HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #81

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Yeah goal scoring is so one dimensional we gotta trade guys like that out of here. It would be better if we had players who have the potential to be mediocre in a few years. Especially if they can be both French and mediocre, then we're killing it.
But but but… he needs competent linemates to pass to him like any NHL players. Trade him!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm willing to bet Devon Levi is someone they want to target.

Not only is he arguably the best goalie prospect currently not in the NHL or AHL, but Hughes and MSL are very familiar with him as he's played with their sons at Northeastern.

Considering how bad Buffalo has been in net.. I don't see a scenario where they move him at all.

Really, Askarov is the only option because Saros is there.

Dostal isn't going anywhere, Gibson is fried.
Levi ain't going anywhere, Buffalo has no goaltending options.
Wallstedt ain't going anywhere, Fleury is aging.
Knight isn't going anywhere, Bobrovsky sucks.
Cossa isn't going anywhere, plus I don't think he's great.

So see if there's an option around Askarov, if not, then prepare the brinks truck for Sorokin if he hits FA.

Other than that, start working the board and seeing how you can get one of Hrabal, Bjarnason or Fowler.. then double dip later and grab Damian Clara.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021

Not only is he arguably the best goalie prospect currently not in the NHL or AHL, but Hughes and MSL are very familiar with him as he's played with their sons at Northeastern.
Last Northeastern cant miss steal of the draft goalie prospect did not develop as planned.

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
Considering how bad Buffalo has been in net.. I don't see a scenario where they move him at all.

Looks like UPL is finally graduating this year (age 23), not the prettiest sv% yet but he's winning.
Highly touted guy too.
I don't think Levi is out of reach.

I can get on the Askarov train as well but I don't think the price will be palatable provided how high he was drafted - I feel like NSH starts the discussion at the FLA pick and it's a no for me (dawg).

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
i think he is overhyped ,, one dimensionnel player who needs someone like Suzuki to feed him or else he would suck.
I also see him being injured in the medium run because of his head being shoulder level.
That 2023 draft is something every 10 years happen..
Slaf could take over CC spot, while Laf takes Slaf spot. + getting 2 great draft and having 4 first picks in 2023, might get a 5th one with Eddy or Monahan
Ya, like Oates to Hull or Gretzky to Kurri….

Who needs those type of players….they don’t even back check….selfish plYers if you ask me, only thinking of popping in 60 goals a season while lazely waiting for the pass.

Meh

• Haha
Reactions: ReHabs and Runner77

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
LeBrun basically says....'don't expect much' in terms of deadline deals for Habs.
Maaaaaybe an Edmundson trade

I would almost keep Drouin/Daddy/Hoffman in the lineup to help the tank. Selling them off for 7th rounders would improve our place in the standing too much. If there's no large market for Edmundson next deadline would be a better time to sell. I feel like Xhekaj already does his job better and has offensive upside.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal

So see if there's an option around Askarov, if not, then prepare the brinks truck for Sorokin if he hits FA.

Other than that, start working the board and seeing how you can get one of Hrabal, Bjarnason or Fowler.. then double dip later and grab Damian Clara.

Everything that is to say is pretty much in this post.

Galchenyuk15

Jan 2, 2013

Dustin Wolf maybe? Not sexy as the others one but he got pretty good numbers at every level and really good ratio win versus lose. Unfortunately, wiith the way Markstrom are playing I don't think they will trade him!

For Levi, the only way I can see him with the habs is if he waiting 4 years to become a UFA because Buffalo will not trade their better goalie prospects and if they do it will not be at a division rival team who only missing a blue chip prospect in the net.

I would skip the Nashville option. I have my doubt in Askarov, mental issues for me, and I don't think after the Price ERA the style of Askarov is what we want here and I prefer to wait a couple years how he establish himself before looking at this option.

For the incoming Draft, I hope Montréal will pick Hrabal. I find him very calm and seem in control of his net. I would choose at least 2 goalies at the next draft and one in the last round. After all Levi is a 7th round - 212 overall, and Wolf is a 7th round - 214 overall.

In my dream in summer 2025, Montréal sign the UFA Devon Levi, un petit gars de Dollards-Des-Ormeaux, and pick Gabriel D'Aigle, un petit gars de Sorel-Tracy, at the 2025 Draft. The 2 bests prospects from Quebec in years! Becoming in a couple of years a new duo a la Fuhr-Moog before choosing one, D'Aigle if I have to bet, for the long term!

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Oh definitely. Lmao

Only way Buffalo trades him if they think he won't sign. They have no goalie depth.

It would speed up rebuild to get a youngish one in now.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I agree that it's doubtful Sabres would move Levi when they targeted him in the Reinhart deal to simply be their goalie of the future. So it would take a lot for them to move him.

But I think the same about Askarov. I don't see Preds willing to move him. They do have Sarros and he's been great for Nashville. But after this year, he has another 2 years left on his deal and he will be 30 when that deal is up and Askarov will be 22 (and already 3 years of NA pro hockey under his belt by then).

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
argee
I have been saying this. go get a young goalie to develop

We extended Allen and have Monty under team control. We have Primeau and Dobes developing at different ages.

I don't expect the Habs to target a goalie this summer but maybe they do if a team does a Blackhawks and says Dach is available. It would be circumstantial.

I agree, Try and develop Primeau and Monitor Dobes potential. Scout and draft another goalie when you can

I think we end up with Demko somehow.
I think we end up with a goalie who has not been drafted yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad