Proposal: Trade/FA Thread Offseason Edition Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
One thing in Bergevin's defense is it's a lot easier to use LTIR when you don't have any ELC contracts.

Because of Suzuki, Caufield and Romanov and the way rookie bonuses are structured under LTIR, it gets really complicated.

TB has zero ELC contracts on their roster. Foote played just enough games last year to get his feet wet, but ensuring he meets no bonuses. He's no longer on an ELC.

I would not be surprised at all if Montreal dead caps Weber (put on IR, but not LTIR) until trade deadline. I doubt it, but there's definitely a financial argument to do that.

Same. I don't think we have that much cap space right now than some would think.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

expy

Nov 2, 2010
How is Tampa Bay getting better when they've lost their entire 3rd line?

Toronto hasn't done jack shit, except lose Hyman.

Florida has gotten better.

Boston is getting older.

Most of the good moves has been from Western Conference teams.
I mean, we got worse, so far. The rumoured signings don’t help.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Before everyone starts celebrating Tamp Bay's move today.

This move has created exactly $1.121m in cap space for them.

They have 10 forwards, 5D, 1G signed.

If the 2 forwards, 1D & 1G they need all take league minimums that's a cap of $3m. They're still in cap hell.

They still need to move a contract OR get more LTIR.

Also, they have now lost their entire 3rd line & Johnson from their Stanley Cup teams. That's some serious depth.

They'll put Stamkos on LTIR until the playoffs and sign a bunch of veterans to 1 year get rich deals to replenish their depth. Scumbags will be 30M over the cap by the time the playoffs come around.

Reactions: dinodebino

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
They'll put Stamkos on LTIR until the playoffs and sign a bunch of veterans to 1 year get rich deals. Scumbags will be 30M over the cap by the time the playoffs come around.

You can't just randomly put a player on LTIR. He has to be actually injured, but, yes, the best move is to trade Stamkos or LTIRetire him.

Guy looked done in the playoffs. He still has his shot, but that's it. His speed is gone.

Reactions: Redux91

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
we just went to a cup final!
That's exactly why MB has to go all-in. We will never benefit from as much momentum as we have now to convince players to come play here. As good as last summer was for MB, it wouldn't be good enough this year. He needs to replace Weber adequately and get some serious punch up front now, or else it'll never happen, this is our window.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Yikes David Savard and Paquette are actually already signed from rumors

Awful decisions once again by Bergevin , guess he will never learn.

Atleast Danault is gone once for all.
didn't you say the exact same things about every single UFA, trades, signings, clothes, hairs cut of Bergevin ?

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Weber & Danault are big losses. No question. But, we've got money & cap space. Let's see what Bergevin can pull off.
They already got leaked
AHL WideMan
Extra Forward Paquette
Chariot clone #3 Savard.

0 3rd line center , 0 puck moving d-man

Unless DeAngelo sign with us i don't see any name out there available who can play defensively also. Shit aint looking good. With Armia and Drouin staying , we dont need wingers

Armia , Drouin Gallagher Toffoli Anderson and Caufield here is ur top 9 wingers.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They already got leaked
AHL WideMan
Extra Forward Paquette
Chariot clone #3 Savard.

0 3rd line center , 0 puck moving d-man

Unless DeAngelo sign with us i don't see any name out there available who can play defensively also. Shit aint looking good. With Armia and Drouin staying , we dont need wingers

Armia , Drouin Gallagher Toffoli Anderson and Caufield here is ur top 9 wingers.

Gonna have to be through trade.

Reactions: Milhouse40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad