HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Reading some of the posts is telling me PLD is too young and not established enough and Huberdeau is too old and going to decline.

So we only want an established star, who’s had 100 point seasons by the age of 25, but won’t over pay for them? Am I doing this right?

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
What do you think the odds are the pick produces a player as good as Dubois and how old do you think Dubois is? Acquiring Dubois is rebuilding. That's the point.

It's the exact type of move that Kent Hughes was talking about when he said he'd rather acquire young players as opposed to picks. That's why he was smiling and giving the wink-wink nod-nod when asked about Dubois. That's why The Athletic's Winnipeg writer said that Montreal has still been trying to acquire Dubois after getting Dach at the draft.

What you're saying is essentially saying shit like you'd rather keep a mid 1st round pick instead of giving it up for a player that's like Suzuki. Do you not realize how ridiculous that is? Kent Hughes should be harassing Cheveldayoff daily.
No. Hughes should NOT pester Chevaldayoff. He made his offer. That is it. There is no reason to care about Dubois now. Their window for contention probably starts around the time Dubois is UFA anyway. Either Chevy accepts the offer or an equivalent offer or he can look somewhere else. If Dubois signs long term somewhere else he was full of shit anyway.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Trade alert-

wfp jeff hamilton reporting possible jets habs deal for obviously dubois that might be hinging on a reportedly price retirement.

For those interested in Hamilton's reporting. He is usually accurate and has been the go to guy for reporting Bowness connection with jets a full month before it happened and same with their draft pick and assistant coaching hire

So pay attention to him in the coming days.

No way Price out right retires. It's LTIRETIREMENT.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yup…..we are almost assured of finishing last in out conference again and there’s no way 5 teams are worst then us in the west….essentially we are more then likely in the top 5 which will Net us a a cost controlling star for the next 5yrs!!
How do you feel about your prediction if Price is good to go, say 40-50 games?

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Reading some of the posts is telling me PLD is too young and not established enough and Huberdeau is too old and going to decline.

So we only want an established star, who’s had 100 point seasons by the age of 25, but won’t over pay for them? Am I doing this right?
I think Jesper Bratt would be a great add from the Devils. He's RFA and there has been some buzz that the Devils may want to move him. I think the Habs should be all over that - it would be great to add Jesper Bratt to the team. What a dream that would be he's a real good player!!

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Please stop posing this bullshit, Hamilton never said anything about a trade being close. You are making things up at this point.

For anybody interested in what Hamilton actually said, he posted some wild speculation on twitter about trading Hellebuyck but never at any point indicated that it was being discussed by the Jets.

which world they live in? lol, dont know if i laugh or cry

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
No. Hughes should NOT pester Chevaldayoff. He made his offer. That is it. There is no reason to care about Dubois now. Their window for contention probably starts around the time Dubois is UFA anyway. Either Chevy accepts the offer or an equivalent offer or he can look somewhere else. If Dubois signs long term somewhere else he was full of shit anyway.

Ridiculous.

- Acquiring Dubois is a rebuilding move. He's a year older than Suzuki, dude. Should we trade Suzuki for picks because we're not contending? Let's see if you're going to be consistent.
- Someone is not full of shit if they move on with their life because you don't want to give up a freaking pick.

Ridiculous.

- Acquiring Dubois is a rebuilding move. He's a year older than Suzuki, dude. Should we trade Suzuki because we're not contending? Let's see if you're going to be consistent.
- Someone is not full of shit if they move on with their life because you don't want to give up a freaking pick.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

“Some” is the operative word. Looks to me that most would welcome a high octane scoring talent and a top 6 C who have both shown interest in playing home.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

According to posters here, there are, in fact, no players that fit into what we should be trying to do. Swear to God, we're going to have start looking at Mars for our hockey players.

Reactions: Guy Larose

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
It’s a couple of posters who just love seeing the habs top scorer have 60 pts
I question the knowledge of the fans who don’t want Hurbedeau or

maybe but Molson had made next to nothing in playoff revenue for a few years
Hockey is still a business and Molson can maximize the pls advertisements and make himself money

NO. Some people just finally want a real rebuild to have a real team who’ll compete for a long time with OUR OWN 100 points superstar drafted by the team.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So hard to tell what will happen with Price. I mean he'd have to be at top form to make much of a difference...
We’ve seen him come back strong in the COVID playoffs. Just curious since he can be a huge difference-maker.

Reactions: jaffy27

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Ridiculous.

- Acquiring Dubois is a rebuilding move. He's a year older than Suzuki, dude. Should we trade Suzuki for picks because we're not contending? Let's see if you're going to be consistent.

Ridiculous.

- Acquiring Dubois is a rebuilding move. He's a year older than Suzuki, dude. Should we trade Suzuki because we're not contending? Let's see if you're going to be consistent.
Then let him move on with his life. we are NOT contending. Jets presumably want to. It's up to them to take players that can help them now like Dvorak. Dubois is a rebuilding move but not if we are giving up too many other building blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad