Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency V [Mod Warning Post #1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
It's also like saying how much money you'd spend for a night with Kate Upton. Neat and all, but it's just a fantasy so not really worth wasting much time on.

i guess i thought this was a trade ideas thread on a msg board so im sorry if its not a relevant?. i think i would giveup 2 hopefully late 1st rndrs for bjugstad. 3 years ago i would have givenup alot for sharp or vrbata but not anymore. just my one worthless cent. ps since our new draft team has had some success i would give them as many chances as possible to hit homeruns.

Killerjug

Feb 21, 2013
obviously a small sample size but I have really liked that Scandella and Spurgeon 2nd pairing for the most part during the playoffs

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Spurgie, Scanella, Suter, and Brodin are solid.

I think Brodin has been going through a sophomore slump this year as he has been kind of invisible and made some boneheaded mistakes. That's ok. All of the youngins are growing, and I would say growing in positive ways.

Stoner, while serviceable, is a liability to make a crucial mistake and take a dumb penalty at any given moment. I like his physical game, but man does he do some stupid stupid things.

Ballard and Prosser........ugh........I like Keith's ability to lay a nasty hip check, but other than that, no thanks. To streaky. Prosser is more bad than he is good.

I want a defenseman with a shot, and I mean a shot that will make people regret putting themselves in front of it to block it. Like Zids, but, more defensively sound. Dumba might be that guy, but, will he be ready next year to make that leap? He looked OK in his time playing this year, but he needs to grow. The AHL should be the perfect place to facilitate that.

Goalies.....I never fear goalies coming up through our system too much because historically the Wild have done a beautiful job drafting, training, and handling goalies. But with Backs possibly on the way out and Harding a ticking time bomb, we need to have two defined keepers on our rosters that are good. Not necessarily stellar because we have a very sound defensive group of forwards and defenseman in front of them.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Problem with trying to improve our defense is outside of a very few players in FA this year there is no one worth going for, and you don't want to rush your young guns (Dumba Olofsson Folin.)

Kinda the same situation for our goalies imo, I don't want to come into next season as Kuemper as our starter, but i don't want to spend a bunch of money on a long term contract with any of this years free agents. So do you stick with Backstrom? i mean it makes the most sense, but hes so unpredictably injury prone and if he goes down, other than Kuemper we look thin, and as sad as it is we can't count harding and need to make the final call that hes done with us.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
phaneuf would cost too much trading 4 him even though he would be a nice addition. i wouldn't giveup 4- 1st for crosby! assuming vanek & niskanen are both free agents i'd low bid vanek 6 mill x 6 if he wants to play here & 5 mill x 6 bid for niskanen. pass if they dont like it. what if the blues dump miller , do you make room & pick him up at a reasonable price?

I'm trying to figure out what the Leafs would ask for him. Can't be sure, but I'm thinking the price could be in the realm of possibility for us. If they start asking for Granlund for example, the answer will obviously be no.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I'm trying to figure out what the Leafs would ask for him. Can't be sure, but I'm thinking the price could be in the realm of possibility for us. If they start asking for Granlund for example, the answer will obviously be no.

I really really think they might be OK with something like 2014 1st, 2015 2nd and Zucker. I might be way off the value but I'm very much okay with a trade like that.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I really really think they might be OK with something like 2014 1st, 2015 2nd and Zucker. I might be way off the value but I'm very much okay with a trade like that.

I'd also be ok with that if we re-couped a 2nd rounder somewhere. That'd be three years in a row without a 2nd round pick and Fletcher is gold in the 2nd round. Maybe deal off Brodziak at the deadline for a 2nd? Too much for Brodziak? Probably...

I'm just having a hard time figuring out D-man pairings. Do we go with Suter-Brodin, Spurgeon-Phaneuf? I really don't like Spurgy and Phaneuf paired together. Do we go Suter-Spurgeon, Brodin-Phaneuf? Probably the best bet and then pair a Scandella-Folin/Stoner/Ballard on the bottom pair. Either way, adding a Phaneuf to our top 4 would be outstanding a good problem to have trying to figure out pairings. Phaneuf playing anything but #1 d-man minutes would be great and he'd be a killer on the PP.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
I've wanted Phaneuf for awhile, and I honestly think that we can afford him.

Suter-Phaneuf, or Dion can anchor his own pairing. Our defense would get a whole lot better.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I like how the Wild went with the youth up front this season, and it is paying off quite nicely.

Given that many of our top remaining prospects are defensemen, maybe it's time to do the same back there. Dumba, Folin, Olofsson, let's see what they got.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I like how the Wild went with the youth up front this season, and it is paying off quite nicely.

Given that many of our top remaining prospects are defensemen, maybe it's time to do the same back there. Dumba, Folin, Olofsson, let's see what they got.

The only one I see in the NHL next year is Folin. Olofsson and Dumba are 19. It's harder for a defenseman to step into the NHL at a young age than a forward. People were complaining about Scandella being inconsistent as a 21 year old, and now he's 24 and has been our most consistent defenseman this playoffs. Dumba and Olofsson should get at least a year in the AHL, playing top-4 minutes in all situations, instead of floundering on the bottom pairing in the NHL.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
The only one I see in the NHL next year is Folin. Olofsson and Dumba are 19. It's harder for a defenseman to step into the NHL at a young age than a forward. People were complaining about Scandella being inconsistent as a 21 year old, and now he's 24 and has been our most consistent defenseman this playoffs. Dumba and Olofsson should get at least a year in the AHL, playing top-4 minutes in all situations, instead of floundering on the bottom pairing in the NHL.

I would guess that both of them get at least two full years in the AHL. Or at least, I would hope so.

Folin I expect with the big club next year rotating on that bottom pairing with Stoner and Ballard for spots depending on match up and fatigue. I'd glady be proven wrong and see him earn a full time spot, however.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

I would definitely agree to that.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Dion has 5-6 more years in him. He'll never play at the level he played at 25-28, but he's a smarter defensemen than he was at 24.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN

it was very risky to go with so much youth however it really paid off thanks to the quality veteran leadership parise , suter , koivu & pommer. next year if we can get rockstar goaltending & improvement from our youth we could hang at the top with the heavyweights. currently we're a middleweight thats playing great.

Syan Ruter

Snusmumriken
Nov 8, 2012
Yupp, a 1st in 2014 and a 2nd in 2015 plus Zucker could potentially land us Phaneuf. Or something along those lines, maybe the UFA rights to Moulson included if the trade was to happen at the deadline

tomthestone*

Someone help me. Every discussion about acquiring a new player involves not overpaying to get the guy and/or not overpaying said guy in annual salary.

Now I see thumbs up at the idea of backing up the truck to pay Toronto off and let them dump his $49/7 deal on the Wild? That's a lot of time and money to sink into another aging lefty. Fletcher seems to prefer trading for veterans due for a new contract over ones that are already signed to hefty deals. That way he can get a look before letting the guy walk or working out the right deal himself a la Pominville.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Screw Phaneuf.

Coyle, Zucker, Dumba, and 1st for SHEA WEBER.

Sign Vanek.

Win Cup in 2015.

Your Welcome.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Nashville would be a death zone
You don't make your way to the top without making some enemies. :D

Plus, it would be nice to add a little fire to the Minnesota-Nashville match-up. They are the one team in the division that I'm pretty lukewarm towards.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
You don't make your way to the top without making some enemies. :D

Plus, it would be nice to add a little fire to the Minnesota-Nashville match-up. They are the one team in the division that I'm pretty lukewarm towards.

Not gonna lie reuniting that duo would probably put us over the top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad