Proposal: Trade/FA Thread '21 Offseason Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You are absolutely right.

Also if Nashville goes into a rebuild or retool , id love Forsberg trade for a year if we can manage a decent deal. He's LW something we need
There is no chance we get Forsberg+extension without including Caufield. Our best chance is to overpay for him without the extension and hope he resigns later. He would definitely want out of Nashville though.

Forsberg-Suzuki-Caufield would be pretty damn sexy.

I would also gamble on 1 year of Jones without the extension too if we can't sign anyone in FA.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I feel like Mason Appleton would have been a very solid addition to the bottom 6 and likely for very cheap.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
In not trading Allen, I wonder if the Habs have made progress in negotiations with the Kraken to keep him?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
on 2nd thought, it's not a bad gamble by Vegas IF patrick can stay healthy. It's basically a flip of top 10 picks from 2017 and Patrick actually has better NHL numbers when healthy.
all 3 of vegas 1st round picks from 2011 now gone

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
There is no chance we get Forsberg+extension without including Caufield. Our best chance is to overpay for him without the extension and hope he resigns later. He would definitely want out of Nashville though.

Forsberg-Suzuki-Caufield would be pretty damn sexy.

I would also gamble on 1 year of Jones without the extension too if we can't sign anyone in FA.
yeah Forsberg should be a target imo , im sure we could work something with 1st 2021 a prospect and a cap player
A year of Jones could be nice but I don't think he wants to play in a canadian team :(

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Lots of moves but wonder if Bergy knows what direction he is heading.

Also if rumors of him just finishing his contract are true, is there actually a plan.

Add in recent Weber news and Drouin uncertainty, MTL could have cap space or not

A short off season and little time to digest all this

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
yeah Forsberg should be a target imo , im sure we could work something with 1st 2021 a prospect and a cap player
A year of Jones could be nice but I don't think he wants to play in a canadian team :(
The ask for him with an extension would be crazy. I'd still like Jones on a 1 year. If Weber comes back for the playoffs, our defense suddenly gets very good. Hamilton doesn't produce that much in the playoffs (kinda like Petry) but Jones is a playoff monster. Even if he won't resign, I feel like he could be a good add to this year.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I like that trade for the Preds. They get a 6'5" 24 year old dman signed for 2 more years @ 2.55m and a good young center prospect while moving out the remaining 6 years @ 6.25m of the 30 year old Ellis contract. Ellis is the best player in this trade but still a good deal for the Preds IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad