Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread- Bergervin Testing Trade Waters Per TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I watched Avs vs Flyers yesterday, Iginla play a really heavy game. He would be a perfect fit on this team. He can still do 30-30 seasons. He'd be really good for Galchenyuk. He still has good speed and is always well positioned, i noticed that he goes a lot to the net, in front of the net. I hope we can get him !

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
And do we really want a guy who supposedly wants to be traded for 3 teams, two of which are next door ...

Absolutely. Nevermind semantics, Marleau would be a great fit. He'd be one of the fastest guys on this team, which is amazing considering the Habs are already a fast team and Marleau's age.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
I watched Avs vs Flyers yesterday, Iginla play a really heavy game. He would be a perfect fit on this team. He can still do 30-30 seasons. He'd be really good for Galchenyuk. He still has good speed and is always well positioned, i noticed that he goes a lot to the net, in front of the net. I hope we can get him !

This and the leadership. He would be a great teach to our top prospect!

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Iggy would be perfect for Chuckie and exactly what this team needs.

The cap wouldnt be an issue for next season as well. Only have Des Louise to sign really.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'd trade Iggy Pop for Joe Strummer. Everyday.

All of the old school British Punk bands give credit to Iggy for basically inventing the whole thing. He's was Joe Strummer before people even knew he existed. I still give a regular listen to the Raw Power album :nod:

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal

Iggy is not fast at all... not anymore...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Absolutely. Nevermind semantics, Marleau would be a great fit. He'd be one of the fastest guys on this team, which is amazing considering the Habs are already a fast team and Marleau's age.

I'd prefer Marleau over Iggy ten times out of ten. :nod:

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Marleau's speed would be good, but then again Iginla is a right hand shot and that would help a lot especially on the pp.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
I'm in for Iginla but only if we can't find a younger, more sustainable option and the Avs are retaining a good chunk of his salary cap for 2016.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
If we somehow get Iginla I'm going to be so stoked. He would put our offense over the top imo. Our first three lines would look so much deadlier imo.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Another reason on why to choose Iggy over Marleau (if Marleau is even an option): he is a RW that would fit on either the 1st or 2nd line. Marleau would have to play on the 2nd line being a LW.

I see the passion with Iginla. I just don't see it with Marleau.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Didn't Marleau already submit a list to his GM with mostly west coast teams on it ? He doesn't strike me as a guy that is looking for a spot on a Canadian market or would do well in the type of environment he'd be in with the Habs.

fanhabs

May 10, 2015
if available boedker would be an amazing fit due to his speed, creativity, ability to play rw and danish link with eller

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Hadn't thought of that - replace a Dane with another Dane. Interesting….

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Stop the insanity!!!

Iginla is NOT what is needed on this team.
Stop looking for a name. Start looking for a +.
Iginla is a huge -. He is to slow to play our speed game, which makes him a detriment to any line he plays on.
We don't need a name on a jersey. We need wingers for Chucky.

If I'm MB, I go hardcore after JVR for the LW on Chucky's line. Trade Eller for either picks or included in a trade for an RW. Either go after Vrbata, Atkinson, or try to pry Eberle out of Edmonton.
Get Galchenyuk the wingers he deserves.
Our top priorities are, in order, a 2nd line RW, a 2nd line LW, and a top line C.
Our centres are doing there jobs right now, so the 2nd line wingers take priority.

If I'm gonna pay, I'm gonna pay for value, not identity.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
I don't see why Iginla's lack of speed would be a big issue when playing with Galchenyuk. Galchenyuk doesn't rely on his skating as much as other players do, and it's not as if Iginla slowed down Duchene or MacKinnon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig