Confirmed with Link: Trade! Petersen & Walker & Grans and a 2024 2nd to Flyers : Kings 30% retention on Provorov and get Connauton and Hodgson

Sam

Feb 27, 2002

30 percent of Provorov's cap hit is $2.025 million for 2 more seasons. Waiting to see what else we gave up. Dumping both Petersen and Walker had to cost more.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Apparently the Kings are also giving up Grans and a 2nd as part of the deal.

Apparently the Kings are also giving up Grans and a 2nd as part of the deal.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
a cal petersen trade is what breaks this website?

we made it ma!

we made it ma!
How the hell is it 2023 and the site still crashes this much?

Is the server still being run on a windows 95 machine?

we made it ma!

we made it ma!
How the hell is it 2023 and the site still crashes this much?

Is the server still being run on a windows 95 machine?

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
TRADE ALERT: Kings Send Trio of Players to Philadelphia Flyers, Setting Up Gavrikov Signing
Goaltender Cal Petersen, defenseman Sean Walker, and prospect Helge Grans have been traded as part of a three-team deal with the Philadelphia Flyers and Columbus Blue Jackets. LA will also send a second round pick in the trade, as well as retain 30% of Ivan Provorov’s contract (he’ll end up in Columbus). In return, Blake ends up with his desired cap savings.

Next, we’re expecting the Kings to announce a new contract for Gavrikov in the days ahead. It will most likely come in at two years and just shy of $6M per season.
A good start to the offseason.

Reactions: David Lunch

bland

Jul 1, 2004
So a 1st, a 2nd, Quick, Peterson, Walker and Grans AND 2 years of Provorovs 30% hit for 20 games of Korpisalo and 2 years and 3 months of Gavrikov.

Somebody please wake up and fire Blake before its too late - if it isn't already.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Out:
Petersen
Walker
2nd
Grans

In:
2.025M Cap Hit Retention

Apparently the extension they're working on for Gavrikov is short term. Around 2 years, at 6M per.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Blake really backed himself into a corner. Can we get someone in the front office with him who knows how to deal with #'s? This screams someone failed calculus, geometry, statistics, and even basic algebra 1 & 2.

Reactions: KINGS17

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Ouch! We'll Blake has the money for Gavrikov now. He almost has to sign him and Korpisalo now to not look like a buffoon, which it is probably too late for. I'm not a Blake hater like some, but this is a horrific allocation of assets.

Reactions: Piston

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
getting out from under cal is an achievement in itself, but i'm hesitant to backpat over this cause it's just taking on salary to clean up mistakes with salary

assuming there has to be a gavrikov handshake agreement in place

Reactions: David Lunch

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
So Blake's fukkup in jumping the gun and signing Cal to a whale contract costs us Grans and a 2nd to get out of. Pretty nifty move but it still just cancels out the original failure. Have to feel good about the fact that consolidation and salary out is happening though, also looking forward to a re-signing of Gavrikov now.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
I don’t hate it but I don’t like it. It’s nice clearing out Walker to open a spot for Clarke or Spence. I always saw Grans as a trade piece and his offense, which at the draft was his strong suit, stagnated.

But the rumored contract of Gavrikov makes me wonder who the heck will be our starter next season?

Last edited:
Reactions: LAKings88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad