News Article: Trade in works for Flyers?

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I doubt COL would move him, but I could see Homer trying to bring Downie back. Downie is good in the corners and "hard working players who win puck battles" is the flavor of the month in the organization.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I think giving up McGinn is the hard part. He is gritty and skilled enough to score 20-25 goals on a regular basis. But Avs might be ready to sacrifice him to upgrade on D. I wouldn't swap him for Talbot, even do I would love to add Max.
Haven't followed Avs' camp but where is Duncan Siemans? Flyers liked him over Hamilton if Couturier had not slipped.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think he's somewhere in between mediocre and bad and nowhere near as good as some on this board think he is. He has played well for short streaks but has shown no ability to maintain it for more than a couple weeks.

We'll know soon enough, because the Flyers generally don't sit around and wait for marginal players to become good. They see what they want to see and move on eventually.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Haven't followed Avs' camp but where is Duncan Siemans? Flyers liked him over Hamilton if Couturier had not slipped.

Roy didnt even give him a pre-season game. He is going to be interesting to follow in the AHL this season but seems like he hasn't developed as much as they thought when they took him 11th overall.

JayB

May 30, 2012
If the trade is with Avs my only target could be bringing Downie back. Secondary options is McGinn+Siemens duo..

What Downie could take?

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
If the trade is with Avs my only target could be bringing Downie back. Secondary options is McGinn+Siemens duo..

What Downie could take?

Avs fans on main board saying Coburn. They said the same about McGinn. No deal to be made outside of something around Mez IMO.

JayB

May 30, 2012
I could send our first and Mezzy for Downie. I think we are going all in this season and bringing defender like Phaneuff next summer in with big money.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I could send our first and Mezzy for Downie. I think we are going all in this season and bringing defender like Phaneuff next summer in with big money.

I don't think you use a 1st round pick to upgrade your bottom six--at least not with a team with this many question marks.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
mesz for downie seems like a december deal. with the flyers under the cap its something to look at and see how both guys do coming back from injury. downie is a banger and once those guys get hurt thier game shifts with downies attitude i can see him reinjuring himself rather quickly. meszaros is coming off an injury but mitchell is tweeting his own horn being mentioned in a deal with mesz who when healthy is just plain better.

SchennSational1022*

I keep seeing this and it's not that I don't believe you, I do in fact remember seeing proof of it somewhere, just wondering where was this confirmed?

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
You have to beleive that their is another bottom 6 player coming and Rosey will be the extra fwd.

I would like to believe it. But I would even keep Akeson over Rosewaste.

Carchidi:
I'm told the odds are LESS than 50/50 that #Flyers will make a deal before rosters have to be submitted on Monday at 5.
6:07pm - 28 Sep 13

So a trade any minute then?

SchennSational1022*

If you actually think about it, Rosehill was gonna play against Toronto regardless. They are always trying to start ****. Need Rosehill in the lineup against those guys.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull 1h
#Flyers have not had any talks with #Avs for Nixon aide, uh, Colorado forward John Mitchell.

Take that for what it's worth...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad