Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Not sure I follow.

Let’s keep it simple.

Flyers give JVR.
Habs give Dvorak.

Who adds what to make it work for both sides?
The Habs have no cap space, so they need to add another veteran. Philly probably wouldn't want two multi-year contracts back, so one would need to be an expiring deal (Dadanov, Drouin, Monahan, etc.). Philly probably adds a draft pick and/or prospect to balance things out.

Reactions: Runner77

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'm assuming HuGo are waiting as much as they need to trade away a forward or two since there could be injuries already at the start of the season. One trade proposal that seems interesting is Armia+Hoffman for Schmidt. Jets could use some forward depth and we need a PMD vet that can play on the right side.
Schmidt is 31 and is overpaid for 3 years at almost $6M.

A deal that might make sense is trading David Savard who costs $2.45M less for each of those years, and they take Hoffman and a forward prospect like Riley Kidney.

The Habs have no cap space, so they need to add another veteran. Philly probably wouldn't want two multi-year contracts back, so one would need to be an expiring deal (Dadanov, Drouin, Monahan, etc.). Philly probably adds a draft pick and/or prospect to balance things out.
Dvorak and Byron for JVR and two first round picks.

One first rounder for Dvorak, a good middle six center.

Another first rounder for taking JVR, an expensive anchor.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Not sure I follow.

Let’s keep it simple.

Flyers give JVR.
Habs give Dvorak.

Flyers add. Dvorak has a very moveable contract and value (imo). JVR might be an okay TDL flip, but we are way too packed on the wings to even fit him in.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
4m cap space is a luxury even if the cap goes up.

If the Habs intend to compete in 2023-2024, Allen is not the guy. If the Habs intend to tank in 2023-2024, that cap space can be sold to the highest bidder (perhaps for a goalie!).

There’s not much at stake for 23-24 so what’s the risk in waiting? Maybe we can trade Allen at the trade deadline to a playoff team who loses their goalie(s).

Anyway, it’s not a big topic… but even in Jrs I was never convinced of Allen…
Exactly my thoughts on this situation as well, I’d be giving Allen 1 year deals and not much else tbh. There is no rush to signing him imo. I don’t believe this is in the Habs best interest to give this guy 4million for 3 years, yikes.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Not sure I follow.

Let’s keep it simple.

Flyers give JVR.
Habs give Dvorak.

I would say Philly by a quite a bit. Dvorak plays the harder position and is 7 years younger, making half of JVR's salary. I get that he's a UFA after this year, but I would think there are better offers out there for Hughes if this is Fletcher's offer

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Schmidt is 31 and is overpaid for 3 years at almost $6M.

A deal that might make sense is trading David Savard who costs $2.45M less for each of those years, and they take Hoffman and a forward prospect like Riley Kidney.

Armia and Hoffman are also overpaid, we aren't giving up a valuable future asset and we have way too many wingers and not enough dmen.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Not sure I follow.

Let’s keep it simple.

Flyers give JVR.
Habs give Dvorak.

I'm not sure who has more value, but I feel like Dvorak could still possibly return a 1st if moved.

So the add from PHI would have to be the difference between what we sell JVR for and a 1st.

It also screws with our C line this year.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I feel like the Flyers are more desperate than their fans want to accept. Fletcher has the heat on him and Torts isn't going to want to go through a rebuild....
I really wonder what Fletcher is going to do. Can he sell to the owners that sucking this year is fine because of Couturier's injury, but everything will be fine next season?

I don't get the impression Fletcher wants to do anything. As if he was fine with sucking, it's the owners who don't want to tank.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
I know we already have to many forwards, but if a guy like Adam Ruzicka from Calgary end up on the waivers, do you take him?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Marinaro is suggesting Dvorak for Flyer's 1st because Sean Couturier is injuried. Wishful thinking, I doubt the Flyers are that desperate.

Anyone who thinks the Flyers would give up their 1st for Christian Dvorak is a colossal idiot for even suggesting it and I really like Dvorak.

Of course you don't.

Marinaro's proposal was Dvo + 2024 MTL 1st + prospect for Flyers 2023 1st.

Yes, it's wishful thinking. Flyers won't trade that pick. I like Marinaro, but this was a bad proposal.

Reactions: Andrewcoursol

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What about next season tho? I'm more confident the habs pick is top 1-3 then phillies b3ing top 5 this season

It could be an interesting exercise to get into projecting these. But I just much else to do. If Habs ever make such a deal I'll think about it with some closeness.

For now I'll just hope that the young guys progress and we finish as low as possible in the next two seasons. A nice wrinkle to Marinaro's proposal though is that it make us weaker this year at least, by losing Dvo. Suzuki, Dach, and Evan's should be better centers in 2023-24 than 2022-23.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Flyers will have high pick. No way they move that in this draft

I was hoping they couldn't get a deal done. Forcing Habs to trade him.

Why in the world would you want the Canadiens to trade Jake Allen?

Not sure I follow.

Let’s keep it simple.

Flyers give JVR.
Habs give Dvorak.

If HuGo were to trade Dvorak for JVR they should be shot.

Reactions: Vachon23

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
But not all 1st rounders are created equal.
true statement about equality, but the philly pick is a lottery pick and so will the habs , so essentially giving away Dvorak for nothing when you can get a first rounder on it;s own in a seperate deal later in the season or next season, I hope that the habs do well but I can deal with another bad season this year as long as you can see some progression in the young players taking steps in the right direction to belegitimate cup contenders in a few years.

Reactions: Mandala
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad