Confirmed with Link: Trade: Logan Brown to StLouis for Zack Sanford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Were you expecting a better return? I'm surprised we got an NHL player
No, I wasn't. I wasn't expecting any interest in Logan Brown and I would've rather just let him walk next year without having to potentially give up a 4th. I just don't see the rational behind adding Sanford, another 4th line guy, other than reaching the floor.

The silver lining is that we can probably recoup that 4th at the deadline when we move him out. So pretty much a null trade.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This is likely a TDL acquisition & unless Sanford does very well IMO he is just here until they decide to elevate Sokolov to that position. People would have been pissed if they placed L. Brown on waivers & someone picked him up for nothing. At least this way they get something for him & a 4th is not that big a deal especially given LB could get hurt way before he plays 30 games.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Better to get something than nothing I suppose. We'll see if Brown can reach 30 games - if they're planning to play him in a 4th line role, I think there's a reasonable chance he won't.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I don't really understand why we gave up a pick. In all likelihood this will be forgettable for both teams.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No, I wasn't. I wasn't expecting any interest in Logan Brown and I would've rather just let him walk next year without having to potentially give up a 4th. I just don't see the rational behind adding Sanford, another 4th line guy, other than reaching the floor.

The silver lining is that we can probably recoup that 4th at the deadline when we move him out. So pretty much a null trade.
Pretty “elite fourth liner” then

the guy is capable it seems

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I don't really understand why we gave up a pick. In all likelihood this will be forgettable for both teams.

Because Sanford has played 170 NHL games the last 3 years and Logan is... Well he's Logan.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Logan would have been waived at the end of camp and picked up for free so getting anything is better than nothing.

I would bet he doesn't meet the 30 game threshold with STL so we don't end up losing that 4th round pick.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Zack Sanford stats:

LW 6'4" 207 lbs Age 26

SUMMARY
2020-21
GP. G. A. Pts.

52 10. 6. 16

CAREER
209 38 36 74

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
My thoughts as well.

And knowing DJ, he's going to give Sanford opportunities in the top-6 while better prospects wait in line.

Useless trade.
Ha, well when ya put it that way, absolutely nothings changed from years past then.

Which to be fair, a lot of it hasn't sooooo

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Sanford has 26 goals in his last 110 games (last 2 shortened seasons. Not bad at all. Good third liner.
no.. he's really not. if he's not playing UP in the lineup, expect very little from him

total passenger, gets knocked off the puck WAY too easily for a guy his size.. disapears way too often

he'll put up a really good ~2 week stretch that will just frustrate you even more

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Logan would have been waived at the end of camp and picked up for free so getting anything is better than nothing.

I would bet he doesn't meet the 30 game threshold with STL so we don't end up losing that 4th round pick.

I'm pretty sure the condition is the opposite: Ottawa gives up a 4th unless he plays 30+ games for STL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad