Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would consider giving up Boldy and Rossi for PLD. Wouldn't be crazy about it. Would prefer to give up Rossi and a 1st, and maybe a guy like Menell. As I've said before Dumba doesn't have much value at this point due to his contract and lack of production. CBJ would want a C back, or a high end C prospect.

Barzal you would definitely have to give both, and a first. It would be possible that Dumba could be included, since they wouldn't have to pay Barzal, but would NYI then lose him in the Seattle ED?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I don't think PLD get's that kind of return. Duchene didn't, ROR didn't either time he was traded, Seguin didn't.

When the few 1C types that have been moved got moved, it wasn't for top prospects. It was combo's of current players, good prospects, or former top prospects that had already started to show their warts in the NHL.

If the Wild were to make a move, it would be some combo of these assets I think:
Greenway
Dumba
JEE
Bonino
Jouhanson(Salary)
Beckman
Khovanov
Knusnutdinov
Addison
Menell
picks

Don't think the Wild or any team moves consensus top 15 prospects for him.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
I would not give up both 1sts for next year only because rumor has it he wants to be in a big city so giving up 2 1sts is a lot IMO for a guy under contract for 2 more years

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I mean, it's been noticed it impacted his game severely at BU. Which is why his game took off when moved to wing at BU.
I thought that was more of a line mate issue. When he played center was had lower quality linemates. When he was moved to wing he was playing with better players. Just what i've heard since I don't want college hockey till the frozen four.

Reactions: 2Pair

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Sounds like Corey Crawford is hanging them up. Missing from camp 2nd day in a row for personal reasons. Zajac's quotes imply he's deciding if he wants to play.

Goalie market exists of basically soley Jimmy Howard's corpse.

Time for some extortion Hammond for a 4th.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Sounds like Corey Crawford is hanging them up. Missing from camp 2nd day in a row for personal reasons. Zajac's quotes imply he's deciding if he wants to play.

Goalie market exists of basically soley Jimmy Howard's corpse.

Time for some extortion Hammond for a 4th.
Crawford should hang them up. He's done.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I mean, it's been noticed it impacted his game severely at BU. Which is why his game took off when moved to wing at BU.

Too many variables in play to safely conclude that playing center is what held him back, and the move to wing is what allowed him to take off. Not to mention this completely disregards the eye test,

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He still put up a .917 last year. Staying healthy has been his biggest problem. Him or Greiss were my preferred targets over the summer.
The defense in front of him was rather underrated. He was terrible in the playoffs in the summer too, but the defense in front of him made his job easier, his slowness was good enough that some said he played so great because of the "numbers" alone.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
The defense in front of him was rather underrated. He was terrible in the playoffs in the summer too, but the defense in front of him made his job easier, his slowness was good enough that some said he played so great because of the "numbers" alone.
Under-rated? They were last in basically any defensive statistic kept last year?

Shots against, scoring chances against, high danger scoring chances against, xGA/60. They managed to be only 6th worst in CA/60.

They let up a ton of shots, and a ton of high quality shots.

I mean, even Keith is a turnstyle at this point.

Look at their D zone shot chart

CHI

Pulling a .917 out of that is nothing short of impressive.

Reactions: 2Pair
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad