Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
That cannot happen. If the Stars win a cup in the next handful of years before we do I will be so ****ing pissed. Fletcher era will be a failure.

How does Dallas' success affect Fletcher's tenure as the Wild's GM? Because the North Stars connection?

Fall of '93 - North Stars move to Dallas.

Summer of '97 - Wild established.

Spring of '09 - Fletcher hired.

Blame... Fletcher? :huh:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
How does Dallas' success affect Fletcher's tenure as the Wild's GM? Because the North Stars connection?

Fall of '93 - North Stars move to Dallas.

Summer of '97 - Wild established.

Spring of '09 - Fletcher hired.

Blame... Fletcher? :huh:
The Wild as a franchise were established in '97, but they didn't get their first roster until 2000.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I've asked this in every RyJo thread topic and nobody has answered. His MINIMUM for qualifying offer is $6M after next season. Minimum. If we give up Brodin/Granlund/etc. that won't be the only thing we lose in 1.5 years. He will fetch more than the $6M. How do we afford that? I hope we can cause he is a solid player and one that bolsters the center depth but the cost up front isn't the only one. We have to keep that in mind.

Brodin and Granlund would be off the books, for starters. Granlund would also be looking for a payday around that time. Vanek would also be off the books. So, that three there is 13-14M, maybe more. If RyJo is all that you make it happen.

Vanek two years from now might be great, but I'm guessing not so much. We could live without him. Granlund would be redundant. Brodin would be the one we'd miss.

I'd be lying if I knew what kind of player Johansen is. Looking at points doesn't tell you much. Does he cheat on defense? Most offensive players do. Does he clutch up in tight games, or score hat tricks against cellar dwellers? Don't know. I do like his size. Can he skate?

JoCro11

Nov 30, 2015
I've asked this in every RyJo thread topic and nobody has answered. His MINIMUM for qualifying offer is $6M after next season. Minimum. If we give up Brodin/Granlund/etc. that won't be the only thing we lose in 1.5 years. He will fetch more than the $6M. How do we afford that? I hope we can cause he is a solid player and one that bolsters the center depth but the cost up front isn't the only one. We have to keep that in mind.
Regardless of who we trade, Backstrom off the books and Pominville probably gone in the summer. By the time it would come to pay him, we would have the space to make it happen. Vanek could be moved as well, depending on prospect development, as you would have to replace his natural scoring touch. If Fletcher wanted it, he could make it happen.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
The Avs had great D?

No, the Avs had a negative shot differential, they had a high PDO and they had one goalie that had a .927 SV% that was carrying their team.

The Stars however have a positive shot differential, their PDO is right where it's expected to be and they have two goalies with a 16/11 split, with a .908/.921 SV%, respectively. Dallas is less likely to be getting lucky like the Avs were, and their team defense is statistically better (Avs also were in the bottom 5 for Corsi for % in 2013-14, while Dallas is #6 now).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't see it being easy trading Poms unless the Cap goes up a good bit. His numbers aren't good right now, but they aren't terrible.... I do think having him on the second PP is a good idea.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Brodin and Granlund would be off the books, for starters. Granlund would also be looking for a payday around that time. Vanek would also be off the books. So, that three there is 13-14M, maybe more. If RyJo is all that you make it happen.

Vanek two years from now might be great, but I'm guessing not so much. We could live without him. Granlund would be redundant. Brodin would be the one we'd miss.

I'd be lying if I knew what kind of player Johansen is. Looking at points doesn't tell you much. Does he cheat on defense? Most offensive players do. Does he clutch up in tight games, or score hat tricks against cellar dwellers? Don't know. I do like his size. Can he skate?

big body, elite hands, decent skating, good hockey sense. hed be a 1c on most teams

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota

Are we keeping Spurgeon/Zuckstar?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

We could actually give him ~$8M per year pretty easily, without losing anybody else. The problem is, we'd probably have to rely 100% on internal solutions to rebuild the defense (Dumba, Olofsson, Folin, Reilly), and while it is certainly possible that it could work, it's not without risk.

JoCro11

Nov 30, 2015
Brodin if you accelerate Oloffson, Granlund if you like Coyle at Center for now; not both. I wouldn't deal a good offensive prospect (we have too few), but I would deal multiple defensive that aren't Oloffson/Reilly. Pick wise either a 2016 1st or a combo.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Brodin AND Granlund is overpayment.

Exactly. Seriously underrating Granlund and seriously overrating Johansen.

I watched RyJo closely against FLA and the guy seems to play C like a winger. He's good alright and young but something is off. I can't right put my finger on it, need to watch another game. Probably his reading of the play defensively.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
well if and that's a big if we are going for RNH or Johannsen

brodin+granlund is out of the question obviously as the difference between granlund and either of the two is not worth Brodin. Grany + Dumba + may be a deal but unlikely. I wouldn't wager a 1st rd pick on RHN or Johannsen as a filler either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad