GDT: Around The League: 2024 Playoffs Edition Round 2- “Oh, You Didn’t Know? You’re Ass Better Call SOMEBODY!!!!!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Draisaitls back! Per Seravalli

Means he will atleast try this period, hopefully hes good to go.

edit: uuh wrong thread woopsie.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
I'd advise to stop watching the other series as you'll find every club has much much better goaltending than ours. The degree of difference being depressing, really.

If seeing actual goalies doesn't bother you than keep watching. But your common reaction will be "Skinner wouldn't make that stop"
We already knew this. Out dueled by an AHL goalie

Reactions: Drivesaitl

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

And the coaching merry go round will continue.

La, Edm, Stl, SJ, Sea, Ott, Buf, NJ, Tor, NYI have new HC from game 1 of regular season. That’s 10 with Columbus needing a new GM and likely a HC change there as well to get us to 11, so 1/3 of the league. 2 GM changes in Ott and Columbus.
So when do the other GMs who changed HC get some heat?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
La, Edm, Stl, SJ, Sea, Ott, Buf, NJ, Tor, NYI have new HC from game 1 of regular season. That’s 10 with Columbus needing a new GM and likely a HC change there as well to get us to 11, so 1/3 of the league. 2 GM changes in Ott and Columbus.
So when do the other GMs who changed HC get some heat?

Treliving less than a year ago said Keefe was the best man for the job and extended him for two more years. Today he’s fired because he didn’t get the job done, two months before his extension kicks in.

Woody fired a year into his extension. Buffalo fired Granato before his extension kicked in IIRC.

If I’m a team owner I give the manager and President their walking papers as well.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Treliving less than a year ago said Keefe was the best man for the job and extended him for two more years. Today he’s fired because he didn’t get the job done, two months before his extension kicks in.

Woody fired a year into his extension. Buffalo fired Granato before his extension kicked in IIRC.

If I’m a team owner I give the manager and President their walking papers as well.
You typically do not want a HC going into their final year. Either terminate them or extend them. But, to extend them only to terminate them following the season, just means that they should have done it last off-season. Bad assessment by management.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Bold move, but I think it’s the right one. Andersen seems to always end up as the second best goalie when it matters most.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

What does Shanahan actually do and how has he kept his job for so long? 10 years of running around in circles.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Bold move, but I think it’s the right one. Andersen seems to always end up as the second best goalie when it matters most.

87.5 minutes of hockey for Freddy. If he’s fatigued kind of have no choice. But lots of pressure on the kid to step up. NYR and Carolina is every other day to game 5. 2 day break before game 6.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
In pro hockey (at least), coaching extensions have come to mean severance package as well as “we like your work” in equal parts….gambles for sure.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
You typically do not want a HC going into their final year. Either terminate them or extend them. But, to extend them only to terminate them following the season, just means that they should have done it last off-season. Bad assessment by management.
Keefe architected his own firing by saying other teams set themselves up for the Leafs to beat themselves. That’s a comment from a guy who knows he just coached his last game for the franchise and a bit of a shot at upper execs for not getting smarter players to work with.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Canes finally have a playoff performer on their team after years of being regular season wonders.

Too bad that's still only 1 guy though :)

Reactions: Oilhawks

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Lots of rough stuff from guys with no history of that in this series.

Looks at McLeod and Nuge

Reactions: oobga

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Lots of rough stuff from guys with no history of that in this series.

Looks at McLeod and Nuge

Kinda neat how Nuge has 1 fight every 3 years (2011, 2014, 2017, 2020, 2023).

Gotta wait until 2026 sorry.

And McLeod, I don't think that will ever happen. Ryan 2.0 is made of only the purest vanilla.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018

Kinda neat how Nuge has 1 fight every 3 years (2011, 2014, 2017, 2020, 2023).

Gotta wait until 2026 sorry.

And McLeod, I don't think that will ever happen. Ryan 2.0 is made of only the purest vanilla.
Yup, our guys won’t pay the price and sure as hell won’t initiate.
We’ll never win shit with gutless players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad