TRADE or RE-SIGN - Bo Horvat

Trade or Resign Bo Horvat?

• TRADE

• RESIGN

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Why the hell would PA and JR not allow teams to discuss a long term deal (assuming we like what they are offering). He is NOT staying here. They made the same idiotic mistake with miller’s camp

So ancient in their logic

Reactions: bossram

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
We just had to sign that cancer miller

Why the hell would PA and JR not allow teams to discuss a long term deal (assuming we like what they are offering). He is NOT staying here. They made the same idiotic mistake with miller’s camp

Someone speculated that it would kinda be like keslers situation where he would only want to go to a couple specific teams which would hurt his trade value

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
We just had to sign that cancer miller

Someone speculated that it would kinda be like keslers situation where he would only want to go to a couple specific teams which would hurt his trade value
That’s why you let him talk to teams we like what they offer

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
And what if he doesn't want to sign there long

Its chicken and egg. If a team knows they have him locked up vs s rental, the offer will be much better. You get them to play their cards on an offer contingent on a long term deal discussion

Nov 1, 2011
And what if he doesn't want to sign there long term?

Then they should be happy taking Miller.

It's funny. When a guy is 1 year away from UFA, people say, "We aren't trading that for a rental." Then you sign said "rental" to a contract they would have been happy to offer and it becomes, "That's an albatross contract."

Reactions: GranvilleIsland

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

Its not that simple.

What if Horvat's camp tells the potential trade partner "There is zero chance I will sign an extension." just as an example.

Reactions: Vector and rypper

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Its not that simple.

What if Horvat's camp tells the potential trade partner "There is zero chance I will sign an extension." just as an example.
News flash..,

That is fact, not even in the realm of possibility at this point. Only focus should be maximizing the return. How many times are these clowns going to screw this up?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I still find it wild this is the last guy on the roster we drafted out of the CHL.

Guy got married had 3 kids, made captain etc etc etc

And we still haven’t found other talent in the CHL during that stint.
Like 10 years.

Reactions: Bubbles and Flik

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
That’s why you let him talk to teams we like what they offer
Sure, let’s him talk to DET and once they determine his preference is to sign there long term they elect to wait until the summer. Why waste assets. They are handling this correctly

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Apparently the Canucks and Horvat are still talking.....but another $5m for Kuzmenko next season; plus Miller's $8m contract kicking in, probably means the end.

Unless they could unload at least one of Boeser, OEL or Myers (almost impossible), then Horvat is history in Vancouver.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Apparently the Canucks and Horvat are still talking.....but another $5m for Kuzmenko next season; plus Miller's $8m contract kicking in, probably means the end.

Unless they could unload at least one of Boeser, OEL or Myers (almost impossible), then Horvat is history in Vancouver.

That Myers bonus is costing a lot, would be crazy expensive this deadline.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

Mgmt: "Hey Bo. Now that we have got the Miller and Kuzmenko deals out of the way, we should talk contract extension"

Horvat: "Click"

Mgmt: "Hello? Bo, you there?"

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Mgmt: "Hey Bo. Now that we have got the Miller and Kuzmenko deals out of the way, we should talk contract extension"

Horvat: "Click"

Mgmt: "Hello? Bo, you there?"
Reminds me of Benning adding OEL and garland and extending Pearson months before negotiating with Pettersson and Hughes.

That Pearson extension was hilarious.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Its not that simple.

Not giving permission to talk to teams is the MOST overblown thing I have literally ever seen in my life.

Bruins GM calls Horvats agent and says “hey Pat, you’ve been an agent a long time, in your opinion what does a top 10 NHL centre who scores xxxx points and is xxxx years old get on a 5 year deal?”

Agent “that’s a good question, I would have to think such a player would fetch 7.8M…. But I have to imagine he would want a 7 year deal…. Hypothetically of course”

Bruins GM , sounds about. Hope the family is well, talk soon.

Click.

That conversation is 100% legal to have.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
The Horvat deal / non deal is a joke. They could find money for him if they want to.

Boeser who they have publicly said they are trying to move , makes 6.7M. Horvat wants what….. 1.5M more than that only? You could move BB6 (may have to attach a pick) and add 1.5 mill and sign him.

That being said , the relationship , like usual with this franchise is now soured. Having morris in town and JRs puppet Allvin didn’t even meet with him lol. That’s all done by design.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Sure, let’s him talk to DET and once they determine his preference is to sign there long term they elect to wait until the summer. Why waste assets. They are handling this correctly
I hope that is being sarcastic

You do realize he walks away for nothing this summer right?

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I hope that is being sarcastic

You do realize he walks away for nothing this summer right?
Absolutely not sarcastic. Yea I’m aware he is a UFA. I don’t think you understand my post. Maybe the confusion is over “why waste assets.” I mean why would DET waste assets when they can grab him long term in the summer for nothing but cap space

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Absolutely not sarcastic. Yea I’m aware he is a UFA. I don’t think you understand my post. Maybe the confusion is over “why waste assets.” I mean why would DET waste assets when they can grab him long term in the summer for nothing but cap space
Because they fear he will be locked up elsewhere

He can talk to multiple teams at the discretion of Vancouver

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Because they fear he will be locked up elsewhere

He can talk to multiple teams at the discretion of Vancouver
Ok, and again what happens if they find out he has no interest in signing there

Or

Out of all the teams interested in him hes only willing to sign to lets say one team... why would the other teams try to go into a bidding war for him if they know theres no chance of him being there next season

Reactions: DonnyNucker

GranvilleIsland

Feb 26, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
Major surgery is when you triple down I guess.

The plan is too just keep chipping away until the asset pool is even worse than it is now and the owner is forced into another Benning style "rebuild" because the team is so terrible and capped out that they tank by accident while still bleeding assets, oh wait that's also this season.

I guess the plan is to trade some more 2nds to rid ourselves of Dickinsons and continue re-signing players who have proven to be a bad mix together while ignoring the defense entirely, aside from the odd trade for a 3rd pairing dman where we continue to bleed picks. Jim Rutherford was famous for hockey trades like Neal for Hornqvist, guess he's in retirement mode.

Reactions: Bubbles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad