Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Would something around 12th overall be of fair value?

You mean Zibanejad and the pick? I think the Wild take that in a heartbeat. I can't see them trading Brodin for just a pick at all, but they kind of need to move out some salary and a defenseman in exchange for a young center.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I thought that Suter had a so-so game last night, losing pucks, getting caught holding the puck, and having bad passes( though some of our forwards were AWFUL at catching passes). Yet in spite of that, he had two assists. He is the best player on our team....MK was the best for the first couple of months, I thought.

He is a top 10 Dman in the league. His D for the most part, is rock steady.

I just know he can be better with more rest. I've seen it.

Weren't two of the Wild's goals a direct result of his wobbly wrister bouncing in off of other guys? I guess I wouldn't mind his offensive game as much if that happened more often ;)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
For all the hate on Suter, he is a VERY VERY good dman and will be good for many years. His offense isn't that great but the guy is a freaking workhorse and does so much for this team.

Plus he has a massive amount of playoff experience. While he's not a top 10, he is still one hell of a #1 dman that Detroit would want.

Having said that, the idea of trading Parise or Suter is dumb and is in no way entertained by the Wild management.

Weren't two of the Wild's goals a direct result of his wobbly wrister bouncing in off of other guys? I guess I wouldn't mind his offensive game as much if that happened more often ;)

Schroeder's goal was a rebound off Suter's hypno wrister, and Koivu's last goal came off another awesome Suter blast.

Suter gets all sorts of criticism, but we must never forget just how good he is.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Schroeder's goal was a rebound off Suter's hypno wrister, and Koivu's last goal came off another awesome Suter blast.

Suter gets all sorts of criticism, but we must never forget just how good he is.

Oh, I agree. He can be infuriating at times, but so can everyone else. Even if he DIDN'T just have a career year in points (he did), his defensive game is a great asset in and of itself.

But if only he could ****ing self-limit to 25 minutes a game ;)

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
After these playoffs, we'd be crazy to trade Brodin and go with Dumba.

Trade Dumba for Drouin. Play Reilly-Folin as the bottom pair.

Eye Floater

Feb 3, 2009
USA
After these playoffs, we'd be crazy to trade Brodin and go with Dumba.

Trade Dumba for Drouin. Play Reilly-Folin as the bottom pair.

Agree 100%. Hopefully Dumba is the odd man out. Brodin has been so good this series. His offense will most likely be somewhat limited his whole career, but Dumba could only dream of Brodin's poise with the puck, breakout passes, defensive ability, and his mind for the game. Brodin has been a stud since he first laced it up with the Wild, while Dumba has really only shown that he has a great one-timer.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
would rather be logical put back the normal pairings........

suter - brodin

scandy - spurg

WAY better....... butt suter didn't get his points......

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Dumba for Drouin. Add a little if needed. I still think they'd take it if we added Pominville for Carle's contract basically. He can be the 6th/7th D next season and then be bought out.

Zucker for Rieder. I think it makes sense for both teams.

Then go hard after Reinhart with Brodin + something we surely would not be very happy to give up. Tuch perhaps.

Start with:
Parise-Koivu-Granlund
Rieder-Reinhart-Coyle
Drouin-Haula-Nino
xx-Graovac-xx
Vanek

Suter-Spurgeon
Scandella-Folin
Reilly-Olofsson
Carle

and go from there.

That forward group is beautifully balanced with three amazing two-way scoring lines. It's also loaded with tweaking possibilities. Most of the players are good to play two, some even all three, forward positions.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Dumba for Drouin. Add a little if needed. I still think they'd take it if we added Pominville for Carle's contract basically. He can be the 6th/7th D next season and then be bought out.

Zucker for Rieder. I think it makes sense for both teams.

Then go hard after Reinhart with Brodin + something we surely would not be very happy to give up. Tuch perhaps.

Start with:
Parise-Koivu-Granlund
Rieder-Reinhart-Coyle
Drouin-Haula-Nino
xx-Graovac-xx
Vanek

Suter-Spurgeon
Scandella-Folin
Reilly-Olofsson
Carle

and go from there.

That forward group is beautifully balanced with three amazing two-way scoring lines. It's also loaded with tweaking possibilities. Most of the players are good to play two, some even all three, forward positions.

Love the idea of a Zucker for Rieder change-of-scenery deal. Everything after that though, just doesn't seem very likely at all, I'm afraid.

Also, as for Brodin in general, I sometimes feel like I'm the only person around who isn't 100% sold on how great he is. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's on our team and don't *want* to trade him away for a bag of pucks or whatever, but I also notice him making plenty of boneheaded plays too, which I'm not sure why people don't call him out for more often.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I don't think it is a coincidence that Spurgeon and Sutter have had fine defensive seasons when the two of them have played exclusively with each other. Or that Scandella and Brodin have had trying years playing with the likes of Dumba, Prosser, etc.

We just need our top4 to once again become and stay our top4.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I'd love to see Brodin or Scandella for Hamonic. We would probably add a small piece.

Suter-Spurgeon
Scandella/Brodin-Hamonic
Rielly-Dumba

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
I'd like to see MIN trade for EDM Iiro Pakarinen for our bottom 6. He's big and has a cannon of a shot :nod: Don't know the value though.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Some ideas I've been spinning the past few days.

Scandella for Galchenyuk

Brodin+Zucker for BUF 1st+Fasching

Kuemper for highest available pick

Buyout Vanek if interested in FA D.

Granlund-Koivu-Coyle
Parise-Galchenyuk-Fasching
Nino-Haula-Pominville
Vanek(or UFA btm 6)/Carter/Graovac/Porter

Suter-Spurgeon
Olofsson-Dumba
Reilly-Folin
UFA D(either LHD or RHD depending on availability)

Dubnyk
Iowa G

After this, Tuch is up the next season and JEE is up when Koivu is on his last year. Greenway in 3 years. Belpedio in 2-3 years.

Draft Keller with BUF 1st and Mcavoy with MIN 1st.

Laberge in 2nd if Kuemper fetches early 2nd rd pick.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd love to see Brodin or Scandella for Hamonic. We would probably add a small piece.

Suter-Spurgeon
Scandella/Brodin-Hamonic
Rielly-Dumba

Weird, lateral move. Especially for a team that needs forwards, not more Dmen

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Some ideas I've been spinning the past few days.

Scandella for Galchenyuk

Brodin+Zucker for BUF 1st+Fasching

Kuemper for highest available pick

Buyout Vanek if interested in FA D.

Granlund-Koivu-Coyle
Parise-Galchenyuk-Fasching
Nino-Haula-Pominville
Vanek(or UFA btm 6)/Carter/Graovac/Porter

Suter-Spurgeon
Olofsson-Dumba
Reilly-Folin
UFA D(either LHD or RHD depending on availability)

Dubnyk
Iowa G

After this, Tuch is up the next season and JEE is up when Koivu is on his last year. Greenway in 3 years. Belpedio in 2-3 years.

Draft Keller with BUF 1st and Mcavoy with MIN 1st.

Laberge in 2nd if Kuemper fetches early 2nd rd pick.

Not really sure why BUF would do that, nor how Brodin would get their #1 pick (assuming Zucker-for-Fasching is a wash). I don't disagree that there's a deal to be made with them, necessarily, but I'm not sure that's the one.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Don't see buffalo trading fasching. I could do ottawas 12 + zibanajad for Brodin+. But Buffalo or Arizonas picks would be much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad