Proposal: Trade/FA Thread Offseason Edition Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
That offer would be 4 1sts. For an offer sheet of six or seven years, the average annual value would be based on a five-year term.
If he signed a 5 year deal, could he just do an extension the following season? Some sort of side agreement

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
$10.255M / 7-years for 2-1st + 2nd + 3rd

Anything more is 4-1st...which might be worth it as well TBH
Offersheets are calculated like this

10.255 x 7
Divided by 5
14 mill
So 4 1st.
If you want 2 1st 12nd 1 3rd offer 5 years

Total Value:
$71,785,000
AAV Length Value:

Offer Sheet AAV:
$14,357,000

Reactions: salbutera

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
If Savard comes in at anything above 3mill it is an overpay. Anything above 3.5 per would be absolutely ridiculous.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

This is what I have been saying for a while now. They mutually agreed to Danault testing the market and talking again after he gets a feel for the market. It's a smart move by Bergevin IMO. I believe Bergevin knows the market more than Danault and his agent does. Meehan is going to push Danault to take the max contract cause he is paid a % but Danault is looking for best fit for his future with a good AAV. I don't believe Danault is going to sign on a non playoff team going nowhere.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
MB is gone after this year (or sooner) just offer sheet Svech, then Petey and then Hughes one after the next

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
If Savard comes in at anything above 3mill it is an overpay. Anything above 3.5 per would be absolutely ridiculous.
I take it you haven't seen what the market has been over the past couple days. :)

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Do you honestly believe Savard wouldn't get more than $3M on the market? Come on now. Be realistic. Market has gone back to it's crazy ways.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not to be a negative Nelly, but it looks more and more apparent that we're going to strike out in UFA for any key players and no player with a NMC (good ones) want to waive to come to Montreal. Looks like we're going to be a middling team which is the worst case scenario with the only bright spot being we underachieve and become a lottery team.

Fun while it lasted!

To be honest, UFA market spending is always risky anyways. Rarely works. It's best to engage on trades and wait for UFA's to run themselves out of the market (Toffoli for example). Anytime there is a player that has attention from several teams, it's always overpayment and it becomes bad contracts less than half way through. Not always the case but it usually is.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Ovechkin hasn't been a fitness freak like Chara and Jagr.

So it will be interesting to see how his body holds up during this contract, which will take from 36 years old through 40 years old.

If I were him, I'd get in the gym and follow a strict, healthy diet for the next 5 years if I want a shot at beating Gretzky's record.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Oh, 100%. I’m expecting to be pissed off at the deal.

If I was Bergevin, I'd let others talk to Savard and if he is still on the board after two days, give him a call. Do not sign him on day 1! Let him become humble.

I actually think Bergevin is looking at trades and to retain Danault and Armia.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Ellis is good. Risto is bad and that price was absolutely outrageous. Yandle is Gustafsson level bad.

Flyers defense is better than the Habs.....that's the end results.
Ellis, Risto, Yandle would make this defense better.
Other teams managed to get better....we don't

Do you think it's smarter to go with only Savard and Wideman instead?

Yandle is a much better option than Wideman
Risto and Ellis are better options than Savard.

Who's running our PP this year?
Yandle had 27 points last year....only 4 habs players had that much.

Yandle is bad defensively and Risto is not the best also....... I agree, but unless I missed something, last year we were the kings of d-zone dumb turnovers with supposedly great defensive d-man that can't put up any offensive on top of that. At least if our defensive squad were good in their zone.....but it's not the case. No offense, No defense

5 years man....we can't even get ONE defensive players able to bring some offensive like any of those 3 no matter how bad they are.

Reactions: habsfan891

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
If I was Bergevin, I'd let others talk to Savard and if he is still on the board after two days, give him a call. Do not sign him on day 1! Let him become humble.

I actually think Bergevin is looking at trades and to retain Danault and Armia.
Good ouch with the trades

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
Ovechkin hasn't been a fitness freak like Chara and Jagr.

So it will be interesting to see how his body holds up during this contract, which will take from 36 years old through 40 years old.

Based on what? Ovechkin has had one of the most injury-free prolific careers in the history of the NHL. How does that in any way suggest he doesn't take fitness seriously?

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
If Montreal had a live feed of their off-season "War room" online or on TV, I would be hooked watching that all day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad