boedker, and that's not even using ALL the names included. We might have to turn that 2nd into a 1st, though.

I think I'd want to kick tires on Johansen before dealing our 1st round pick, though.

A 2nd and mid-level prospect might get us Vrbata, though. The options are out there. I just think Bergevin is looking to go big -- Johansen big.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I would. I mentioned him a couple weeks ago as a guy I would target. Voracek is another. Moving Eller, Tinordi, and a 1st +++. We have the pieces to pay that for a long term piece to the puzzle.

Cap wise, this would be a nightmare to manage down the road. Forget it. Bergevin likes a well-managed budget.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I would not touch Voracek. When you looks at his whole career he did not prove he can be a 70+ player on a semi-regular basis. He looks more like a 50-65 players than a 70-80+ players. At 8.25 millions that's a lot of money for 60-65 points. Some people complain about the 9 millions we give to pk and he is a 50-60 points dman ...

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
To me Beaulieu has pretty much been playing like a top 4 recently, it remains to be seen if he can keep it up but I don't see the need to go spend assets on a guy like Hamuis. He'd be an upgrade over Emelin probably, but I'm not sure we need to increase our depth at D that much.

And while he may not cost a roster player, I doubt we'd get Hamuis for as cheap as we did Petry.

I like the idea of having an insurance policy for aging Markov in case he gets hurt or really slows down. I don't see beaulieu as that guy, and I certainly don't see emelin as that guy.

I know opinions vary on beaulieu but I just don't see how we can be comfortable with him at this stage of his career as a top guy or even a 2nd pairing guy in big playoff games.

My idea is hinging on the theory that bergy is ready to go for all the marbles. Otherwise, I don't even bring this idea up.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Any combo? Maybe Boedker, and that's not even using ALL the names included. We might have to turn that 2nd into a 1st, though.

I think I'd want to kick tires on Johansen before dealing our 1st round pick, though.

A 2nd and mid-level prospect might get us Vrbata, though. The options are out there. I just think Bergevin is looking to go big -- Johansen big.

Is Boedker's relative affordability solely be a function of his contract ending this year? I take it they would rather hold on to him if they can get him to sign.

Why is Johansen even on the market -- thought teams built around players like him.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Is Boedker's relative affordability solely be a function of his contract ending this year? I take it they would rather hold on to him if they can get him to sign.

Why is Johansen even on the market -- thought teams built around players like him.

The general belief seems to be, at least from what I read a few weeks ago, can't remember where, that if Arizona is out of a playoff spot and Boedker isn't re-signed, they'd trade him. I don't know if it's true, but I would want in on that. Prime aged guy who can play either wing.

Torts hates Johansen, it seems.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax

He avoided arbitration to sign a 1 year deal this offseason. I think both parties are prepared to move on, although it's definitely not set in stone if Phoenix keeps winning (or at least stays in the mix).

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006

He's probably not. He did have that contract holdout a couple of years ago and now apparently has fitness issues and might be in Tort's dog house. I watched their last game against SJS and he was relegated to the fourth line after the 1st period.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
Would anyone do galchenyuk + 1st or scherbak for johansen? I think i would

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
realistically, if we aquired johansen where would we even put him? move him to 1C, pleky to wing on the second line and then keep chucky center? or move chucky back to the wing and make plecky the center on the 2nd line?

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

Well, his numbers have never been that impressive and he's not gonna resign with the Yotes so they'll likely trade him before the deadline. You have to remember that Arizona try to stay as close to the floor as they can and Boedker will likely ask 4.5M next year which I doubt they will want to pay him.

I've paid close attention to his play this year and I'm certain that given more offensively gifted players, he would be a 60pt guy. Best of all is that he's very good at both ends which MT would love.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Would anyone do galchenyuk + 1st or scherbak for johansen? I think i would

Yup, as long as we could talk to him about an extension first. I believe he is only RFA after his deal expires but I would first want to know if he held out because he kinda wanted out of CBJ, or if he wants to go somewhere specific/is just difficult.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
realistically, if we aquired johansen where would we even put him? move him to 1C, pleky to wing on the second line and then keep chucky center? or move chucky back to the wing and make plecky the center on the 2nd line?

Realistically Chucky would be involved in the trade and Johansen would take his spot.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Tortorella demoted Johansen to the 4th line because he was out of shape and was dogging it, say the Colombus fans on the Trade boards. I'd still trade Galchenyuk + for Johansen, he's bigger and isn't as fancy (aka more like Therrien's style). If DSP can get into shape, so can Johansen, he just needs the right environment.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
I'd like Atkinson... true RW twice scored 20 goals and 40 points.
Speed, skill, fits our team.

I'd like to see a couple of kids like Getto be given a chance too

But

Eller---Galcheyuk---Atkinson

Intruiging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3