Trade & Free Agency Talk XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

We could easily move Spurgeon if we wanted to I think. The others? Doubt they waive their NMC’s. And with Parise and Suter, even if they did waive, it wouldn’t matter.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So you admit Dumba is a god player who can’t just be replaced by an average joe? Thank you.
I NEVER said that. I was positive on him when everyone was criticizing him when he first came up. His talent was obvious. Just don't get carried away by his positives, and ignore his negatives.

I don't understand why it has taken so long for this bloody team to figure out that he should be stapled on the PP, not Suter. It was obvious 3 years ago, when you looked at his skillset.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
And Greenway
I've thought Greenway has showed worrying signs of passivity and ineffectiveness the past 5 or so games. I'll put it down to rookie fatigue, I guess? I don't see where he is untouchable, at all.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I've thought Greenway has showed worrying signs of passivity and ineffectiveness the past 5 or so games. I'll put it down to rookie fatigue, I guess? I don't see where he is untouchable, at all.

Probably. Playing 40 NCAA games and playing 40 NHL games are very different things. That's why I like the 60-70 games in the AHL as a stepping stone.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I NEVER said that. I was positive on him when everyone was criticizing him when he first came up. His talent was obvious. Just don't get carried away by his positives, and ignore his negatives.

I don't understand why it has taken so long for this bloody team to figure out that he should be stapled on the PP, not Suter. It was obvious 3 years ago, when you looked at his skillset.
See, a lot posters get carried away with his positives. Then there's the occasional poster who gets carried away with his negatives. I don't get how a poster can be so pissy when people say that Dumba should be untouchable and then use Dumba's negatives against him despite his overall play being a net positive, but then turn around and worship a player like Brodin, a limited player who makes plenty of mistakes himself. I'll never understand you in that regard.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
See, a lot posters get carried away with his positives. Then there's the occasional poster who gets carried away with his negatives. I don't get how a poster can be so pissy when people say that Dumba should be untouchable and then use Dumba's negatives against him despite his overall play being a net positive, but then turn around and worship a player like Brodin, a limited player who makes plenty of mistakes himself. I'll never understand you in that regard.
I guess it's that I used to play defense, and played with, and around, some damn good ones, let alone got to watch some HOF'ers live many, many times. JC Tremblay aside, none of those Dmen could get away with playing bad D. Guys like Shattenkirk and Barrie get a ton of attention and money, yet their teams never win.
Playing good D is not optional for a Dman. Dumba has all the tools that Guy Lapointe had...maybe even more. If he simply worked on the details and techniques of playing D he could be that good.

Brodin makes a fraction of the mistakes that Dumba does. He errs on the side of caution...definitely needs to work on making more of an effort to affect the game offensively, as he is not limited by anything but his imagination, unlike most defensive Dmen.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I guess it's that I used to play defense, and played with, and around, some damn good ones, let alone got to watch some HOF'ers live many, many times. JC Tremblay aside, none of those Dmen could get away with playing bad D. Guys like Shattenkirk and Barrie get a ton of attention and money, yet their teams never win.
Playing good D is not optional for a Dman. Dumba has all the tools that Guy Lapointe had...maybe even more. If he simply worked on the details and techniques of playing D he could be that good.

Brodin makes a fraction of the mistakes that Dumba does. He errs on the side of caution...definitely needs to work on making more of an effort to affect the game offensively, as he is not limited by anything but his imagination, unlike most defensive Dmen.
John Carlson won last year. Kris Letang has 3 Cups.

Brodin makes fewer mistakes in the dzone, but if you take the entire rink into account, he makes 3 times the mistakes that Dumba does in a game.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
John Carlson won last year. Kris Letang has 3 Cups.

Brodin makes fewer mistakes in the dzone, but if you take the entire rink into account, he makes 3 times the mistakes that Dumba does in a game.

3 times the mistakes? Ah..... don't think so. Apparently you're not a Brodin fan.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
3 times the mistakes? Ah..... don't think so. Apparently you're not a Brodin fan.
Every time he chips a puck off the glass instead of making a breakout pass? That's a turnover. Everytime he he gives up the blueline when he shouldn't have? That's a mistake as well. A defenseman that kills the offense, is just as damaging as one who makes mistakes being too aggressive.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Saying Dumba makes more mistakes than Brodin,

Xsf5Ukj.gif

As evidenced, GO HERE

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
Every time he chips a puck off the glass instead of making a breakout pass? That's a turnover. Everytime he he gives up the blueline when he shouldn't have? That's a mistake as well. A defenseman that kills the offense, is just as damaging as one who makes mistakes being too aggressive.
Check the advance stats, there is a reason Dumba has low dzone starts. The team is full of chippers in the D zone, no centers to breakout with. The are skating with plows attached.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Check the advance stats, there is a reason Dumba has low dzone starts. The team is full of chippers in the D zone, no centers to breakout with. The are skating with plows attached.
Check the stats that actually matter. I'm not saying that Dumba is flawless and that Brodin is terrible. I'm just pointing out that the opposite isn't true either, and when it's all added up, Dumba is still the better player.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
Check the stats that actually matter. I'm not saying that Dumba is flawless and that Brodin is terrible. I'm just pointing out that the opposite isn't true either, and when it's all added up, Dumba is still the better player.
Pretty sure you said he makes three times the mistakes. Still not true. Btw, that is one that really matters. Which D do trust in your own zone.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Pretty sure you said he makes three times the mistakes. Still not true. Btw, that is one that really matters. Which D do trust in your own zone.
If I'm protecting a lead, I would take Brodin. Any other situation and I will take Dumba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad