Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency V [Mod Warning Post #1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Screw Phaneuf.

Coyle, Zucker, Dumba, and 1st for SHEA WEBER.

Sign Vanek.

Win Cup in 2015.

Your Welcome.

Nashville fans would ****ing lose it, man.

Plus that is adding a LOT of salary.

Still....Seing Suter-Weber back in action could be fun.

I'd still like to see what happens if we offer sheet Subban. Montreal would match, of course, but it would still be funny to troll the whole league like that.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Suter - Weber didn't work for Nashville. Still think we need a game-breaking forward.

tomthestone*

Suter - Weber didn't work for Nashville. Still think we need a game-breaking forward.

I'd argue it did work for Nashville. That tandem is all that team really had, and they made the playoffs and put up a fight.

Adding Weber to this current Wild group is a totally different story anyway. The Wild have way more depth and talent up front than the Preds did then.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Brodin to Florida for their 1st overall. Ekblad. Suter-Ekblad :sarcasm:

In all honesty, I like the growth we've seen, especially over the past two months. I'd like to see what this growth and another off-season would produce with the current team going forward.

TheSauceBoss

May 14, 2010
Still think we need a game-breaking forward.
I was talking to my dad the other day and told him Nino is the only guy on the Wild who you can anticipate scoring just inside the blue line on a rush. His snapshot is ridiculous and actually shoots like he wants to score. We could def use another like him.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Radim Vrbata is an upcoming FA. Currently only making 3m per year. Could be an option if we miss out on Vanek.

I'd like to see Niederreiter take a spot in the top-6, though.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
Radim Vrbata is an upcoming FA. Currently only making 3m per year. Could be an option if we miss out on Vanek.

I'd like to see Niederreiter take a spot in the top-6, though.

I think Nino is better suited in the top-6 than Coyle. Nino is better player.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Someone help me. Every discussion about acquiring a new player involves not overpaying to get the guy and/or not overpaying said guy in annual salary.

Now I see thumbs up at the idea of backing up the truck to pay Toronto off and let them dump his $49/7 deal on the Wild? That's a lot of time and money to sink into another aging lefty. Fletcher seems to prefer trading for veterans due for a new contract over ones that are already signed to hefty deals. That way he can get a look before letting the guy walk or working out the right deal himself a la Pominville.

I don't care about the salary that much because we can afford to pay players, we have cap space and it's not my money anyway. Some players are overpaid yes, but it's not the end of the world. It's the term that concerns me more, especially with the potential signing of Vanek.

The thing with Phaneuf is that we need another top 4 D, they are not often available because most teams in the league need better D too. Sure, Phaneuf is a little older and more expensive than I would necessarily prefer, but he would be a definite upgrade and there's no way you can escape that. If the price is reasonable, Fletcher should go for it.

This team has a window and I think it's opening next year and will be open for 2-3 years. Phaneuf should be just the right age for that run.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Trade Poms. Get Dion.

Parise-Granlund-Vanek
Niño-Koivu-Coyle
Bulmer-Haula-Fontaine
Cooke-Brodziak-McCormick

Suter-Phaneuf
Brodin-Scandella
Spurgeon-Folin

Kemps
Backstrom

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
We need size and speed up front. Some hands would be nice too.

Or Jussi Jokinen :laugh:

Actually i'd take Jokinen rather than Vanek. He has good hands, high hockey iq and is familiar with Finnish NT powerplay, which would be handy with Granny :naughty: Bad thing is, that he's neither big nor fast...

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I really really think they might be OK with something like 2014 1st, 2015 2nd and Zucker. I might be way off the value but I'm very much okay with a trade like that.

The Leafs have enough speedy wingers. They need solid two-way defensive C's in the top 6 (I'd take an overpaid one at this point) and need tons of defensive help, because the Leafs literally only have 3 NHL caliber d-men, one of them being Phaneuf.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Trade Poms. Get Dion.

Parise-Granlund-Vanek
Niño-Koivu-Coyle
Bulmer-Haula-Fontaine
Cooke-Brodziak-McCormick

Suter-Phaneuf
Brodin-Scandella
Spurgeon-Folin

Kemps
Backstrom
What?! :help:

No to Phaneuf. But more importantly, there is nothing wrong with Poms. Yeah, he wasn't great this postseason, but a lot of our vets were in the same boat. We would have missed the playoffs without him. Easily.

Needles

Jun 29, 2010
Still have another 30 goal scorer coming into his place. One that at least is having somewhat of a decent playoffs. Yes, I'm talking in emotion and not logical right now.

AllStarMarianGaborikImage2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad