Status
Not open for further replies.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, Olofsson is one of those " what if?" Players, to me. Can't stay healthy.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Olofsson needed a good camp to push Seeler back to the AHL. Getting injured early in the pre-season doesn't count as a good camp. Waive, pressbox, or trade him doesn't really matter to me. I just don't want to see Olofsson/Seeler turn into another Olofsson/Reilly: play a few games and then get benched so the other guy gets ice time. It wasn't good for either player last year.

I still think Olofsson can be a decent 3rd pairing d-man, just not in MN. He needs a new start somewhere.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
He will end up being waived. If he clears, and he should, somebody might be willing to give up a 4thish round pick for him.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Why would a team not take him for free, and then decided to give up a pick?
Because he needs to be in the AHL. Once he clears waivers, teams can trade for him and send him down. Nobody is going to trade for him and then waive him, and I don't see anybody actually playing him in the NHL right away.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Lazar hit waivers today. I'd like to see MN claim him only because I enjoy watching him play.

I like him better than Brown, but I can't say if he's an upgrade or not due to personal bias. :dunno:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Lazar hit waivers today. I'd like to see MN claim him only because I enjoy watching him play.

I like him better than Brown, but I can't say if he's an upgrade or not due to personal bias. :dunno:
Lazar is way to soft for Boudreau.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Lazar is way to soft for Boudreau.

Soft isn't a term usually used with Lazar. He plays a physical game (hence his injury issues) and competes hard every shift. He probably tries a little too hard and gets ahead of his skill level/IQ. He's not a face puncher though.

I just like watching him, dunno if he's a good fit or anything,

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Olofsson's trade value is basically future considerations based on Carrick and Jerabek deals.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
At this point it would be just to save the money with Olofsson.

Personally, I rather the team send him to Iowa for two years, but I understand if Fenton is pushing the trading route.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
making 750k in iowa hurts us more than helps doesnt it?

Make $750k and count against the cap while sitting in the NHL pressbox. Or make $750k that doesn't count against the cap and he gets playing time and makes the AHL team better. The no cap and him playing helps the team more imo.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Make $750k and count against the cap while sitting in the NHL pressbox. Or make $750k that doesn't count against the cap and he gets playing time and makes the AHL team better. The no cap and him playing helps the team more imo.

true true. probably could of used that that past few years but on a one way contract does he have to clear waivers still?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
true true. probably could of used that that past few years but on a one way contract does he have to clear waivers still?

The one-way/two-way contacts don't matter for waivers, it only matters for how much money the club spends in real money. Once a player gets past his waivers exemption (usually the ELC) a player needs waivers for the rest of his career.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It's not like the Wild are swimming in LHD prospects. Olofsson could take a year or two to re-establish his game in Iowa and press for a spot after that.

I don't think Olofsson has more than this year (to find his game) left with the Wild. They'll still have his RFA rights, but he could be a cut bait and let him try somewhere else guy. GMPF seems to be clearing out a lot of GMCF's guys.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Doesn't surprise me that he had no takers in a trade, but now if he's cleared waivers by tomorrow, it may increase trade talks. Other teams could pick him up for cheap and stash him in the minors if they so choose.

Unless he's claimed of course, which I doubt happens.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Kunin on placed SOIR. It means nothing as far as the roster goes, but it does count as ~$343k towards the Wild's cap. After Olofsson is sent down the Wild will be ~$2.15m below the cap.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2