Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He does. We don’t exactly have a top six that is insanely offensively talented

Acquiring Boeser makes it that much more difficult to improve the centers at the top of the roster. We're running out of cap space. With Kaprizov, Fiala, Zuccarello and Boldy, I can't see where the glaringly obvious fit is for Boeser on the roster next season. To me, trading Dumba for Boeser would indicate that one of Fiala, Zuccarello or Boldy is gone. Or they have no confidence in Boldy whatsoever.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Just spitballing, in case Arizona doesn't really want Dumba...

Dumba for Boeser
Greenway + Rask + later 1st for Schmaltz + 2nd

Solves expansion. Negligible cap impact. Brings two RH forwards into the lineup. Adds a center.

Kaprizov - Rossi - Boeser
Boldy - Schmaltz - Fiala
Foligno
- Eriksson Ek - Zuccarello
Parise
- Sturm - Bjugstad

Brodin - Menell
Suter - Addison
Cole - Spurgeon (Soucy to Seattle)

(expansion protected)

Can probably work under the cap at least next year. Might require some massaging the year after with Foligno/Talbot/maybe Zuccarello.

:dunno:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Dumba for Boeser

Solves expansion. Negligible cap impact. Brings two RH forwards into the lineup. Adds a center.

Boldy - Schmaltz - Fiala
Foligno
Parise
- Sturm - Bjugstad

Brodin - Menell
Suter - Addison

(expansion protected)

Can probably work under the cap at least next year. Might require some massaging the year after with Foligno/Talbot/maybe Zuccarello.

I think we have to add to Dumba for Boeser; I like the look of that lineup though

Reactions: ctmagic

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Dumba for Boeser

Boldy - Schmaltz - Fiala
Foligno
Parise
- Sturm - Bjugstad

Brodin - Menell
Suter - Addison

(expansion protected)

The only thing I would probably change if these moves happened is putting Boldy with Kaprizov and Rossi, and Fiala-Schmaltz-Boeser as line 2. Boldy-Rossi-Kaprizov could arguably be the smartest line in the league.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The only thing I would probably change if these moves happened is putting Boldy with Kaprizov and Rossi, and Fiala-Schmaltz-Boeser as line 2. Boldy-Rossi-Kaprizov could arguably be the smartest line in the league.

Also fine, but I wanted to spread out the rookies and righties. Maybe neither is all that important though.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I may be an over valuing fan boy but anytime I see us giving up Greenway in a deal my heart skips a beat a little.

The guy is one of a kind right now imo.

Imagine if we never gave up Tuch.

Greenway xxxx Tuch oh boy.

Reactions: 57special

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Stay the course even when it hurts! (Like not selling ufas for picks or making a big trade before or after playoffs.)

Zuccarello Ek Kaprizov
Boldy Rossi Fiala
Greenway Sturm Foligno
Parise Bonino Hartman

Suter Spurgeon
Brodin Dumba
Soucy Addison
Cole

Parise/Zucc waive. Go 4 - 4 We trade Menell + 2nd for them to take Rask instead of Soucy/Sturm/Talbot (going to be lack of centers rumors for the expansion.) Might be a weak spot to leverage In our favor.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Acquiring Boeser makes it that much more difficult to improve the centers at the top of the roster. We're running out of cap space. With Kaprizov, Fiala, Zuccarello and Boldy, I can't see where the glaringly obvious fit is for Boeser on the roster next season. To me, trading Dumba for Boeser would indicate that one of Fiala, Zuccarello or Boldy is gone. Or they have no confidence in Boldy whatsoever.
Or maybe Boldy will be tried at center?

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Dumba+Menell for Boeser might get it done, but that would hurt a bit. Addison would have to step right in and then we'd need to re-sign Cole. We'd absolutely have to trade Greenway+ or Fiala+ for a C to make this work though.

sisseton

Jan 12, 2012
Minnesota
Mar 22
“I’m not messing around,” Guerin said on KFAN this past weekend. “I’m not screwing around. We’re in this business to win. We desperately want to bring a championship to Minnesota, and I’m going to do whatever I have to do in order to do that. I’m not afraid to ruffle some feathers. … I’m not trying to be a bad guy or say things were done here poorly in the past here, but I have a different vision for the team, and I’m going to carry it out.”

Guerin: ‘I’m not afraid to ruffle some feathers’

Mar 30th

"I don't know how active we'll be," Guerin told the Star Tribune. "It really depends. I'm really happy with our team right now. I'm happy with the job our players have done, and obviously our coaches have done a great job. Chemistry-wise, I think our team's good. Unless something really makes us better, I don't really feel the need to disrupt this group."

Wild GM Bill Guerin talks trades, contracts and draft prep

So is he going to trade guy's on expiring contracts and or make trades for the future or is he not going to do anything since 8 days later he seems to like the team as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad