Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 44

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
We might get more for Petry at the deadline (two playoff runs on a cheap contract if MON holds back 2.75M for next year) because, at 33 1/2 when his next contract starts, there might not be that many willing to pay him the amount he'll seek for the term he'll want in a sign and trade scenario.

Tatar, on the other hand, will be as old as Pacioretty was when he was traded in a sign and deal scenario with Las Vegas. Tatar will have more value on a 4 or 5 year extension, like what was given to Pacioretty.

Wait with Tatar and see how costly it would be to re-sign him. Move ahead with Petry, IMO, unless you can get Petry to accept an extension of no more than three years at no more than 6M. Not likely.

I believe that you're better off trading a more pouty Domi than Tatar, if the return is good. I know it doesn't sit with the getting younger motif but, Tatar can still contribute to a Cup window, IMO, and that leaves enough time to draft and develop a replacement or two for Domi and Tatar, on top of what we might get for Domi.

IMO, Domi should net us a solid D prospect from a team like EDM.
I doubt we move Petry unless a team way over pays. I wouldn't hold my breathe. Bergeron be throwing the towel in ob next season if he deals Petry. He will be hard to replace. There's nothing in the system and Habs are not major players in UFA market.

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
I doubt we move Petry unless a team way over pays. I wouldn't hold my breathe. Bergeron be throwing the towel in ob next season if he deals Petry. He will be hard to replace. There's nothing in the system and Habs are not major players in UFA market.
Bergevin is not a major player in the UFA market...if you got a new GM say Patrick Roy or Youppi...i am sure they could attract way bigger UFA's than the clown.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I wonder if we could get a 2nd in the 2021 draft for Kovalchuk. Could pay off if that team struggles that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad