Proposal: Trade/FA Thread Offseason Edition Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Flyers defense is better than the Habs.....that's the end results.
Ellis, Risto, Yandle would make this defense better.
Other teams managed to get better....we don't

Do you think it's smarter to go with only Savard and Wideman instead?

Yandle is a much better option than Wideman
Risto and Ellis are better options than Savard.

Who's running our PP this year?
Yandle had 27 points last year....only 4 habs players had that much.

Yandle is bad defensively and Risto is not the best also....... I agree, but unless I missed something, last year we were the kings of d-zone dumb turnovers with supposedly great defensive d-man that can't put up any offensive on top of that. At least if our defensive squad were good in their zone.....but it's not the case. No offense, No defense

5 years man....we can't even get ONE defensive players able to bring some offensive like any of those 3 no matter how bad they are.
Yandle and risto are tire fires in their own end. But the do poses the ability to move the puck

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ovechkin hasn't been a fitness freak like Chara and Jagr.

So it will be interesting to see how his body holds up during this contract, which will take from 36 years old through 40 years old.

It all depends on what team he plays on and how the Caps can retain talent. Ovechkin's shot is where he makes his money and that's not going away for a while. If he is on a strong PP, he will put up goals and points.

17 pts and 9 goals on the PP last year. That's 40% of his production which is well above the NHL average. In his career, he has 499 PP points in 1320 games (38%).

Garry Valk

Feb 27, 2002
thedrivefortwentyfive.blogspot.com
You'd think that something like that would be on mainstream media?

Btw.. How do you know they weren't best friends.. Have anything on that? This goes both ways ya know?
No, it doesn’t. The mainstream media isn’t required to negate every rumour. That’s not how news works. It’s on the reader to have an objective brain and realize when you’re reading crap.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
MB is gone after this year (or sooner) just offer sheet Svech, then Petey and then Hughes one after the next
Unless rules have changed since the Aho OS, the other team has 7 days to match the offer and during that time the picks involved cannot be used for another trade or OS. Other teams could join the party really quickly.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Ovechkin hasn't been a fitness freak like Chara and Jagr.

So it will be interesting to see how his body holds up during this contract, which will take from 36 years old through 40 years old.

If I were him, I'd get in the gym and follow a strict, healthy diet for the next 5 years if I want a shot at beating Gretzky's record.
I don’t think he’s a fitness freak, I think quite the opposite. I think he is naturally gifted beast but parties like an animal.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Flyers defense is better than the Habs.....that's the end results.
Ellis, Risto, Yandle would make this defense better.
Other teams managed to get better....we don't

Do you think it's smarter to go with only Savard and Wideman instead?

Yandle is a much better option than Wideman
Risto and Ellis are better options than Savard.

Who's running our PP this year?
Yandle had 27 points last year....only 4 habs players had that much.

Yandle is bad defensively and Risto is not the best also....... I agree, but unless I missed something, last year we were the kings of d-zone dumb turnovers with supposedly great defensive d-man that can't put up any offensive on top of that. At least if our defensive squad were good in their zone.....but it's not the case. No offense, No defense

5 years man....we can't even get ONE defensive players able to bring some offensive like any of those 3 no matter how bad they are.
Provorov is the best dman between the two teams, but the only reason why they have better defence is that we lost our best dman. I absolutely get your point and agree with you, but using Philly as an example is not appropriate since I (along with many) think they have had a horrendous offseason.

Kulak will likely still be the 7th D and he's better than Yandle. Wideman is probably AHL bound. Ellis is great but Risto is not 2 1sts and a 2nd better than Savard.

Sorry but I don't think you know how bad Yandle is now. The guy was taken off the PP and replaced by Barkov in a position that he never played before and they looked so much better. They genuinely only played him for his iron man streak. If you thought ours was bad, then you haven't seen him or Risto play often because they are catastrophic.

Reactions: shanewalsh

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Any chance of seeing Perry and Getzlaf sign together as a package deal? (Not speaking of MTL, but in the league)
You never know. Sounds like Perry is getting a lot of interest from Tampa, maybe Getzy joins him on a cheap deal

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Based on what? Ovechkin has had one of the most injury-free prolific careers in the history of the NHL. How does that in any way suggest he doesn't take fitness seriously?

It's a whole different ball game in your late 30's. You'll see if you haven't gotten there yet.

Reactions: DavePeak

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Yandle and risto are tire fires in their own end. But the do poses the ability to move the puck

You also missed last year...and the better part of the last 5 years?

Habs D-squad are a tire fires in their own zone too and have been for the majority of the last 5 years.....at least those guys bring more offensive than any D not named Petry.

We don't even have 1 D able to run the PP (Petry is not good at that....obviously considering our results)
Two of those guys would be better. We couldn't find one just slightly better than what we have in 5 years....aiming for perfection is a long shot from where we stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad