Trade, FA and Rumours 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I’d be asking the GMs what I could get for Stanley on a one for one trade
I still don't know if he asked to be traded. I mean the media reported that everyone here wanted to be traded in the preseason. And nobody got traded.

Definitely a player you listen to offers for at this time, with such a thin draft board for 2023 already. But then if you keep him for the playoffs (Jim Mora voice), could he obtain one of those late 30s, early 40s picks the Jets might want at the draft?

#64 has helped the team in the playoffs before, that's the one thing that sticks with me. If the Jets want to keep Josh Morrissey off the PK to keep him fresh, Stanley has shown he can play there, after the whole development process. Capo has too but to a lesser extent. Heinola is still unproven, if he was given special teams opportunities, most likely be on the PP.

I just wonder if Logan Stanley got traded to Florida could he beat out Marc Staal as a top 4 d-man? Maurice seemed to like him.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Anyone else remember the 2021 Playoff final 2 years ago?

That's right... It was Tampa Vs. Montreal.

1677816663767.jpeg

1677816851421.jpeg

No. Thats not what I'm saying..

What im saying is...

Have you seen the West?

1677818397666.jpeg

Not only is there a chance, but there's a much better chance if Chevy goes out and adds another player in addition to Nino Niederreiter. Especially with 37 in net.

Dont swim half way to the island and swim back Chevy.

1677818758280.jpeg

Last edited:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Especially make all the decisions without a wide range of thinking from all sources that can bring relative information to the table.
I never said he shouldnt listen to anyone but the decision is absolutely his... thats why you have a GM

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I'm starting to hope to get Conor Garlund. Almost as many goals as Boeser but looks to be better defensively.

And I think the cost to get him would be less than Boeser.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Okay the TDL is now upon us. Does Chevy have anything up his sleeve? I guess we will soon find out?

It will be interesting to see what happens to the prices today. It been a pretty nice sellers market so far. Can’t believe how much posting volume this thread has seen. I was away from the site for most of yesterday and can’t catch up.

Reactions: Dirtbag151

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It will be interesting to see what happens to the prices today. It been a pretty nice sellers market so far. Can’t believe how much posting volume this thread has seen. I was away from the site for most of yesterday and can’t catch up.
I usually just work backwards if I haven't been around for a bit and then stop when I feel I'm up to speed on the various conversations.

Reactions: ps241

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Capfriendly has had a string of interesting (at least to me) summary of events so far

needless to say..... it's been busiest week-leading-upto the TDL
BOS & TBL clearly going for the gusto

Reactions: JetsUK

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I think Chevy will add a forward. My guess is JVR for Stanley and another prospect.
I hope we can add Boeser or Schmaltz somehow as part of a bigger trade with those teams.
I highly doubt he does nothing. If he does the players won't be impressed.

The players may not be impressed if Chevy does nothing more, but that's on them. Given the way they have been playing lately, there is IMO no doubt that the players have given Chevy pause as to if this team can win anything. If we were still first in the Central or even the West, Chevy probably would have done more by now. But, today we are just the Calgary Flames away from missing the playoffs. What Chevy thought about his team and what he is seeing on the ice probably doesn't mesh right now.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I think Chevy will add a forward. My guess is JVR for Stanley and another prospect.
I hope we can add Boeser or Schmaltz somehow as part of a bigger trade with those teams.

Agree, good thoughts.

Do you think it would take Stanley + for a rental JVR?

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Agree, good thoughts.

Do you think it would take Stanley + for a rental JVR?
Hard to gauge Stanley’s value. I get the sense Chevy wants to hang on to picks.

The players may not be impressed if Chevy does nothing more, but that's on them. Given the way they have been playing lately, there is IMO no doubt that the players have given Chevy pause as to if this team can win anything. If we were still first in the Central or even the West, Chevy probably would have done more by now. But, today we are just the Calgary Flames away from missing the playoffs. What Chevy thought about his team and what he is seeing on the ice probably doesn't mesh right now.
Every team goes through slumps in season. If you add Nino Perfetti and say JVR to our lineup come playoff time this team has a good chance. West is wide open, Colorado looks like they’re coming into form and will be tough though.
Jvr Scheif wheeler
Connor PLD Ehlers
Perfetti Lowry Nino
Apples Stenlund Barron

Not too shabby

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I never said he shouldnt listen to anyone but the decision is absolutely his... thats why you have a GM
Lol OK but if half of the people in management think one way, and the other half something else, that would be internal debate, no?

If half of my team in my department are against an idea I have, that's going to give me pause. That doesn't mean I don't have the final decision

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
In truth we are a bubble team that had a good start to the season. But we have dropped down to the approx same tier as we ended last season. We could go for it and trade the 2023 and 2024 1sts but on whom and how much better does that make us? If we miss the playoffs we will have a 12-16 pick in a very strong draft that might be equivalent to a 7-10 in average years. If we do end up rebuilding next season we could be a lottery team and be giving up a top 5 pick. And if Chevy was going to sell the only real option was PLD which a case could be made for but we needed to make this decision earlier. The TD isn’t really the time to make a franchise changing decision on your future direction of your team when you are firmly in the middle ground.

I think the losing skid + the pending contract status of key assets has heightened the emotion for many Jets fans for this years trade deadline. I don’t recall it being quite this intense previous seasons.

On the one hand it’s legit this could be a cross roads, however trade deadline is what it is. For the most part it’s for tweaking/augmenting. We have done some of that with Nino already. I am hoping for a move still but my belief is we are winning or losing with what we have now for better or worse.

I would imagine we will see some activity but time will tell.

Hard to gauge Stanley’s value. I get the sense Chevy wants to hang on to picks.

Every team goes through slumps in season. If you add Nino Perfetti and say JVR to our lineup come playoff time this team has a good chance. West is wide open, Colorado looks like they’re coming into form and will be tough though.
Jvr Scheif wheeler
Connor PLD Ehlers
Perfetti Lowry Nino
Apples Stenlund Barron

Not too shabby

Hey hey look who’s here!

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I like the detailed prediction.

I would like Schmaltz but that slap shot he took to the face looked rough. Haven’t heard any updates.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I think the losing skid + the pending contract status of key assets has heightened the emotion for many Jets fans for this years trade deadline. I don’t recall it being quite this intense previous seasons.

On the one hand it’s legit this could be a cross roads, however trade deadline is what it is. For the most part it’s for tweaking/augmenting. We have done some of that with Nino already. I am hoping for a move still but my belief is we are winning or losing with what we have now for better or worse.

I would imagine we will see some activity but time will tell.

Hey hey look who’s here!
Lol. I thought why not, I’ll be another guy throwing mud at wall with unrealistic trades!
I think the window is closing with this group. So go all in with Helly in his prime, take your best shot as this summer you’ll see some moves with contracts expiring.

Reactions: ps241

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I'm starting to hope to get Conor Garlund. Almost as many goals as Boeser but looks to be better defensively.

And I think the cost to get him would be less than Boeser.
Agreed. Thats who im hoping for. If the Jets need to rebuild after this season or next, I can still see him being part of the rebuild. The room may not be as impressed as a veteran "JVR" type player but I think it makes more sense.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Locked to focus the talk to one thread today, I'll re-open after the deadline.

Reactions: Jet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad