Trade & Free Agency Talk XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
I've been following the Wild a bit more closely this year, and wanted to get a sense from those that know them better than I do about how certain players might fit in. I've always liked the Wild, but the thing that has kept me from watching them consistently is a genuine dynamic offensive player. I'm curious if that is the sentiment within, and whether or not the fan consensus right now is to try and find that player through trades/FA, or sell off some players for assets and try and build through the draft. Would love to hear some thoughts on that. In addition, I'm just going to list a few players here that have been brought up in trade speculation, and was hoping you could give me your thoughts on whether or not any of them would fit in. Cheers!

Matt Duchene, Jakob Silfverberg, Kasperi Kapanen, Chris Kreider, Vlad Namestnikov, Mark Stone, Artemi Panarin.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
They would all fit in but that's not the problem. Duchene, Stone and Panarin would be great to sign this summer but the price time or just one of them is going to be absurdly high. Silfverberg is an interesting player because the Ducks are in a similar situation as the Wild in terms of where they want to head. Kreider and Namestnikov are solid players but nothing we don't already have here (plus their stats for being a C are not that great.) Kapanen is one where he will either be a cap casualty for the Leafs or will be signed well below what he could get somewhere else because he wants to win.
I would love to sign Duchene or Panarin this summer if their price is below 10m.

Reactions: pckstpr31

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I've been following the Wild a bit more closely this year, and wanted to get a sense from those that know them better than I do about how certain players might fit in. I've always liked the Wild, but the thing that has kept me from watching them consistently is a genuine dynamic offensive player. I'm curious if that is the sentiment within, and whether or not the fan consensus right now is to try and find that player through trades/FA, or sell off some players for assets and try and build through the draft. Would love to hear some thoughts on that. In addition, I'm just going to list a few players here that have been brought up in trade speculation, and was hoping you could give me your thoughts on whether or not any of them would fit in. Cheers!

The fanbase is pretty split on where to go from here. While most will admit that we probably need that more dynamic offensive star, there are other needs as well. Most don't want to suggest a tank, but I think overall we agree a re-tool is necessary. I don't necessarily know if it matters the way in which we acquire the guys we need, as long as it makes sense.

Matt Duchene, Jakob Silfverberg, Kasperi Kapanen, Chris Kreider, Vlad Namestnikov, Mark Stone, Artemi Panarin.

You're going to get differing opinions on most of these guys.

I would love to sign Duchene in free agency, but fear he may be too expensive unless we somehow lose Koivu at the deadline or over the summer. A lot of other guys here would prefer to stay away from Duchene though because of his character, mainly.

Silfverberg, Namestnikov, Kreider and Kapanen do nothing for me personally. Just more of those middle 6 guys we already have. Sure I wouldn't mind acquiring one as a change of scenery type of deal, but they would have to come with term and I wouldn't do much more than a straight swap of Coyle or Zucker for them.

I don't think Stone will be worth whatever money he gets this summer, and I don't have interest in going after him. Good player, not the right player.

Panarin is another guy like Duchene that I would be happy to get in free agency, but at the same time, if we're going to be spending that kind of money, I'd rather it go to a center. He's going to cost a lot.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Would like to see Spurgeon and Staal moved for a combo of a 1st, 2nd, young RHD, and a young top 6 C. Trade Dubnyk without taking much cap back and let Stalock and Hammond play out this year and then go after Duchene in FA.

My ideal world, I would try to make a play on Tarasenko this year with our 1st+2nd+JEE+other high prospect and move Zucker, Spurgeon, and Dubnyk for Gostibehere, Patrick, a pick, plus cap casualty. Trade Staal for a 1st+. Sign Duchene in the offseason.

Granlund-Duchene-Tarasenko
Parise-Rask-Coyle
Greenway-Patrick-Kunin
Foligno-Aberg-Fehr/Brown

Suter-Dumba
Brodin-Gostisbehere
Seeler-Pateryn

Kahkonen/Stalock
FA goalie

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Would like to see Spurgeon and Staal moved for a combo of a 1st, 2nd, young RHD, and a young top 6 C. Trade Dubnyk without taking much cap back and let Stalock and Hammond play out this year and then go after Duchene in FA.

My ideal world, I would try to make a play on Tarasenko this year with our 1st+2nd+JEE+other high prospect and move Zucker, Spurgeon, and Dubnyk for Gostibehere, Patrick, a pick, plus cap casualty. Trade Staal for a 1st+. Sign Duchene in the offseason.

Granlund-Duchene-Tarasenko
Parise-Rask-Coyle
Greenway-Patrick-Kunin
Foligno-Aberg-Fehr/Brown

Suter-Dumba
Brodin-Gostisbehere
Seeler-Pateryn

Kahkonen/Stalock
FA goalie
I don't think you get Tank without giving up one of Granlund or Dumba. Unless Fenton goes crazy and offers 2 1sts 2 2nds and a prospect if I'm Stl I hang up. As for the rest of the moves unless you are fine with having almost no picks in the first 3 rounds for the next 5 years the Wild won't get a few of these new guys.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He must be hurt. Right now he's looking like the Granlund of 3-4 years ago.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory

I think that depending on how things go up until the deadline that if we are looking like missing the playoffs we could sell off Staal. I think he's really the only guy who we trade then. The offseason could be much different depending on how Fenton sees the team going into the draft.

I would love to sign a guy like Duchene in FA, but that would mean we overpay. But he is the kind of center everyone wants. Other than that I could maybe see a trade for Kapanen.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I think we will trade Granlund, no doubt.

I'm not so sure when. If he has a great next month, somehow, even though he's hurt, maybe the buy on him is worth is.

Most likely, we have to wait until next season. If we are sellers at the trade deadline (or before), he'll be moved.

He's a great compliment player, but if he wants what he wants for salary, it's too bad. I'd like to pay him but we have a problem with the Suter/Parise situation.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Thanks for the responses, good insight there. I'm surprised that a lot of you would like to move on from Granlund, has he been that bad?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Thanks for the responses, good insight there. I'm surprised that a lot of you would like to move on from Granlund, has he been that bad?
Lately yes, though I don't really expect that to continue.

What actually bothers me about him is that he's probably going to require a bigger contract than I'm comfortable with. If we're jettisoning guys that haven't lived up to expectations and haven't been difference makers we might as well look at moving the ones that should be relatively easy to move for a good return. Sending a message that "no one is safe" but putting a little fence around Granlund doesn't make much sense.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Lately yes, though I don't really expect that to continue.

What actually bothers me about him is that he's probably going to require a bigger contract than I'm comfortable with. If we're jettisoning guys that haven't lived up to expectations and haven't been difference makers we might as well look at moving the ones that should be relatively easy to move for a good return. Sending a message that "no one is safe" but putting a little fence around Granlund doesn't make much sense.
If the Wild sell off everyone that wants some of Leipold's money then we can watch a really young, cheap team, and Parise and Suter. Oh, and Dumba. Apparently he is some untouchable god of a hockey player now.

We can call ourselves the Minnesota Shit Sandwiches.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If the Wild sell off everyone that wants some of Leipold's money then we can watch a really young, cheap team, and Parise and Suter. Oh, and Dumba. Apparently he is some untouchable god of a hockey player now.

We can call ourselves the Minnesota **** Sandwiches.
I'm not advocating selling off everyone. I'm not even advocating selling off anyone. But, while Fenton might be done for the time being, it is nigh impossible that the rest of this roster remains intact through the summer. I see no reason to leave Granlund off the list of guys that could move, and see several reasons to prioritize trading him over others.

No reason to consider Dumba completely off limits either, but I see fewer reasons to trade him for anything realistic.

Reactions: 2Pair

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm not advocating selling off everyone. I'm not even advocating selling off anyone. But, while Fenton might be done for the time being, it is nigh impossible that the rest of this roster remains intact through the summer. I see no reason to leave Granlund off the list of guys that could move, and see several reasons to prioritize trading him over others.

No reason to consider Dumba completely off limits either, but I see fewer reasons to trade him for anything realistic.
Phrased that way, then sure.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

We can call ourselves the Minnesota **** Sandwiches.
Pretty interesting how the team went to shit when Dumba got injured.

Reactions: W75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad