HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #81

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
true statement about equality, but the philly pick is a lottery pick and so will the habs , so essentially giving away Dvorak for nothing when you can get a first rounder on it;s own in a seperate deal later in the season or next season, I hope that the habs do well but I can deal with another bad season this year as long as you can see some progression in the young players taking steps in the right direction to belegitimate cup contenders in a few years.
the goal of the proposal (not my proposal) was to get an extra 1st of a team that may finish bottom 5 in the standings to get another shot at Bedard/Mishkov/Fantelli. Those players will not be available in 2024, that's why you trade your 2024 1st for their 2023 1st - that's the rationale for giving up Dvo... So whatever it is, it isn't giving up Dvo for nothing - at least in potential. In reality, yes, it could end up being for nothing.

Reactions: DAChampion

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
the goal of the proposal (not my proposal) was to get an extra 1st of a team that may finish bottom 5 in the standings to get another shot at Bedard/Mishkov/Fantelli. Those players will not be available in 2024, that's why you trade your 2024 1st for their 2023 1st - that's the rationale for giving up Dvo... So whatever it is, it isn't giving up Dvo for nothing - at least in potential. In reality, yes, it could end up being for nothing.

2024 should be a fairly good year, don't think I would risk it - in case we have a 2nd dip after we get rid of a few more vets.

Reactions: Mandala

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Why in the world would you want the Canadiens to trade Jake Allen?
Allen decent goalie, Habs get premier value for him at trade deadline. If you keep him he is going to push you further away from Bedard. This is stacked draft coming up. Worse case scenario for Montreal is have decent season and draft 9th. Top 3 picks in this draft are franchise players. Some experts saying top 5 are better than anybody in '22 draft. But You want to try to be in top 3.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Allen decent goalie, Habs get premier value for him at trade deadline. If you keep him he is going to push you further away from Bedard. This is stacked draft coming up. Worse case scenario for Montreal is have decent season and draft 9th. Top 3 picks in this draft are franchise players. Some experts saying top 5 are better than anybody in '22 draft. But You want to try to be in top 3.
They can pick top 3 with Allen, just like last season.

Reactions: Peteux

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
They can pick top 3 with Allen, just like last season.
MSL > Ducharme… upward pressure

Also, it’s likely we won’t have the most man games lost in the NHL as we did last year, even more upward pressure on pt-totals.

Finally, too many players had awful season — if there is a regression it will be toward better performances and results.

On the other hand, many adequate players were jettisoned so that’s downward pressure.

I’m not sure where we will end up but what I want is to have options available to us in case Allen does perform and becomes valuable on the trade market. Extending him at this point just removes options doesn’t help.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The Habs management aren't planning to pick top 3. It's a development year, but they intent to win games and reach the playoffs if possible. Gorton even said on radio that if they are in the race, they could spend to improve the team at the trade deadline (just use that surplus of LDs prospects please).

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Habs management aren't planning to pick top 3. It's a development year, but they intent to win games and reach the playoffs if possible. Gorton even said on radio that if they are in the race, they could spend to improve the team at the trade deadline (just use that surplus of LDs prospects please).

Agreed. If the Habs come out flat and are bottom 5 in Nov/Dec, then maybe management does things to help the probability to get Bedard. However, they are clearly not looking to have a "tank" season like some fans are thinking heading in. We will see how it unfolds but some fans need to realize that there stands to be some level of rebound. We are not build like the Coyotes and can easily finish 5-10 or 8-12 last. Doubt it's playoffs but I believe they will be in the group after that.

With any trades we make, it's about clearing out room for younger guys. That's basically with our forwards. Habs will try to extend Allen but the rumor I heard is they are not on the same page with term. If that falls though, maybe Allen gets moved at the deadline.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Maybe but the product on the ice say’s different.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We got one. Florida’s. It be hilarious to watch them crash and burn. Lolol

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Agreed. If the Habs come out flat and are bottom 5 in Nov/Dec, then maybe management does things to help the probability to get Bedard. However, they are clearly not looking to have a "tank" season like some fans are thinking heading in. We will see how it unfolds but some fans need to realize that there stands to be some level of rebound. We are not build like the Coyotes and can easily finish 5-10 or 8-12 last. Doubt it's playoffs but I believe they will be in the group after that.

With any trades we make, it's about clearing out room for younger guys. That's basically with our forwards. Habs will try to extend Allen but the rumor I heard is they are not on the same page with term. If that falls though, maybe Allen gets moved at the deadline.
Well, Hugues' daughter did dream about drafting Bedard if her father went to Buffalo... and he did so just because of that. ;)

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
All I'm hoping for is that they finish within the top 7-8 and for a little lottery magic. I'm not expecting top 3. There are many great prospects if you pick top 10, even top 15.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
All I'm hoping for is that they finish within the top 7-8 and for a little lottery magic. I'm not expecting top 3. There are many great prospects if you pick top 10, even top 15.

I'd like to finish anywhere here:
1. Bedard
2. Michkov
3. Fantilli
4. Carlsson
5. Yager
6. Dvorsky
7. Sale
8. Allen

After that, you're into Ritchie and Benson territory, which is great but I don't see them as the franchise piece those guys can be.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I really don't see how it happens without Suzuki getting to Bergeron level in one Season and Caufield to Ovi level while Slaf has a 30 goal season.

Too many teams are competitive in the East. Also in the West CHI and ARI should be giving a lot of free points away.

Atlantic :
TBL : contender, 100+ pt potential
FLA : contender, 100+ pt potential
TOR : contender, 100+ pt potential
OTT : competitive potential playoff
BOS : competitive potential playoff
DET : improving towards 0.50
BUF : improving towards 0.50

How does MTL beat any of them ? They have one of the worst Ds in the League.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
1. Bedard
2. Michkov
3. Fantilli
4. Carlsson
5. Yager
6. Dvorsky
7. Sale
8. Allen

After that, you're into Ritchie and Benson territory, which is great but I don't see them as the franchise piece those guys can be.
I know more of Euro prospects than NA ones but I d put Dvorsky ahead of Carlsson. He is showing more and more that he has a great shot.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I know more of Euro prospects than NA ones but I d put Dvorsky ahead of Carlsson. He is showing more and more that he has a great shot.

Oh man, Carlsson's talent level is a notch above. Dvorsky is no slouch but Carlsson has the capability to be one of the dominant centers in the NHL.

Plenty of time to see how it shakes out but won't complain with either. Carlsson just has that skill level, creativity and ability to pull off high level moves against Swedish league pros.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
true statement about equality, but the philly pick is a lottery pick and so will the habs , so essentially giving away Dvorak for nothing when you can get a first rounder on it;s own in a seperate deal later in the season or next season, I hope that the habs do well but I can deal with another bad season this year as long as you can see some progression in the young players taking steps in the right direction to belegitimate cup contenders in a few years.
It's not nothing. They get a likely top 3 pick in the 2023 draft. Likely a star. So it depends on how deep the 2024 draft is because the Habs will likely improve quite a bit in 23-24.

Oh man, Carlsson's talent level is a notch above. Dvorsky is no slouch but Carlsson has the capability to be one of the dominant centers in the NHL.

Plenty of time to see how it shakes out but won't complain with either. Carlsson just has that skill level, creativity and ability to pull off high level moves against Swedish league pros.
Dvorsky has to show he has more than a shot. Carlsson is ahead currently. Dvorsky could pass him by draft day.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
1. Bedard
2. Michkov
3. Fantilli
4. Carlsson
5. Yager
6. Dvorsky
7. Sale
8. Allen

Will be interesting to watch who makes it in that group. I'm a bit higher on Benson than you are and I think Ritchie can get there. I'm keeping an eye on a number of Ds as the season starts (Guyayev, Molendyk, Strbak) and I'm not sure at all how to rank Will Smith right now since he wasn't at Hlinka.

The rankings are forward-heavy at the moment but it's more a representation of forwards having good 16 years old seasons, always the same.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Will be interesting to watch who makes it in that group. I'm a bit higher on Benson than you are and I think Ritchie can get there. I'm keeping an eye on a number of Ds as the season starts (Guyayev, Molendyk, Strbak) and I'm not sure at all how to rank Will Smith right now since he wasn't at Hlinka.

The rankings are forward-heavy at the moment but it's more a representation of forwards having good 16 years old seasons, always the same.

I'm hoping the Slafkovsky selection keeps us away from Stramel. I don't really love Stramel's game but he's getting hype.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

They have a very different game, yes Carlsson is more "talented" with his hands/skating etc. say, but Dvorsky may have a superior IQ that he uses to score (not pass).

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019

I like Carlsson to be fair, he has the playmaking ability of KK, while the being a better skater. I have been however very impressed with how Dvorsky has refined his decision making last year and as mentioned he already has a better shot in my opinion !

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I'm hoping the Slafkovsky selection keeps us away from Stramel. I don't really love Stramel's game but he's getting hype.

Same, I think Slaf will keep us safe, there is a lot of size/grit that comes with the talent this year. If we get Wood with our 2nd first. I mean, that's another big guy. Haltunen, Musty, etc.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

The Habs are going to get a lottery pick. Stop trying to game it without realizing that there's value in not having every young player's mistake ending up in the back of the net. Do you not realize how important that is for development and confidence or are you just that obsessed with getting the highest pick possible, players be damned? What you're suggesting is a very bad idea.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
MSL > Ducharme… upward pressure

Also, it’s likely we won’t have the most man games lost in the NHL as we did last year, even more upward pressure on pt-totals.

Finally, too many players had awful season — if there is a regression it will be toward better performances and results.

On the other hand, many adequate players were jettisoned so that’s downward pressure.

I’m not sure where we will end up but what I want is to have options available to us in case Allen does perform and becomes valuable on the trade market. Extending him at this point just removes options doesn’t help.

Jesus Christ, you shouldn't want what happened last year to repeat itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad