Proposal: Trade proposal: Blues-Wings

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'd tend to think that Bobrovsky at 50% retained would cost you at least Kyrou, Pretty sure of that. He'll be the best UFA Goalie on the open market next year.
UFA goalies just don't return that much. Miller is a solid comparable. Bobrovsky is better than Miller was, but Bob also isn't performing that great. He's going to get a huge contract and potentially completely fall off in his early/mid 30's like a lot of other goalies have recently.

Maybe to get rid of Allen, it's going to cost a prospect of that caliber, but just Bob himself won't get that. We are also very close to a point where we can't turn the season around, so it's really not worth wasting assets on rentals.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
UFA goalies just don't return that much. Miller is a solid comparable. Bobrovsky is better than Miller was, but Bob also isn't performing that great. He's going to get a huge contract and potentially completely fall off in his early/mid 30's like a lot of other goalies have recently.

Maybe to get rid of Allen, it's going to cost a prospect of that caliber, but just Bob himself won't get that. We are also very close to a point where we can't turn the season around, so it's really not worth wasting assets on rentals.
You make excellent points here, We'll see what Armstrong decides to do. Too save your guys season here.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
You make excellent points here, We'll see what Armstrong decides to do. Too save your guys season here.

I honestly hope he doesn't try and fix it or he makes moves to just get rid of guys not in our future plans. Try to get rid of Allen. I'd rather get the best possible pick possible. A disaster of a season could be our best chance of adding an elite talent to the core, which is definitely needed.

Reactions: Whitsmith803

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

Miller? Miller got a 1st which the Blues don't even have

there's also a big difference between prying away the starter of a tanking team like Buffalo in 2014 and the starter of a Playoff team like Columbus,why would they even consider moving him for anything less?

Reactions: Oddbob

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Miller? Miller got a 1st which the Blues don't even have

there's also a big difference between prying away the starter of a tanking team like Buffalo in 2014 and the starter of a Playoff team like Columbus,why would they even consider moving him for anything less?

I never said it would be realistic, I don't think Columbus would move him. I'm just saying UFA goalies don't have great value.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I have a hard time seeing a deal work out here. The Blues would have to be extremely desperate to compete this year. They would have to convince Detroit to throw in the towel right now and move Howard who is the glue keeping everything together. Detroit would also have to heavily retain and/or take on a cap dump. If the dump is Allen, Detroit would need a very good reason to take on that contract. Even if the Blues manage to get Howard, their odds of making the playoffs are not good and worst case scenario they improve enough to lose their 1st round pick, but not enough to make the playoffs. I don’t see any reason why the Blues would be so desperate this year. It would have to be an I’m going to lose my job sort of deal from Armstrong.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
What do you believe is Howard's worth?

If Detroit is trading Howard now and retaining 50% I’d expect at least a 2nd round pick. Not a winger that we have no need for whatsoever. Look at all the young wingers on the Red Wings that are significantly better than Blais.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If Detroit is trading Howard now and retaining 50% I’d expect at least a 2nd round pick. Not a winger that we have no need for whatsoever. Look at all the young wingers on the Red Wings that are significantly better than Blais.
Yeah, that's fine, I was just curious, I'm not up to date on your needs. That price would be fair.

Reactions: Tatar Shots

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yep Howard @ $2.65 mil dealt now is definitely worth a 2019 2nd round pick, No way i'd take any thing less if i'm Holland. And we all know he's a big Howard fan so if the Blues are desperate for Howard! The cost wont be cheap.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Yep Howard @ $2.65 mil dealt now is definitely worth a 2019 2nd round pick, No way i'd take any thing less if i'm Holland. And we all know he's a big Howard fan so if the Blues are desperate for Howard! The cost wont be cheap.

How long are you willing to wait on that 2nd? we are a little light on picks the next few, would you take a 2021?

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013

A 2nd round pick. Which is about the value of Blais.

You'd have a deal.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I know Joke Allen sucks and all, but seriously Blues fans do you not pay attention to hockey outside of STL? Howard puts up borderline elite numbers until he gets overplayed, injured and then has a ~10-20 game post-injury slump that brings him back to avg+ numbers. If the Blues trade ANYTHING for him they will lose the trade because they will start him every night until he gets hurt and then its curtains for the season. Wings have worse cap issues than the Blues and there's no way in hell they are looking to have Shakey Jake for term.

I wouldn't see a Howard for Allen trade unless there was a double switch (like throwing in Abdelkader for Bouwmeester) and the Blues sweetening the pot with a decent draft pick to account for the talent gap between Howard and Allen.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
A 2nd round pick. Which is about the value of Blais.

You'd have a deal.

I disagree that his value is a 2nd, but yea; Howard 50% retained for St. Louis 2019 2nd round pick would be enough to force me to deal Howard now if I was Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00