Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Stone re-signed for 1 year in the mid-7s.
Stone obviously wants out, and any trade partners can't sign an extension until Jan 1st. Ottawa is going to have to take what they can get. Brutal for the fans but can't really blame the guy given the management and circus act going on in Ottawa.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
next summer there could be some ufa worth signing. problem is you need cap space. who would you target and which wild players would you trade to make say 7.5 mill cap space available? list 2019 maybes HockeyBuzz.com - NHL Rumors
That's why I have been toying with the idea of trading a guy with term like Nino for a better UFA-to-be like Panarin, Stone, etc. Even if that player walks, the Wild would be in position to grab somebody of the same caliber.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
That's why I have been toying with the idea of trading a guy with term like Nino for a better UFA-to-be like Panarin, Stone, etc. Even if that player walks, the Wild would be in position to grab somebody of the same caliber.

Assuming they don't all re-sign. I think there are a lot of summers where the next one looks really good, but by the time you get to December/January, it shrinks up pretty good.

Reactions: Rabid Husky

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Assuming they don't all re-sign. I think there are a lot of summers where the next one looks really good, but by the time you get to December/January, it shrinks up pretty good.
Would be surprised at this point if Panarin or Stone re-sign. I think Seguin and to a lesser extent Duchene just watched Tavares and is going to want a similar opportunity. Pavelski, Patches, and Wheeler are going to want one last big contract.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Would be surprised at this point if Panarin or Stone re-sign. I think Seguin and to a lesser extent Duchene just watched Tavares and is going to want a similar opportunity. Pavelski, Patches, and Wheeler are going to want one last big contract.

Stone, yes. Duchene, yes. Product of the Ottawa tire fire. Panarin and Seguin I would not be surprised at all.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Disappointed we weren’t in on Skinner despite him being another left handed player.

I know. f***. Maybe we inquired, but he wouldn't waive for us for some reason. I find it really odd he waived for Buffalo.

Feel like we could've easily beat that offer. I think an issue we would've ran into would've been sending out a forward prospect. If we drafted one this year, I would've sent that dude + 1st/2nd and I think it would've easily been enough. Carolina has no needs for defense, so we couldn't have made a package like Olofsson + 1st/2nd. Would've had to been somebody like EK, Kunin, or Greenway, which I would not have been comfortable adding a pick with in exchange for 1 year of a UFA.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I know. ****. Maybe we inquired, but he wouldn't waive for us for some reason. I find it really odd he waived for Buffalo.

Feel like we could've easily beat that offer. I think an issue we would've ran into would've been sending out a forward prospect. If we drafted one this year, I would've sent that dude + 1st/2nd and I think it would've easily been enough. Carolina has no needs for defense, so we couldn't have made a package like Olofsson + 1st/2nd. Would've had to been somebody like EK, Kunin, or Greenway, which I would not have been comfortable adding a pick with in exchange for 1 year of a UFA.
How are you fitting Skinner under the cap if all you're sending to the Canes are futures?

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
How are you fitting Skinner under the cap if all you're sending to the Canes are futures?

True. Didn't realize he was on a ~$6M deal. Probably could throw Foligno in the deal. Then you'd need to shed about $1M in space, which would require you rolling with only 21 roster players or we'd have to move one of Nino, Coyle, or Zucker. I'd be okay with Coyle heading out in this scenario if we weren't so damn short on RW. Not sure about Nino or Zucker.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I think Skinner waived for Buffalo because playing on Eichel's wing is going to net him bigger money on his next deal. He put up 37g with Derek Ryan as his center. I think he can put career numbers with Eichel.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's interesting how once Skinner is traded, all the CAR fans come out with all his warts, whereas pre-trade he walked on water, for the most part. And they are one of the sanest groups here on HFB.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's interesting how once Skinner is traded, all the CAR fans come out with all his warts, whereas pre-trade he walked on water, for the most part. And they are one of the sanest groups here on HFB.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im sure many of us threw daggers at gabby when he walked so i cant blame them for ripping.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
im sure many of us threw daggers at gabby when he walked so i cant blame them for ripping.
Little bit different. One walked as an UFA. The other was traded. Gaborik is still my favorite all time player. Speedy, game breaker. Sure could use one of those to play right wing.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Who would Skinner have started over on the Wild?

Not Zucker on the first line. Zucker is faster, better defensively, and he scores just as much.

Not Parise on the 2nd line. Parise is grittier, better puck protector, better defensively, and they both have injury issues and are comparably productive when healthy.

Not Nino or Greenway on the third line. Both are bigger, better skaters, and can maintain possession well, not to mention be matchup against offensive lines on the other team.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Not Zucker on the first line. Zucker is faster, better defensively, and he scores just as much.

Not Parise on the 2nd line. Parise is grittier, better puck protector, better defensively, and they both have injury issues and are comparably productive when healthy.

Not Nino or Greenway on the third line. Both are bigger, better skaters, and can maintain possession well, not to mention be matchup against offensive lines on the other team.
Skinner would've instantly been the best LW on the roster

Reactions: SomethingGeneric

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad