Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Nope. Granlund would have to go back also, which i'm good with. I'm just not good with sending any of our top4 D away right now.

We struggle when only one is out. Imagine if we do a trade, then their is an injury and we only have two top 4D playing?

Tha past losing streak when Scanny was out was instructive. No trading top 4 D, thank you.

It's not like we couldn't trade to get Hamonic or any other defensemen who may be available.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's not like we couldn't trade to get Hamonic or any other defensemen who may be available.

Trade who? Get who?

NYI want a Dman coming back.

Not just any Dman, but a legit top 4. Who?

Way easier said than done.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Trade who? Get who?

NYI want a Dman coming back.

Not just any Dman, but a legit top 4. Who?

Way easier said than done.

That's for management to figure out. Doesn't have to be Hamonic. Serviceable defenseman can be had in this league. This team needs to acquire a game breaker on offense, we all know this.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
So let them take their pick between Brodin/Granlund + Tuch/JEE and add in a 2016 1st. You'd be good with that?

NOOOOOO!!

First off, they would take Brodin. If we get RyJo coming back, we don't need Granlund as a 3C, so send him to CBJ, maybe Lucia or a second. That's it. I can see CBJ living with that if they are truly disenchanted with Johansen.

And I'm still not sure I like it. From the sounds of things, Johansen might not buy nto the whole "defense" thing that Yeo preaches to his C's.

And we already know that losing Brodin would hurt us in the back end. I don't know about you, but I'm not ready for Dumba being in our top4, and the world isn't ready for Prosser being there.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
This team needs to acquire a game breaker on offense, we all know this.

I don't know this. We are scoring just fine. Vanek is back, baby, and so is Koivu! Parise has just come back and will get going. Zucker is good for some popup front, and even our tiny, perfect center MiG has 15 points... not bad. Spurge and Suter are scoring from the back end.

We are getting scored on more than ever. We need to get that fixed more than we need scoring. RyJo has a rep of being a lazy defensive player.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
I don't know this. We are scoring just fine. Vanek is back, baby, and so is Koivu! Parise has just come back and will get going. Zucker is good for some popup front, and even our tiny, perfect center MiG has 15 points... not bad. Spurge and Suter are scoring from the back end.

We are getting scored on more than ever. We need to get that fixed more than we need scoring. RyJo has a rep of being a lazy defensive player.

Near dead last in league in SF per game, our scoring is unsustainable by that metric alone. Just because we barely beat Chicago doesn't mean we're fine. Have you been watching this team? They are awful right now. I'm all for more watchable hockey.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

if a player with his offensive ability is available for a decent price, you make that trade 95/100 times. period.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
if a player with his offensive ability is available for a decent price, you make that trade 95/100 times. period.

Johansen is absolutely better than anything we have at center. Koivu's pace is unsustainable. Granlund looks awful this year. Will Graovac be good? We don't have time to wait, we need to WIN now before Parise/Suter/Koivu/Vanek take big dives like Poms has this year.

TJL48

Nov 30, 2011
St. Paul
And we were 13th last year in shots a game last year. We are close to last because we have played like crap the last 10 games. I'd say our shots per game rank is more unsustainable than our goals per game.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Near dead last in league in SF per game, our scoring is unsustainable by that metric alone. Just because we barely beat Chicago doesn't mean we're fine. Have you been watching this team? They are awful right now. I'm all for more watchable hockey.

Yes but I wouldn't be surprised if the Wild SF per game goes up with everybody being healthy. Against Chicago they had 36 sog and had 64 shot attempts that's a start in the right direction.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Johansen is absolutely better than anything we have at center. Koivu's pace is unsustainable. Granlund looks awful this year. Will Graovac be good? We don't have time to wait, we need to WIN now before Parise/Suter/Koivu/Vanek take big dives like Poms has this year.

Adding Johansen and subtracting a top 4 defender isn't likely to improve anything. We might score more, but we'll give up more.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Adding Johansen and subtracting a top 4 defender isn't likely to improve anything. We might score more, but we'll give up more.

Agreed we would more than likely take a hit THIS year on D! But I think for the long term it would be a must deal for this Franchise

Billy Mays Here*

That's what people said about Dallas, that they're defense isn't good enough. They seem to be doing just fine.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Agreed we would more than likely take a hit THIS year on D! But I think for the long term it would be a must deal for this Franchise

You'd take the hit on D every year until it was fixed.

That's what people said about Dallas, that they're defense isn't good enough. They seem to be doing just fine.

So I guess what works for Dallas will work the exact same for every team? I'm not sure what you're getting at.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
You'd take the hit on D every year until it was fixed.

So I guess what works for Dallas will work the exact same for every team? I'm not sure what you're getting at.

you get Olofson up here now and play him the rest of the year to get experience then like I said it would take a hit this year

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

I seem to remember this same scenario happening with the Avs. They had a stellar offense and weak defense. They were really good one year, where are they now?

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I seem to remember this same scenario happening with the Avs. They had a stellar offense and weak defense. They were really good one year, where are they now?

The Avs had a negative shot differential, and Varly posted a .927 SV% and was robbing games for them, PDO was high at 101.8

The stars are out-shooting their opponents, their goalies have a 16/11 split with .908 and .921 SV%, respectively, PDO is 100.3.

Not saying the Stars are going to continue playing as well as they are, but there's not a lot to suggest they will have an Avs-esque fall.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I do think the Stars will have a problem once Spezza and Sharp begin declining. In the meantime, they'll probably win a cup. :laugh:

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
I do think the Stars will have a problem once Spezza and Sharp begin declining. In the meantime, they'll probably win a cup. :laugh:

That cannot happen. If the Stars win a cup in the next handful of years before we do I will be so ****ing pissed. Fletcher era will be a failure.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I've asked this in every RyJo thread topic and nobody has answered. His MINIMUM for qualifying offer is $6M after next season. Minimum. If we give up Brodin/Granlund/etc. that won't be the only thing we lose in 1.5 years. He will fetch more than the $6M. How do we afford that? I hope we can cause he is a solid player and one that bolsters the center depth but the cost up front isn't the only one. We have to keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg