TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Dumba for Frost+1st
Brodin for Krebs+2nd

Make it happen
Your missing the last + they said they want for Dumba.

Also, considering they said they didn't the a deal was there to be had for him at this time, sounds like they've discussed with those in the market and that's the impression they got.

Nobody is willing to bite on their asking price. Thus they expect a Dumba trade is off the table for the time being.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
That's one of my biggest frustrations with Zuccarello this year. Watching him for years in New York, then after he was traded to Dallas... he played like an energy bug with skill. Now he coasts and watches way more than he did before coming here.

As mentioned, he's got that NMC now, so he feels too comfortable.

You're wrong, Zuccarello is not that kind of guy. He plays hard every night.

But he's had by far the worst linemates of his career here.
Now it sounds like he'll start with Galchenyuk on his line, let's see how this works.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I was somewhat against trading Zucker, but thought it was inevitable. If Fiala's recent performance is not a mirage, then I'm good with it. Zucker had his faults, but his speed and goalscoring is a precious commodity in the NHL.

Still don't get how he is considered a good defensive player, though. I don't get a lot of things about the new analytics.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
You're wrong, Zuccarello is not that kind of guy. He plays hard every night.

But he's had by far the worst linemates of his career here.
Now it sounds like he'll start with Galchenyuk on his line, let's see how this works.
The watching the play is a really fair critique. No one said it was a lack of effort but it is definitely something that anyone without Zuccarello coated glasses sees.

About the linemates, if he doesn't like it he is free to leave.

Reactions: fgobuzz and TaLoN

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Assuming that we do not resign Chucky, we have all this cap space it appears. Thing is, none of the impending UFAs really intrigue me much at this point...

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
The watching the play is a really fair critique. No one said it was a lack of effort but it is definitely something that anyone without Zuccarello coated glasses sees.

About the linemates, if he doesn't like it he is free to leave.

As I said, give him better linemates.
It gets kind of tiresome when you keep feeding guys who can't handle it or who can't finish.

But he's not going anywhere for the next 2-3 years, I'm pretty sure about that.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Moves I would like to see done before Seattle expansion...

-give Fiala 40M for 7 years
-trade Dumba for a haul either at this draft or at next TDL
-trade Staal at next TDL
-extend Brodin, not sure how to gauge what I’d give him
-buyout Dubnyk given new cap space

It gets kind of tiresome when you keep feeding guys who can't handle it or who can't finish.

Who are the line mates you want him to be with? He’s been on the top line almost the entire year ;)

Also the player that can finish is the one who just took his spot on the first line

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

I don't see him making a ton of feeds though... not sure who you think he "keeps feeding".

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Who are the line mates you want him to be with? He’s been on the top line almost the entire year ;)

Also the player that can finish is the one who just took his spot on the first line

I don't think Zuccarello has any problems with the line change, that's what you do when things are not optimal.

But you know what? He can play left wing, I don't even think Boudreau is aware of that.
So how about Zuccarello-Staal-Fiala? Oh boy...if Fiala can finish, this will be a success.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don't think Zuccarello has any problems with the line change, that's what you do when things are not optimal.

But you know what? He can play left wing, I don't even think Boudreau is aware of that.
So how about Zuccarello-Staal-Fiala? Oh boy...if Fiala can finish, this will be a success.
For a team thin on right wing and too many on left... why would we take one from the right to play on the left?

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Time for Billy to call the auction for a blueliner. The team that offers the best center wins. No other offers will be accepted.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Just throwing something against the wall......what about Brodin + 1st (from Pitt) to MTL for Max Domi?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Just throwing something against the wall......what about Brodin + 1st (from Pitt) to MTL for Max Domi?

I don't think Montreal would do that. They have no sure thing at center other than Domi. Suzuki is doing well, but he could regress next season. Poehling isn't looking like they want and Jesperi Kotkaniemi just got sent down.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I'm all for giving Galchenyuk a two-week tryout to play center here. If we find that he's doing well at center and is a fit on the team, let's give him a shot with a 2 year "prove-it" deal. If we find out he's not a center but can still produce on the wing, flip him at the deadline and continue to accumulate assets. If he's not working at either position by the deadline, flip him for what you can and move on.

It might be a little ambitious of a plan with only a 2 week window to deal with, but I just want them to take a really good look at Galchenyuk to see if we can find an answer at center or if we can get an extra pick/prospect out of him before we move on.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'm all for giving Galchenyuk a two-week tryout to play center here. If we find that he's doing well at center and is a fit on the team, let's give him a shot with a 2 year "prove-it" deal. If we find out he's not a center but can still produce on the wing, flip him at the deadline and continue to accumulate assets. If he's not working at either position by the deadline, flip him for what you can and move on.

It might be a little ambitious of a plan with only a 2 week window to deal with, but I just want them to take a really good look at Galchenyuk to see if we can find an answer at center or if we can get an extra pick/prospect out of him before we move on.

Guy has 1 foot out the NHL door. 2 years would be a year too long.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Guerin has already publicly said that he is looking at Galchenyuk as a winger. I suppose BB will have something to say about that as well....but I wouldn't get my hopes up that Chucky is the center we are looking for.

But who knows? Weirder things have happened.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's probably not going to happen until the playoffs are out of view. If/when that happens, there's really no reason not to take a shot at it (if he's still around).

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Pad his ice time for the next 5 games, get him a few points, then retain 50% and ship him to whoever offers the best pick. He's not a center, it's been tried by a couple teams already. There's no reason for the Wild to consider keeping him if there's a chance for him to return pretty much anything at the deadline.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Mnsportsfan22

Apr 5, 2013
I don't see why we are wanting to trade a dman right now. The best time is the off season. We are in no rush right now. I really feel we are a #1 center away from playoffs and contending, and we have alot of ammo to get that#1 center!

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017

Fiala seemed to work well with virtually the same linemates until he was recently bumped up. The only reason Zuccs isn't playing down further lines is because he brings even less to the 3rd and 4th lines. The guy is getting shots in the top 6 and power play, and a guy making what he does was supposed to generate offense for those around him.. he shouldn't be relying on those around him to succeed. Basically that is what you're asking for.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'd definitely pump the brakes on trading any defensemen before the deadline. To some extent Guerin's first major trade was teed up for him: dealing with his old boss on a player that the Penguins were after when Guerin was still "in the room." And with Guentzel out and Zucker having term on his deal he had time on his side to boot. He played it correctly, but he had the wind at his back here.

Moving Brodin or Dumba will not only be harder to do well, it'll be much more important to not **** up.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad