Confirmed with Link: Trade: Logan Brown to StLouis for Zack Sanford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
The conditional pick is hilarious.

Even St. Louis, he kids home town, is thinking “We have to hedge our bets here...”

I wish Logan nothing but the best and here’s to welcoming Zach to the lineup. Sanford will be a DJ favourite in no time. Could see him going off like Connor. (McDavid or Brown)

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Even St. Louis, he kids home town, is thinking “We have to hedge our bets here...”

I wish Logan nothing but the best and here’s to welcoming Zach to the lineup. Sanford will be a DJ favourite in no time. Could see him going off like Connor. (McDavid or Brown)
They aren't hedging bets, they literally get an extra pick if they play him, that's the opposite of hedging bets.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

I'm not sure we should be expecting him to turn into one of the two best players in the NHL. ;)

Reactions: Que

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I thought I read the pick is removed if Logan Brown plays 30 games. Double check time...
St. Lousi has the pick removed, Sens has it added. Sens had the wrong communication

Sens Release
OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators announced today that the team has acquired forward Zach Sanford from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for forward Logan Brown and a conditional fourth-round draft pick in 2022. The condition will be met should Brown play in a minimum of 30 regular-season games for St. Louis in 2021-22.

St. Louis release
"The conditional draft pick is removed from the deal if Brown plays more than 30 NHL games this season."

Sens are giving the pick if he doesn't play 30 games, their press release just doesn't specify that

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
St. Lousi has the pick removed, Sens has it added. Sens had the wrong communication

Sens Release
OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators announced today that the team has acquired forward Zach Sanford from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for forward Logan Brown and a conditional fourth-round draft pick in 2022. The condition will be met should Brown play in a minimum of 30 regular-season games for St. Louis in 2021-22.

St. Louis release
"The conditional draft pick is removed from the deal if Brown plays more than 30 NHL games this season."

Sens are giving the pick if he doesn't play 30 games, their press release just doesn't specify that

That makes sense

Reactions: Icelevel

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Lanky forward with good hands and a decent shot. Gets knocked off the puck pretty easily, but has talent.

Good question.

He's either a mid line PF who can score 15ish goals and 30ish points OR he's bambi on ice and doesn't belong in the NHL.
And there's really no middle ground to be found there.

A kid with lots of upside (hands, body), but he needs to believe in himself and get his head right.

Some input from STL fans after I asked about Sanford. Sound like a Brady replacement.

Reactions: derriko

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
My guess is that St Louis might not be that good this yr & L. Brown could get in 30 games over the course of an 82 games schedule giving them that 4th rd pick which really isn't that big a deal especially this yr when the Sens have plenty of picks.

IMO this also answers the question of that one open spot that they need to fill in training camp & it's much more likely now that Sanford fills that spot. This makes Ottawa that much bigger & tougher too. This could also spell the end for Sabourin not making the team unless they need him in Belleville & he is willing to go there. Good luck Logan, you will need it.

Now can they move Tierny soon?

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - Pinto - C. Brown
Paul - White - Sanford
Formenton - Tierny - Watson

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
2016 11th overall pick wasted time to trade him was 2 years ago. I was for it tho at the time the scouting staff doesn’t make a lot of boom bust picks , still looks bad

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison

Sens Release

St. Louis release

Yeah I just read the Friedman tweets saying it was removed if he played 30 games. It’s vague and doesn’t reference either the pick or the condition, thought it was the pick as that makes sense, not the condition.

But we’re dealing with Ottawa here.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Looks to me like we added an NHL player and got a little deeper at the NHL level

Watching that scrimmage earlier and Brown not exactly giving it, makes me wonder if he knew he was on the verge of being traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad