Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Continue

SOME BASIC REMINDERS SINCE THE LAST THREAD GOT TESTY:

Nobody's ganging up on anybody else and none of the mods are here to censor your opinion beyond violation of site rules.

If you have a problem with something someone wrote, here are three options:

1. If you disagree with their opinion, write an intelligent yet respectful critique of their post

2. If you believe they violated site rules, click on the "Yield" symbol under their avatar to report it to moderators

3. Ignore it and move on

Keep your cool and keep the sarcasm to a respectful minimum.

Previous threads:

Free Agency & Trade Rumors I

Free Agency & Trade Rumors II
Free Agency & Trade Rumors III
Free Agency & Trade Rumors IV

Last edited:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
i have to believe gmcf learned his lesson after stiffarming clutterbuck. come join our team , we pay our top guys less than our backups! great headline.

When did we stiff Clutterbuck? He got a more than reasonable 4.2 million over three years after his ELC. Than he got paid by the Islanders. Thats simply how the NHL works, underpaid as an RFA overpaid as a UFA. If you manage to stick, your going to get your cash.

you cant pay your #1 goalie peanuts and expect him to be happy. i think he'll get 2 min maybe 2.5 if he keeps playn great. by july 1st we should know , feel free to eat plenty of crow when your wrong.

Tell that to every team in history that had a number 1 goalie on an ELC/right after. The only guys that got significantly paid were Henrik Lungqvist (Vezina nominee on ELC)and Carey Price(3 year starter, 150 + NHL games).

And again, Price, after being the Canadiens starter all 3 years of his ELC, and posting consistent .915 save precentages, still only got 2.75. Kuemper isn't going to get that off of 1/3rd the track record and pedigree.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
If we get rid of Backstroms contract, then it makes moving Brodziak almost moot.

Its easy to move a player on the grounds of too large of a salary, but its hard when looking at our center depth.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Why not trade Brodz? I'm sure some defensively struggling team would be happy to have him.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
fact - does mgmt have a choice or decision in what they offer to pay players? of coarse they do. if mgmt chooses to pay the min per the cba why does a player have to like it? i think clutterbuck was underpaid. i think he didnt like it. if you disagree, wonderful.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Here's a fun fact... based on their current scoring rates and if they played a full season, this is what we would end up paying some of the guys on our team:

Parise: $110,860 per point
Koivu: $105,469 per point
Brodziak: $113,333 per point

My point is, if I even have one, is that Brodziak's production probably isn't see worthy of so much of our fanbase's ire and that he should be playing 1st line and #1 PP minutes

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
Here's a fun fact... based on their current scoring rates and if they played a full season, this is what we would end up paying some of the guys on our team:

Parise: $110,860 per point
Koivu: $105,469 per point
Brodziak: $113,333 per point

My point is, if I even have one, is that Brodziak's production probably isn't see worthy of so much of our fanbase's ire and that he should be playing 1st line and #1 PP minutes

Ageed. He can be frustrating sometimes offensively(he's had how many breakaways and hasn't scored on one) but he is a solid 3rd line player, who is most likely a 4th line center on a cup team. Yes he is slightly overpaid, but if we bought him out I wouldn't be too confident in having both Coyle and Haula play center.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Ageed. He can be frustrating sometimes offensively(he's had how many breakaways and hasn't scored on one) but he is a solid 3rd line player, who is most likely a 4th line center on a cup team. Yes he is slightly overpaid, but if we bought him out I wouldn't be too confident in having both Coyle and Haula play center.

I couldn't have said this better.

Brodziak is a fine 4c, just not 3c. It is frustrating watching him in the o zone, missing gaping nets and all that, but he does serve our team well.

Mnsportsfan22

Apr 5, 2013
I couldn't have said this better.

Brodziak is a fine 4c, just not 3c. It is frustrating watching him in the o zone, missing gaping nets and all that, but he does serve our team well.

I rip brodziak all the time but he is a good 4th liner. Haula will have to wait his turn but I fully expect once brodziaks contract is up we will roll granlund koivu coyle haula which works for me.

We can sign vanek mouslon and give our kids raises and still keep brodziak this summer. It's the year after that when money might get tight. Which brodziaks contract is gone anyways.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
I think it's awesome that we now have the chance to see how Moulson fits with us before we take any decision regarding Vanek.

If f.ex Moulson - Koivu - Nino just happen to have the best chem ever, then that is what we do..

If Moulson cant do **** with anyone (unlikely)we dump him and sign TV.

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
Definetely Brodziak missing chances are infuriating... But you got agree that the guy does his job defensively and most of the chances he misses is created by himself. Anyways, i'm very ok to see him in the fourth line next year.

Funny thing, about 2/3 years ago he pretty much scored in every chance he got (some nice breakways goals). The 22 goals season

Also lots of 2 goals games

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I rip brodziak all the time but he is a good 4th liner. Haula will have to wait his turn but I fully expect once brodziaks contract is up we will roll granlund koivu coyle haula which works for me.

We can sign vanek mouslon and give our kids raises and still keep brodziak this summer. It's the year after that when money might get tight. Which brodziaks contract is gone anyways.
Which leaves us no room to fix our goaltending situation and go after a top-4 defenseman. Both of which are more important at this point. We may need to sign a new starter should Kuemps experience growing pains and one or both of Hards and Backs has to retire.

We can't have both Vanek and Moulson. And to be honest, I think it'd be a bit irresponsible for Fletch to do so.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Which leaves us no room to fix our goaltending situation and go after a top-4 defenseman. Both of which are more important at this point. We may need to sign a new starter should Kuemps experience growing pains and one or both of Hards and Backs has to retire.

We can't have both Vanek and Moulson. And to be honest, I think it'd be a bit irresponsible for Fletch to do so.

I'm not sure we need to go after a top 4 defensemen. Who is out there that you would bump Spurgeon or Scandella out of the top 4?

2014 UFA Blueliners

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'm not sure we need to go after a top 4 defensemen. Who is out there that you would bump Spurgeon or Scandella out of the top 4?

2014 UFA Blueliners
Zidlicky? :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Yeah, that list isn't too impressive. But Fletch could also make a trade this summer. July 4th has been fairly kind to us. Maybe he still tries to move Brodz. Or Zucker. Who knows.

Spurg and Scandy are doing much better right now, but they didn't start out so hot. I want a reliable, bonafide, top-4 guy. One that falls behind Suter and Brodin, but is ahead of Ballard and company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad