Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 44

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I had looked up a while as go because I don't iked what I saw. For some reason I mis-remembered him being 27.

But the point still stands. It's a risk. He'll likely have 5 good years left.

Domi is frustrating right now, but still very young.

Domi needs a mature center to play with IMO. Suzuki is learning on the job and is showing signs at growing more and more but I think Domi needs a center like Marchand plays with.. Bergeron type.

Reactions: 26Mats

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
Domi needs a mature center to play with IMO. Suzuki is learning on the job and is showing signs at growing more and more but I think Domi needs a center like Marchand plays with.. Bergeron type.
The center was called ROR...that ship has sailed with the coward Bergevin.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The center was called ROR...that ship has sailed with the coward Bergevin.

Would have been Poehling and Caufield. All ROR does for us with the term he had was make us a playoff pretender a bit more IMO. I support a trade like that but only when we are closer.

I think the Sabres were asking for more from the Habs vs the Blues cause of the same division. Bergevin did try to get him for sure... Remember the "tell the Sabres GM to lower his price and call me" statement he made to the media?

But you are right with Domi fitting well with ROR.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Anyone think Petry is waived NTC to go to Winnipeg who are not even in a playoff spot?

Asking for a friend.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Anyone think Petry is waived NTC to go to Winnipeg who are not even in a playoff spot?

Asking for a friend.

He has 15 team NTC I believe. It's possible Bergevin didn't even ask him about listing those teams. I think Petry likes it in Montreal but might consider the Jets.. maybe. It's anybodies guess really

Even if Petry doesn't have the Jets on his NTC list... I think the biggest problem would be what the Jets offer us. Is their 1st, Vesalainen, and a 2nd comparable to the Muzzin return? I say it's very close value. Would Bergevin even do that? :dunno:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

CJ should be doing more experimenting. Tatar-Danault-Gallagher have been pretty much joined at the hip since Tatar arrived. Why have two of our best snipers on the same line and two of our best playmakers on the same line (Domi-Drouin then Domi-Suzuki)?

I'd at least try:

Domi-danault-gallagher
Kovalchuk-Suzuki-Armia
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Drouin

Or

Domi-Danault-Gallagher
Tatar-Suzuki-Drouin
Kovalchuk-Kotkaniemi-Armia

Or

Domi-danault-gallagher
Tatar-Suzuki-Kovalchuk
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Armia

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
They have a shot next year with the current roster if healthy. Even by trading Tatar right now you can re-sign Kovalchuk so your roster pretty much stays the same strength. We have depth and here's hoping some of the young kids can take the next step. If Price has a good season there is no reason why we can't get in in 2021.

Long term it's gonna be tough to get out of no-man's land, unless Bouchard can pull off a few miracles with development. Our 2020 1st pick, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Romanov, Caufield, Brook, Fleury, Mete, Poehling all really need to pan out because there is no end in sight without a true superstar
a shot?? that is just the thing...... enough...MB fix this so they have a better team then the past 2 years...then they have a shot

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
He has 15 team NTC I believe. It's possible Bergevin didn't even ask him about listing those teams. I think Petry likes it in Montreal but might consider the Jets.. maybe. It's anybodies guess really

Even if Petry doesn't have the Jets on his NTC list... I think the biggest problem would be what the Jets offer us. Is their 1st, Vesalainen, and a 2nd comparable to the Muzzin return? I say it's very close value. Would Bergevin even do that? :dunno:

I don’t think Petry waives to go to Winnipeg so it doesn’t matter what they offer. He’ll just refuse to go.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
CJ should be doing more experimenting. Tatar-Danault-Gallagher have been pretty much joined at the hip since Tatar arrived. Why have two of our best snipers on the same line and two of our best playmakers on the same line (Domi-Drouin then Domi-Suzuki)?

I'd at least try:

Domi-danault-gallagher
Kovalchuk-Suzuki-Armia
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Drouin

Or

Domi-Danault-Gallagher
Tatar-Suzuki-Drouin
Kovalchuk-Kotkaniemi-Armia

Or

Domi-danault-gallagher
Tatar-Suzuki-Kovalchuk
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Armia

I think Domi does take Tatar's spot if we move on from Tatar. My problem is who does Tatar fit well with in the short term if we want to tinker with what we have right now? Both Tatar and Domi are not that strong defensibly in their own end and this would be the issue cause Suzuki and KK are learning on the job.

If our management don't care about the playoffs and come to their senses, they should try several different options

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don’t think Petry waives to go to Winnipeg so it doesn’t matter what they offer. He’ll just refuse to go.

I have no idea but you might be right. If Petry does want to stay in Montreal, he's not stupid, he knows what teams need a RD and likely would put the Jets on his NTC list.

Would be interesting to see if info is leaked about if Bergevin asked him to list his 15 teams? What's the rules on that? Can you ask anytime or does this have to be given when the season starts?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think Domi does take Tatar's spot if we move on from Tatar. My problem is who does Tatar fit well with? Both Tatar and Domi are not that strong defensibly in their own end and this would be the issue cause Suzuki and KK are learning on the job.

If our management don't care about the playoffs and come to their senses, they should try several different options

Tatar and Suzuki have great chemistry on the pp so i'd like to see it 5 on 5.

Plus, Tatar is still better defensively than our other 3 best LW options: Kovalchuk, Domi, and Drouin.:sarcasm:

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
I had looked up a while as go because I don't iked what I saw. For some reason I mis-remembered him being 27.

But the point still stands. It's a risk. He'll likely have 5 good years left.

Domi is frustrating right now, but still very young.
They are both drafted in 2013. Age is not really a factor in this trade.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Tatar and Suzuki have great chemistry on the pp so i'd like to see it 5 on 5.

Plus, Tatar is still better defensively than our other 3 best LW options: Kovalchuk, Domi, and Drouin.:sarcasm:

If I was to shuffle it... I'd try this first.. Domi and Suzuki can share the center role and face offs. But I bet you Julien would be worried about play in their own end with Tatar / Domi / Suzuki

Kovalchuk / Danault / Gallagher
Tatar / Domi / Suzuki
Drouin / KK / Armia
Lehkonen / Thompson / Byron

There are a few things we can try including what you posted.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
They are both drafted in 2013. Age is not really a factor in this trade.

I think it could be because big power forwards tend to fade very young. But there are exceptions.

It's kinf like in football, Running backs are usually done at 32, but quarterbacks can play until 37.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
I think it could be because big power forwards tend to fade very young. But there are exceptions.

It's kinf like in football, Running backs are usually done at 32, but quarterbacks can play until 37.
We’re going to have to watch Domi try to dangle though 5 guys until he’s 37? :sarcasm:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Mantha's a really big 27 year old power forward. Those kinds of players tend to fade when they hit 30.

If I trade Domi, it's for a LD type like Nurse or Werenski. Habs would have to add if it's Werenski and Oilers would have to add if it's Nurse.

If I trade Domi, I keep Tatar.

You want Mantha? Try dangling Poehling, Mete, and a 2nd. See if they bite.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If I was to shuffle it... I'd try this first.. Domi and Suzuki can share the center role and face offs. But I bet you Julien would be worried about play in their own end with Tatar / Domi / Suzuki

Kovalchuk / Danault / Gallagher
Tatar / Domi / Suzuki
Drouin / KK / Armia
Lehkonen / Thompson / Byron

There are a few things we can try including what you posted.

I would also like to see that.

But KK has just been sent to laval. I'm in the minority of perhaps 1 on this, but I'd like another skilled forward in the top 9 to replace KK. Byron is too snall, and I want Lehkonen on the 4th line. If Poehling can't hang in the top 9, I'd go out and get Galchenyuk for free.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would also like to see that.

But KK has just been sent to laval. I'm in the minority of perhaps 1 on this, but I'd like another skilled forward in the top 9 to replace KK. Byron is too snall, and I want Lehkonen on the 4th line. If Poehling can't hang in the top 9, I'd go out and get Galchenyuk for free.

Ah... I missed that with KK going to Laval. Nice. Hopefully he gains some traction and produces vs struggling even more cause of the AHL grinders. Lack of physical strength may be a bigger issue in the AHL? :dunno:

Only way we are getting Galchenyuk is if we engage in Tatar and/or Kovalchuk to the Pens and Chucky is a cap dump. Would be interesting to see if that develops but doubt it.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We’re going to have to watch Domi try to dangle though 5 guys until he’s 37? :sarcasm:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

But I hope he can mature. I also think this selfish play is partly the result of playing with really shitty linemates. He's like f*** it, I'm playing with Cousins and Weal, why pass the puck?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Ah... I missed that with KK going to Laval. Nice. Hopefully he gains some traction and produces vs struggling even more cause of the AHL grinders. Lack of physical strength may be a bigger issue in the AHL? :dunno:

I'm happy for the change of scenery either way. Have to hope his experience is similar to Mete's last year.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal

But I hope he can mature. I also think this selfish play is partly the result of playing with really ****ty linemates. He's like **** it, I'm playing with Cousins and Weal, why pass the puck?
That’s true. If he starts playing like he did last year, I want him on my team long-term. If he continues playing like he has this season, not so sure. The Habs have kind of been a mess this year so it’s understandable.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm happy for the change of scenery either way. Have to hope his experience is similar to Mete's last year.

Wonder what wingers they will play him with in Laval? I think that's key. He will be getting PP time but what does Bouchard have his mind on? KK making mistakes on the job or the playoffs? We will see how that develops

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

But I hope he can mature. I also think this selfish play is partly the result of playing with really ****ty linemates. He's like **** it, I'm playing with Cousins and Weal, why pass the puck?

100% agree on the lack of proven skilled talent for him to play with... especially at center. Lots to like with Suzuki but he is learning on the job.

Domi takes jumps forward in production like Patch and Radulov if we trade him to a team with better talent and less holes. Habs fans need to learn about throwing our players under the bus cause our team is struggling and has growing pains with our kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad