Proposal: Trade/FA Thread Offseason Edition Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tampa will end up with Getzlaf and Perry somehow.

Not sure why Perry hasn't been signed yet.

It would seem the closer we get to free agency, the more alternative options will seem enticing.

shao01

Aug 25, 2008
Montreal
With the right AAV/Term, I would be interested in Barrie. Better option than both Gusta and Deangelo. Risky types in their own end but could provide PP value. Wondering how Chiarot can shelter a soft RD with him at 5/5? It's anybody's guess
Exactly; he's one of the best PMDs possibly available.

I would even go 5.5M on a multi year deal

Reactions: Want My Dach x 77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not sure why Perry hasn't been signed yet.

It would seem the closer we get to free agency, the more alternative options will seem enticing.

He's going to get more offers this off season vs last off season. For that reason, it's smart for him to wait. Worse case, he will be able to sign for $750k.

He could be waiting to see who is willing to sign Getzlaf and he joins him. If the Habs loose Danault and both Getzlaf and Perry are interested in Montreal for one year, I'd make that move for sure

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Exactly; he's one of the best PMDs possibly available.

I would even go 5.5M on a multi year deal

I don't believe you have to go that high. If you do, you lower the term. If you go with term, lower the AAV.

He put up 23 pts on the PP in 56 games. That's 41% of his production. In his career, it's 152 PP points in 394 games (39%).

I'm interested but not desperate. Our PP will be different than the Avs, Leafs, and Oilers. He helps but he won't be a game changer. Probably provides slightly more value than Gusta

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Okay, so you admit you are just talking out of your ass and making assumptions?

Huh???

Look at Joe Thornton's numbers. They fell drastically right when he hit 36. From 82 points at 35 to 50 at 36.

Not sure how you're unaware that players in their late 30's often decline. Go look up your ass, if the information somehow isn't in your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad