Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency III

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisseton

Jan 12, 2012
Minnesota
Sounds like Miller (and Ott) are on the move.

Both late scratches. Speculation is St. Louis. The Blues are going to be an even tougher out with Miller in net now.

just because there late scratches doesn't mean that a trade is imminent. While I understand that your not saying a trade is imminent but it sort of sounds like it.While yes it may seem like a trade is soon coming, if you were Buffalo would you want your tradeable assets playing and then potentially getting hurt therefore not being tradeable anymore. Just another thought on the subject.

Edit Well I guess scratch what I just said LOL as it looks like Miller for Halak just went down with more details coming soon.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
just because there late scratches doesn't mean that a trade is imminent. While I understand that your not saying a trade is imminent but it sort of sounds like it.While yes it may seem like a trade is soon coming, if you were Buffalo would you want your tradeable assets playing and then potentially getting hurt therefore not being tradeable anymore. Just another thought on the subject.

Bob McKenzie is tweeting that it's a three way with Buffalo, Ottawa, and St Louis. Miller to the Blues, Stewart to Ottawa, picks and prospects to Buffalo

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site

Edit Well I guess scratch what I just said LOL as it looks like Miller for Halak just went down with more details coming soon.

Can't say I'm unhappy - it will be interesting to see the full details.

Also it is interesting to see Hacks hasn't worked out as well for Buffalo as Kuemper has here.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
At the very least, Halak is going to get flipped again. Same is likely with Stewart.

I think the Wild may be in on Halak if the price is right.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
I guess that doesn't make the Blues any easier to play against.

TP, you think they would want to move Stewart? It seems to me I've read negative stuff about him, but he is a big gritty guy with some skill. He'd make a nice top 6 guy for the Sabres going forward: maybe 4.1 this year and next is a bit much, but cap space isn't an issue for them.

Buffalo got a nice haul there. The rebuild is going well.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
At the very least, Halak is going to get flipped again. Same is likely with Stewart.

I think the Wild may be in on Halak if the price is right.

Bob Mckenzie agrees with you

@TSNBobMcKenzie: I'm told there aren't likely to be any more BUF moves tonite. I'd say BUF will try to flip Jaro Halak to MIN and Chris Stewart to OTT.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Bob Mckenzie agrees with you

@TSNBobMcKenzie: I'm told there aren't likely to be any more BUF moves tonite. I'd say BUF will try to flip Jaro Halak to MIN and Chris Stewart to OTT.

I would say a 3rd + next year's 3rd if Halak signs an extension?

Hopefully no more than that.

THEKOSTAJA

Apr 7, 2013
Turku
I'm all for getting Halak. As long as we don't have to give up way too much.

I would say a 3rd + next year's 3rd if Halak signs an extension?

Hopefully no more than that.

It's for sure gonna need more than that, but I'd say that you are on the right track. Nothing too crazy.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
if we see the Blues in the playoffs I picture another 03 Ducks series where we scored 1 goal in 4 games ;)
Tell ya one thing though, I still laugh at some folks declaring the Blues Cup winners. They are stacked. No doubt. But NOTHING is guaranteed in this league. Every year, a couple of teams look insane and fans say, "Well just give them the Cup. They're unbeatable." And yet, none of those teams have gone on that season to make it to the finals. Would I love to be in the Blues' shoes right now? Yep. But you'd think after decades that fans would learn not to put the cart before the horse.

Upsets happen.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Tell ya one thing though, I still laugh at some folks declaring the Blues Cup winners. They are stacked. No doubt. But NOTHING is guaranteed in this league. Every year, a couple of teams look insane and fans say, "Well just give them the Cup. They're unbeatable." And yet, none of those teams have gone on that season to make it to the finals. Would I love to be in the Blues' shoes right now? Yep. But you'd think after decades that fans would learn not to put the cart before the horse.

Upsets happen.

True! I could honestly see the Wild upset Chicago or Anaheim but dont see it vs St.Louis! Just a horrible match up for us and it just got tougher now with Ott and Miller

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Trying to think what happens to Kuemper if Harding all of a sudden gets healthy and we've traded for Halak.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Trying to think what happens to Kuemper if Harding all of a sudden gets healthy and we've traded for Halak.
Understandable. But Harding isn't gonna snap out of it any time soon. And we have to think about next year, because I can see question marks with Harding and Backstrom moved.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Halak hasn't been a longterm solution for any team he's been with... Wonder why that is.

DUMBA55

Jun 18, 2013
Would it be in the neighborhood of Zucker + 3rd rd pick for Halak? And isn't Halak a UFA after this season?

astafk

Jan 8, 2014
White Bear Lake, MN
I saw someone say that if Buffalo can flip Halak for Granlund they'd consider the deal with the Blues a win..... Im not exactly sure if they're serious or not.

As for the Blues, yeah they have a very deep team but they still have to prove that they can beat the California teams. It would be hilarious if they lined up against the Kings in the 1st round yet again.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Would it be in the neighborhood of Zucker + 3rd rd pick for Halak? And isn't Halak a UFA after this season?

HELL no. If Fletcher wouldn't give up Zucker for Pominville he's not giving him up for Halak. I don't want to see any of our high(ish) valued futures for Halak. That includes 1st and 2nd round picks. I know it will cost more than that which is why I'm fine with rolling along without him. Let's face it, unless we are a reincarnation of the Kings from a couple years ago, we are not winning anything this year. Which is why I'm fine with relying on Kuemper and whoever isn't hurt at the time in goal come playoff time.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I saw someone say that if Buffalo can flip Halak for Granlund they'd consider the deal with the Blues a win..... Im not exactly sure if they're serious or not.

As for the Blues, yeah they have a very deep team but they still have to prove that they can beat the California teams. It would be hilarious if they lined up against the Kings in the 1st round yet again.

Hope not!

yao-ming-face-meme.jpg

Continue here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad