Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Tampa can likely move a lot of salary in a deal like that, possibly even move Sergachev to avoid needing to give him a raise. That’s the idea behind the third team being involved anyway, because Ottawa doesn’t want to take a lot of salary back.

It’s tricky, that’s why nothing has happened yet.

Problem is Callahan, Johnson, Killorn, Girardi and Coburn all have NTC's or modified NTC's.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Problem is Callahan, Johnson, Killorn, Girardi and Coburn all have NTC's or modified NTC's.

Yeah that’s another reason they’re caught up on looking for a third team.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
What is everyones thoughts these days? Do you think the Wild still make a trade sometime this summer or is this our team we start season with?

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
9.5? I can see it, but was thinking more around 7-8 million.
If he signed anywhere below $9 it would've been a bargain.

He's 2nd in points over the past two seasons and 3rd in Goals.

Edit: He's also 2nd in playoff points since 2014-2015 (his first full season in the NHL).

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
What is everyones thoughts these days? Do you think the Wild still make a trade sometime this summer or is this our team we start season with?
It seems like more people are starting to believe this could be the team we start with. It may not be the worst thing in the world for the new GM to see what he's working with before doing anything drastic, especially if he's not getting offers he sees as sufficient. It seems like if anything happens, though, it's Zucker or Nino who goes.

Still a lot of summer, but the odds of a trade are dropping. I think after Karlsson and Patches get moved, we'll find out pretty quickly whether or not there are any serious trade talks involving the Wild.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
9.5? I can see it, but was thinking more around 7-8 million.

7-8 Million for a player of Kucherov's caliber?

what-year-is-it.jpg

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think this is it. Fenton probably wants to see how this team will do, then make changes next year based on what he has seen. Same 'ol, same 'ol.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I like the $3.3m x 2 bridge deal Mantha signed with Det.
Good deal for a guy who looks to be coming into his own. I think he'll get close to 20mins/game this coming season on Larkin's wing. I'd say he's a safe candidate for a 30+30 season.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Good deal for a guy who looks to be coming into his own. I think he'll get close to 20mins/game this coming season on Larkin's wing. I'd say he's a safe candidate for a 30+30 season.

I don't think he'll be a 20 mins a game player. He doesn't PK and it's hard to get to the 20 min mark without being on both the PP and PK.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
We'll see if there's another flurry once guys like Karlsson and (presumably) Faulk move, but it wouldn't surprise me to see us go into the season with what we've got. Fenton's clearly not going to force a trade that isn't there, which is a good thing. I don't doubt that he'll keep working at it though.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
7-8 Million for a player of Kucherov's caliber?

what-year-is-it.jpg

A year where the cap finally went up, but it took how long to actually move? And then the CBA is expiring in a year or so...

What do you think the salary cap is right now?

around 80 million. (well 75 million). They also have three guys now that take up more than 30% of their cap in Kucherov (11.95), Stamkos (11.64), and Hedman (10.79). So, that's 34.38% of their cap. Then you have Palat taking up 7.07% of their cap, 41.45% and then Tyler Johnson at 6.67 and you're almost at 50% of the cap taken up by those five players. Numbers matter here for Tampa.

But that also means there is a good chance a good player will be up for trade.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
around 80 million. (well 75 million). They also have three guys now that take up more than 30% of their cap in Kucherov (11.95), Stamkos (11.64), and Hedman (10.79). So, that's 34.38% of their cap. Then you have Palat taking up 7.07% of their cap, 41.45% and then Tyler Johnson at 6.67 and you're almost at 50% of the cap taken up by those five players. Numbers matter here for Tampa.

But that also means there is a good chance a good player will be up for trade.

They can give Girardi's and Coburn's money to Point after the season (or bridge him) and have ~$7 million plus whatever the cap increases by to fill out the bottom of their roster. JT Miller is very moveable if necessary, and 1 year of Callahan can moved if the right sweetener is involved.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think once a lot of the RFA players are locked up, and teams know their certain costs, another trade window opens in August.

Right now, I think most of the focus is getting down to getting all the RFA deals done though to avoid arbitration.

Remember, Fletcher did quite a few August trades over the years.

Mancini79

Jul 4, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Same ****show different year, but we are getting worse.

Can't really argue that in terms of age and speed, but if this roster is predominantly healthy (maybe Suter, Kunin don't start on time) this season I don't think we'll be any worse off than last year. You can bet guys like Koivu, Coyle, Nino and even Foligno will be desperate to rebound as well. I think Staal still potts 35 goals minimum. Parise, same. Nino hits 29 because his top personal goal is a 30 goal season lol. If not traded or locked up long term Zucker could hit 40/30 playing for a big UFA deal (Vegas).

Points wise I believe Coyle hits 60+, Koivu 50+ centering the 3rd. Can Foligno stay in the lineup and put up SOMETHING worth his deal? He looked good towards the end. Does Greenway hit 20 goals after a stint in Iowa...... as a Center?! Who knows? Fenton has to see this team in action before pulling the trigger on any non no-brainer deals that miraculously get us that young, legit top six or potential #1C center. The Blues got better in the Central. What if Dallas lands Karlsson? I think a move(s) will be made this summer, but more likely the deadline.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think once a lot of the RFA players are locked up, and teams know their certain costs, another trade window opens in August.

Right now, I think most of the focus is getting down to getting all the RFA deals done though to avoid arbitration.

Remember, Fletcher did quite a few August trades over the years.

No he didn't. Shepard for a 3rd: August 7, 2011 is the only Aug trade he made.

Between July 1st and Nov 1st GMCF made these trades:
- October 18, 2009: Kobasew for Weller + 2nd + Fallstrom (rights)
- July 3, 2011: Heatley for Havlet
- August 7, 2011: Shepard for a 3rd
- October 12, 2011: Nystrom for future considerations
- July 5, 2013: Setoguchi for a 2nd

A list of all of GMCF's trades.
History of hockey trades by general manager Chuck Fletcher - NHL Trade Tracker

GMCF's first trade ever has an interesting tree attached to it: 12oa (CDH) for 16oa (Leddy) + 77 oa (Hackett) + 181 oa (Haula)
- Barker for Leddy (ends there)
- Hackett as part of the 1st Pommer trade (that's big tree of it's own)
- Haula to Vegas (expansion draft, not technically a trade but he's a part of the Tuch for a 3rd imo).

Edit: I forgot to note I left out the strike year that may have had before the short season started and after the lockout ended. It was a weird situation and I don't remember the timeline for all of that year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad