Proposal: Trade proposal: Blues-Wings

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Want no part of Allen, he appears to be non NHL bound very soon, or backup at best. He makes some big saves, but when you see highlights he seems to let in a fair number of stoppable pucks. If he is struggling with the Blues defenders in front of him, it would likely be a bloodbath if he were in Detroit.

Reactions: CykaBlyat

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
What are Detroit's organizational needs? Would something around Bouwmeester + Binnington + be enticing?

:wings: Bouwmeester + Binnington + conditional pick

:blues: Howard

(Lmao @ Kyrou)

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Chad Johnson, Scott Perunovich and a 2019 3rd for Howard at 50% retained.
Salary cap.

Howard makes nearly $5.3M and the Blues have around 40k in cap space right now. Any trade would basically have to be dollar for dollar...which is why I think Bouwmeester ($5.4M) + picks/prospects makes a ton of sense. Plus both are UFA's after this year.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Salary cap.

Howard makes nearly $5.3M and the Blues have around 40k in cap space right now. Any trade would basically have to be dollar for dollar...which is why I think Bouwmeester ($5.4M) makes sense. Plus both are UFA's after this year.
I see your point, but what are we going to do with all three of Howard, Johnson and Allen?

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
I see your point, but what are we going to do with all three of Howard, Johnson and Allen?
Meh. Throw in Johnson, or send one down to the AHL - where there would be room if we traded Binnington...which is why I included Binny in my offer with Bouw. Figure Detroit would prefer the younger Binnington and don't see much of a future for him in the Blues org TBH.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Younger players. Bouwmeester is just too old to be any sort of long term piece and goalie isn’t really a need. Young defenders or forwards with upside are probably the need. Guys with realistic too 6/top 4 potential. Or top 60 draft picks

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Younger players. Bouwmeester is just too old to be any sort of long term piece and goalie isn’t really a need. Young defenders or forwards with upside are probably the need. Guys with realistic too 6/top 4 potential. Or top 60 draft picks

I think we would be willing to trade one of our decent prospects (not any of our tip 5) but you have to take salary back, we have less than 100k in cap space, that's why Jaybo, he only has this year and he's done

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Who are your 6/7/8 prospects?
I would say in order as follows. (Thomas is on the team not a prospect)
1) Kyrou
2)Husso
3)bokk
4)Kostin
5) Walman (seemed dynamite in training camp still finding his stride)
6)Blais
7)Mikola
(8-9)Binnington, fitzpatrick
10)peronovich
11) Toropchenko
12-13)Foley (IR) Stevens
14) DavidNoel

Just a quick look. Defiantly open for opinion. I would say the top 5 are our best.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Salary cap.

Howard makes nearly $5.3M and the Blues have around 40k in cap space right now. Any trade would basically have to be dollar for dollar...which is why I think Bouwmeester ($5.4M) + picks/prospects makes a ton of sense. Plus both are UFA's after this year.
As a Wings fan I'd do something around Howard @ 2.65 million 50% retention for Bouwmeester have always been a big fan of his game.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The weird thing about us trading for Howard is, we would have to do the trade very soon and hope to god he immediately turns us around. Most likely, we get him, we improve, but we still finish around 10th/11th, and this season becomes an even bigger disaster.

I'd be curious if Detroit would be interested in a deal where we send Allen for Howard, but also something to make it worth it for them to take him. That's the only way trading for a pending UFA makes sense to me. We are just running out of time to realistically turn the season around.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
I would say in order as follows. (Thomas is on the team not a prospect)
1) Kyrou
2)Husso
3)bokk
4)Kostin
5) Walman (seemed dynamite in training camp still finding his stride)
6)Blais
7)Mikola
(8-9)Binnington, fitzpatrick
10)peronovich
11) Toropchenko
12-13)Foley (IR) Stevens
14) DavidNoel

Just a quick look. Defiantly open for opinion. I would say the top 5 are our best.

Blais is on the team right now so including him on this list and not Thomas isn’t right. Also, you’re missing rienke and he would float somewhere around walman. I’d take him above walman but others would put him below mikkola.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The weird thing about us trading for Howard is, we would have to do the trade very soon and hope to god he immediately turns us around. Most likely, we get him, we improve, but we still finish around 10th/11th, and this season becomes an even bigger disaster.

I'd be curious if Detroit would be interested in a deal where we send Allen for Howard, but also something to make it worth it for them to take him. That's the only way trading for a pending UFA makes sense to me. We are just running out of time to realistically turn the season around.
What would you send Like Blais who is almost NHL ready or a pick to help with their rebuild. Just curios to your thoughts on this.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What would you send Like Blais who is almost NHL ready or a pick to help with their rebuild. Just curios to your thoughts on this.

Would probably cost more than Blais to be honest. Chicago had to package Teravainen with Bickell to get a 2nd and 3rd and Bickell was an expiring contract.

Washington only got a 2nd for Grubauer because they sent Orpik along too who had just 1 year left.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Howard shouldn’t be the target. The target should be bobrovsky and he will cost a top 5 prospect.

Allen and kyrou or bokk for bobrovsky at 50% retained

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad