Trade, FA, Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
There are some things I would have liked to have seen done a little differently. But he has met my list of requirements, maybe even exceeded them a bit. I had hopes for more, but I didn't really expect even as much as we got. :thumbu:

Agreed.....I’m very pleased so far

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We also signed the pending UFA DeMelo which isn't nothing. According to Luszlzyszyn's wins added model the Jets are the 6th most improved team so far this offseason.

NHL offseason by the numbers: Which teams have improved the most (and least)?

Funny people ignore the facts, Chevy has had a very good offseason so far. Grand slam would be getting a top 4 LHD

There are some things I would have liked to have seen done a little differently. But he has met my list of requirements, maybe even exceeded them a bit. I had hopes for more, but I didn't really expect even as much as we got. :thumbu:

When you look at how tough it’s been to get things done Chevy has had a solid off season to date in my opinion.

Reactions: KingBogo

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Chevy has a lot of patience and I don't think he is done yet. A blockbuster wouldn't surprise me but I think we for sure see a 2LHD here before the season opens.

I'd bet he has deals he could pull for one right now but he doesn't like the deal for whatever reason. He'll make the deal when he thinks he is getting what he wants for as much as he wants to pay, be it term, money, players or whatever.

Last year Laine said he wanted first line minutes.
This year his agent is saying it.
Say what you want about Wheeler being a better RWer, Laine is an up and coming star for years to come and I wouldn't trade him unless the deal was an absolute steal. He could easily surpass 90 points playing with Scheif for years and he isn't that much worse defensieivly than Wheeler if he is at all. He will get better defensively with more experience as well.
If the right deal comes along, I think Laine is gone but Chevy is rightfully asking for a LOT.
Bergevin made a quite respectful comment when asked if he were interested in Laine...he said something like it would gut the team to acquire a talent like that. He asked, Chevy answered and he didn't like the answer...probably by a Suzuki or so.

The Panthers have some interesting pieces for a blockbuster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad