Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency III

Status
Not open for further replies.

HobeyBroten

Jul 12, 2012
No to Ward, no to Miller.

With our veteran goalie situation in such flux, and with Kuemper playing so well, I think it's time to find out what we have with him and that's only going to happen if he plays and plays in high-intensity situations. Unless he divebombs these next few games (which I think is unlikely), that means he should be our starter for the rest of the year and into the playoffs.

Gotta get there first.

I would rather us not make any moves, than to give up on Kuemper with getting a new starter. I feel like we got lucky with moving Khudobin and Hackett and still having Kuemper here doing as well as he has been.

I think doing anything other than getting a vet. to back up/mentor Kuemper while he makes his bid for the franchise goalie is foolish. Our team has been playing well of late and can only get stronger when we get guys off injury.

If it's not broke, don't fix it is how I feel. Wait until the off season to shake up roster.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Gotta get there first.

I would rather us not make any moves, than to give up on Kuemper with getting a new starter. I feel like we got lucky with moving Khudobin and Hackett and still having Kuemper here doing as well as he has been.

I think doing anything other than getting a vet. to back up/mentor Kuemper while he makes his bid for the franchise goalie is foolish. Our team has been playing well of late and can only get stronger when we get guys off injury.

If it's not broke, don't fix it is how I feel. Wait until the off season to shake up roster.

If Backstrom could get his damn abdomen under control we'd already have a good one.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If Backstrom could get his damn abdomen under control we'd already have a good one.

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, it would be Christmas all the time. :)

IMO, it's obvious that this abdomen issue is something that will never go away and he will have to be bought out after the season.

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
I think we should bring a veteran goalie for insurance. Kuemper is playing amazing, but if something happens to him, we need to have a plan B.

We cant roll Curry as our starter...

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, it would be Christmas all the time. :)

IMO, it's obvious that this abdomen issue is something that will never go away and he will have to be bought out after the season.
If he's still injured, we won't be able too.......

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Just for arguments sake... What if it only took Zucker + a 2nd to get Miller, what then?

No, the value isnt there on either side at the moment.

We aren't in need of a starter right now. Kuemper has earned that role through the end of this season in my mind. Going after Miller would do nothing but create a goalie controversy as Kuemper is playing red hot and would obviously lose the starting job to Miller.

Further I highly doubt Miller is going to go that cheap. Even as thin as the demand for goalies is right now I think he'll be able to fetch better value.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
That's a WPG 2nd though, almost a late 1st. Zucker doesn't have as much value this year because he hasn't been able to really dominate in Iowa OR show big flashes up here.

And I think Miller as a rental is a BAD idea for the Wild right now.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Oh god did you really just suggest we trade for Orpik?

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
If I would have to trade for Myers Dumba+Zucker+1st is the far as I would go.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
There is no way we should ever give up anything close to that for Meyers.

I don't think you are getting young top4 d man signed in a long contract without giving some big assets. Honestly though I think Buffalo would want atleast one of Granlund,Brodin,Coyle and Nino.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I don't think you are getting young top4 d man signed in a long contract without giving some big assets. Honestly though I think Buffalo would want atleast one of Granlund,Brodin,Coyle and Nino.

I'd give up Dumba + Bulmer/Buss +3rd for Myers at most

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Myers is terrible. There's no way I'd want him on this team with that contract. He'd be lucky to be in the league if he wasn't that size, and then he doesn't even use it. At all.

As far as some of the earlier conversation goes, moving Zucker for a rental would be mindbogglingly stupid.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Myers is terrible. There's no way I'd want him on this team with that contract. He'd be lucky to be in the league if he wasn't that size, and then he doesn't even use it. At all.

As far as some of the earlier conversation goes, moving Zucker for a rental would be mindbogglingly stupid.

I agree. Zucker has a pretty bright future.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
I just think that the team should ride this year out. Get to the playoffs, figure out what improvements you need to make, and make them over the summer via the draft/trade/FA.

Agree that moving Zucker for a rental would be utterly stupid....

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Unless there is a trade for Heater for something, I honestly do not expect a major splash during this deadline. We have 4 viable centers once Koivu comes back. The wings are doing their part, just really streaky. Defense is playing good, albeit just as streaky, and goaltending has not bee the overall major issue with the team with Darcy finally getting into a rhythm (which is funny if you look back at the comments when he was laying eggs earlier this season lol). I would expect a rather quiet deadline for us.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Sounds like Miller (and Ott) are on the move.

Both late scratches. Speculation is St. Louis. The Blues are going to be an even tougher out with Miller in net now.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
if we move heatley i can't see it being for anything that's of immediate use. considering he's been involved in a lot of our wins lately i don't see us trading him just to pick up some pick if we're trying to stay in the playoff picture. fantasyland. unless it's part of a big trade with a playoff team. because i doubt very much he'd say yes to going to some place like buffalo for the rest of the season.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Sounds like Miller (and Ott) are on the move.

Both late scratches. Speculation is St. Louis. The Blues are going to be an even tougher out with Miller in net now.

We Cant score on St.Louis as it is! Now we really need to avoid St.Louis in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad