Proposal: Trade/FA Thread Offseason Edition Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
Huh???

Look at Joe Thornton's numbers. They fell drastically right when he hit 36. From 82 points at 35 to 50 at 36.

Not sure how you're unaware that players in their late 30's often decline. Go look up your ass, if the information somehow isn't in your head.

Didn't know if you noticed, but Ovechkin is not the same person as Thornton?

Once again, you are making a lot of assumption and passing them off as facts. Some players decline at that age, others don't.

Ovechkin has had hardly any injuries throughout his career. The fact that you seem to be claiming he doesn't take fitness seriously is asinine. Completely false.

Maybe he does decline drastically? Who knows. Yet, you don't know that for sure and pretending like his body is just going to instantly fall apart is silly.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Provorov is the best dman between the two teams, but the only reason why they have better defence is that we lost our best dman. I absolutely get your point and agree with you, but using Philly as an example is not appropriate since I (along with many) think they have had a horrendous offseason.

Kulak will likely still be the 7th D and he's better than Yandle. Wideman is probably AHL bound. Ellis is great but Risto is not 2 1sts and a 2nd better than Savard.

Sorry but I don't think you know how bad Yandle is now. The guy was taken off the PP and replaced by Barkov in a position that he never played before and they looked so much better. They genuinely only played him for his iron man streak. If you thought ours was bad, then you haven't seen him or Risto play often because they are catastrophic.

It's not just this offseason....the point was all we got is excuses for the last 5 years and this d-squad is not getting any better especially offensively. We're looking for someone to run the PP since Markov is gone. Can't even get a bad options like Yandle.....they found worst....like Schlemko and Wideman.

Galchenyuk
McCarron
Scherback
Poehling
Ikonen
Brook
Juulsen
DeLarose
Fucale
Lehkonen
Collberg
Thrower

Here I just trade you 4 first round pick and 8 second round pick for Ristoleinen.....and I think it's pretty close, maybe a slight overpayment.

Stop being scared of given pick and stop thinking we're given away the future everytime.... they usually bust in the majority of the case and especially with the quality of our drafting squad.

Hell how manty times Bergevin trade a 2nd for a 3 and a 4th instead.

Reactions: Wats

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

Once again, you are making a lot of assumption and passing them off as facts. Some players decline at that age, others don't.

Ovechkin has had hardly any injuries throughout his career. The fact that you seem to be claiming he doesn't take fitness seriously is asinine. Completely false.

Maybe he does decline drastically? Who knows. Yet, you don't know that for sure and pretending like his body is just going to instantly fall apart is silly.
TBH Ovi plays a more physical game and if anything Power forwards are the ones whose games falls off a cliff the most and fastest so my money is that we see less production except where he has to stand still on the PP....but I mean look at that greek god physique

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It's not just this offseason....the point was all we got is excuses for the last 5 years and this d-squad is not getting any better especially offensively. We're looking for someone to run the PP since Markov is gone. Can't even get a bad options like Yandle.....they found worst....like Schlemko and Wideman.

Galchenyuk
McCarron
Scherback
Poehling
Ikonen
Brook
Juulsen
DeLarose
Fucale
Lehkonen
Collberg
Thrower

Here I just trade you 4 first round pick and 8 second round pick for Ristoleinen.....and I think it's pretty close, maybe a slight overpayment.

Stop being scared of given pick and stop thinking we're given away the future everytime.... they usually bust in the majority of the case and especially with the quality of our drafting squad.

Again man, I said I agree with you, but using Philly as an example is bad and Ristolainen sucks ass. They have Gustafsson who's the same level as Yandle.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor

Galchenyuk
McCarron
Scherback
Poehling
Ikonen
Brook
Juulsen
DeLarose
Fucale
Lehkonen
Collberg
Thrower

To add to this we have a very interesting prospect pool with a diverse group of players with very good NHL potential AND we have young star players already on the team coming into their own. I would 100% be willing to gamble future picks to add another guaranteed star player with what we have on this team and what we have waiting in the pool

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

First of all, I never said he will apart or will decline in production. I said it's possible.

Secondly, I never said he doesn't take fitness seriously. I said he's not a fitness freak like Chara and Jagr who played into there 40's.

Just silly that you can't differentiate between it's possible and it will.
View media item 9567View media item 9568View media item 9570View media item 9569

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I really hope not we looked dumb enough last time

I don't believe we looked dumb. Only the ones who hate Bergevin think that way. It was a fair contract with tons of signing bonus money up front. The offer sheet was not solely designed to be hostile but people assume it should be cause it's the only way it works. I get that but it doesn't always have to be hostile and you can offer sheet a player who is having contract difficulty with his current team. If it don't work, it's not an embarrassment, it's part of the CBA rules that is usually not used.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
TBH Ovi plays a more physical game and if anything Power forwards are the ones whose games falls off a cliff the most and fastest so my money is that we see less production except where he has to stand still on the PP....but I mean look at that greek god physique

His ability to shoot the puck and find open space isn't going anywhere imo. While his overall game may take a dip he's not exactly a well rounded player to begin with

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
First of all, I never said he will apart or will decline in production. I said it's possible.

Secondly, I never said he doesn't take fitness seriously. I said he's not a fitness freak like Chara and Jagr who played into there 40's.

Just silly that you can't differentiate between it's possible and it will.
View media item 9567View media item 9568View media item 9570View media item 9569

Body composition and body fat =/= fitness. The fact you think that means you are completely out of your element in this discussion.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I hope we offer sheet Pettersson. We have the $. Our draft pick selections suck, so I wouldn’t care so much about losing them. YOLO.

Either him, or get Eichel already…

And if you want to remain par for course (where we will likely be bottom dwellers), then trade Price to another team. Give the man a chance to win elsewhere. This will also help us ensure we get a chance to draft a Wright, etc.

Jul 6, 2016
TB are interested in Corey Perry. They saw him in two Finals and might like his attitude and leadership.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
People advocating for offersheets and paying futures for a star player.. I don't think they realize how close we are to a total collapse again.

Let this team actually make the play-offs on its own non-covid merit first.
Habs haven’t had a 1OA since 1980, despite many lean years. Probability it happens now is very low, it if there’s a collapse it’ll be just missing the playoffs.

Habs are not Wings, Sabres, Ana, LA, SJS bad..

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
People advocating for offersheets and paying futures for a star player.. I don't think they realize how close we are to a total collapse again.

Let this team actually make the play-offs on its own non-covid merit first.
We aren’t getting out of mediocrity without superstar talent up front, and you have to pay to play in that regard

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I hope we offer sheet Pettersson. We have the $. Our draft pick selections suck, so I wouldn’t care so much about losing them. YOLO.

Either him, or get Eichel already…

And if you want to remain par for course (where we will likely be bottom dwellers), then trade Price to another team. Give the man a chance to win elsewhere. This will also help us ensure we get a chance to draft a Wright, etc.

Hypothetical question... You are the Habs GM and the Sabres GM says OK to Kotkaniemi, Guhle, 1st, and Drouin but they say no protection on the 2022 1st. And you already know that Eichel will be out for most of the season. What is your reply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad