Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Haven't there been rumors about Bjugstad for a while now? Also his numbers seem similar to Coyle's, though he's been banged up a bit more.
I can’t recall. He is a right handed player. Can play center as well as wing I believe? Might be worth it.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
How can you look at the Colorado Avalanche and think that their issue is that they tanked, instead of their choices regarding who they draft, who was their coach, how they develop, and how they re-sign their players?

Colorado would be a juggernaut if they had some decent decision making and execution.

This highlights the real concern with tanking: lack of trust in management. If one has faith in their management, they would obviously love a bunch of high draft picks for their team and would be confident that a sharp upward trajectory would result.

If one does not, then tanking brings fear and worry about bad decision makers making mistakes with greater consequences. It is better to paddle around in the safety of mediocrity.

I wasn't talking about the Avalanche specifically. Just the idea that having the wrong pick in the wrong year is a realistic possibility. And when some people on here are talking about making a conscious decision to take a 100 point playoff team and turn it into a bottom 3 or 5 or whatever team, there are outside forces that might prevent you from popping back up to better spot in a couple years. It could happen in a year or two or it could take 10.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Anyone listen to KFAN this morning? Apparently there are rumors about Bjugstad?

If it's Zucker for Bjugstad (base deal) blame me. I was on capfriendly the other day asking about what what would get added to the trade to even it out.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
One of us. One of us.

Bjugstad finally had a healthy season. Not sure that I really want him, but he'd fill a hole in the middle-6. $4.1x3 is his contract. Lots of injuries is a big red flag.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Bjugstad is definitely not worth Zucker 1 for 1. I'd definitely want something added by FLA, someone like Mascherin or Mamin or a 2nd.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Just listened to it on demand. Absolutely nothing story. Hankinson even said that Tallon told him that there's no chance that Bjugstad gets traded.

Isn't that usually GM speak for he'll be gone by next week Tuesday? :huh:

I don't see Bjugstad being in the untouchable category for FLA. If it were Trocheck, Barkov, Huberdeau, and Ekblad I'd agree with the no chance of being traded.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Bjugstad's agent, Hankinson, is the one starting the rumors about him.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Unless Bjugstad wants out of FLA that seems like a very odd thing to do. It's not a contract year or anything. :dunno:

Agreed. Also goes against the grain where most of these guys haven't wanted to come home and play. Always seems like in their waning years they elect to come back and retire in Minnesota, not when they could still be extremely relevant.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver

I would imagine this takes them out of the Karlsson sweepstakes considering they are gonna be really close to the cap for a couple years. Unless Yzerman is able to move large salaries.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
It sounds like Lightning fans think it can still happen, but that would be a lot of money for Stamkos/Karlsson/Kucherov.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well TB will have ~$53m tied up in 8 players long term next season; Point, Sergachev, and Vasilevskiy are going to need raises within the next 2 off-seasons; so EK could work. But if the cap doesn't raise like it's projected to do they will be in Blackhawks type of cap hell.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Tampa can likely move a lot of salary in a deal like that, possibly even move Sergachev to avoid needing to give him a raise. That’s the idea behind the third team being involved anyway, because Ottawa doesn’t want to take a lot of salary back.

It’s tricky, that’s why nothing has happened yet.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Well TB will have ~$53m tied up in 8 players long term next season; Point, Sergachev, and Vasilevskiy are going to need raises within the next 2 off-seasons; so EK could work. But if the cap doesn't raise like it's projected to do they will be in Blackhawks type of cap hell.

Didn't expect Kucherov to get that much money, damn! Point is going to need a significant raise as well, like around 4-6 million a year. Sergachev and Vasilevskiy, I don't even know, but it might be hefty.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Didn't expect Kucherov to get that much money, damn! Point is going to need a significant raise as well, like around 4-6 million a year. Sergachev and Vasilevskiy, I don't even know, but it might be hefty.

He’s been at 1.2ppg (98.5 points in a full season) for the last two years and you didn’t expect him to be paid only 9.5M?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad