Trade, FA and Rumours 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
These are pretty loose definition of a scoring forward. They aren't bad middle 6 options.
Well then who else could it be there’s no scoring forwards available especially at this time of the year if they’re not considering these players as scoring forwards.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
That is also on him

There comes a time when you just absolutely go balls to the wall and try to win it

The rest is absolutely wide open if we picked up some good players like the containers in the east and we can easily make the Stanley Cup final on the season would be a huge success in a seven game series after everyone’s tired add few injuries it’s anybody’s cup
I mean colorado is still really good, nothing easy about it

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Maybe I shouldn’t of said easily with a lot of improvements we have the best shot that the Jets Have ever had
this will be the last shot for a while, but not the, the best was in 17-18 where we actually had f***ing depth, something we haven't had for years...

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
this will be the last shot for a while, but not the, the best was in 17-18 where we actually had f***ing depth, something we haven't had for years...
If Chevy does the deadline right we can have the depth and this will be the best shot because the west is a lot weaker than it was in 1718

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I'm hoping for a bigger add better then any of those 3, but I also expect a couple last minute scraps that help a little.
yeah, I hope for something bigger, maybe move heinola for a forward with term. but if that can't happen I would be fine with jvr + sheary because they can actually add some bottom six scoring something I feel has really really hurt this team

Reactions: KingBogo

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
We have a bad bottom-6 partially because of fewer picks. It's also bad because Chevy and scouts had a bad 2016 (after non-brainer Laine) and bad 2017 draft.
Hmmm… agree and disagree.

The draft is supposed to give you 2 NHL’ers each year. Those drafts did that.

2016 gave Laine and Stanley.

2017 gave Samberg and Kovacevic. Vesalainen we can consider a bust, but he’s still played 70 games in NHL and still Jets property. Plus it also gave us Gawanke and Holm who are contributing well on Moose.

Having said all that… what do we have to show for these two drafts today? Well… Laine turned into PLD. Samberg is doing good. Losing Kovacevic for nothing was a big fail by Chevy.
most of those picks traded away would take years to develop into nhl players if they would even make it...
22 draft has 4 players play a game in the nhl for a total of 50 games 39 coming from slafkovsky
21 draft 0 players after the 2nd round have made the nhl
20 3 players have played over 10 games after the 2nd round
19 10 players play over 10 games after the 2nd round
18 22 players have played over 10 games from the after the 2nd round and one of them is on the jets

don't really see how you can say that trading away these picks has contributed to us having a poor bottom six when the majority of these picks have yet to make any nhl team and those that have have not contributed much at all
Interesting exercise. These are who the traded away picks ended up becoming. Jets would have Nick Suzuki and Rasmus Sandin if they didn’t trade their original picks.

2nd = Pascal Laberge, AHL player (DeBrincat went 3 picks later)

1st round trade down = Nick Suzuki, significant NHL player

1st = Rasmus Sandin, LHD played 140 games with Leafs
4th = Milos Roman, currently playing in Czech

3rd = Michael Vukojevic, AHL player
6th = Karel Plasek, playing in Czech but is signed by Canucks
7th = Kieran Ruscheinski, playing in NCAA

3rd = Leevi Merilainen, KHL player
4th = Jack Smith, U of Minnesota
7th = Wyatt Schingoethe, Western Michigan University

4th = Redmond Savage, Miami (OH) University
6th = Connor Lockhart, OHL
7th = Braden Hache, OHL

5th = Cameron O’Neill, WHL

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Hmmm… agree and disagree.

The draft is supposed to give you 2 NHL’ers each year. Those drafts did that.

2016 gave Laine and Stanley.

2017 gave Samberg and Kovacevic. Vesalainen we can consider a bust, but he’s still played 70 games in NHL and still Jets property. Plus it also gave us Gawanke and Holm who are contributing well on Moose.

Having said all that… what do we have to show for these two drafts today? Well… Laine turned into PLD. Samberg is doing good. Losing Kovacevic for nothing was a big fail by Chevy.

Interesting exercise. These are who the traded away picks ended up becoming. Jets would have Nick Suzuki and Rasmus Sandin if they didn’t trade their original picks.

2nd = Pascal Laberge, AHL player (DeBrincat went 3 picks later)

1st round trade down = Nick Suzuki, significant NHL player

1st = Rasmus Sandin, LHD played 140 games with Leafs
4th = Milos Roman, currently playing in Czech

3rd = Michael Vukojevic, AHL player
6th = Karel Plasek, playing in Czech but is signed by Canucks
7th = Kieran Ruscheinski, playing in NCAA

3rd = Leevi Merilainen, KHL player
4th = Jack Smith, U of Minnesota
7th = Wyatt Schingoethe, Western Michigan University

4th = Redmond Savage, Miami (OH) University
6th = Connor Lockhart, OHL
7th = Braden Hache, OHL

5th = Cameron O’Neill, WHL
ok suzuki could have helped but we used that pick to protect out team from the expansion draft and we traded the sandin pick for stastny, a deadline deal I would do in a heartbeat again

and I guess thank you proving my point that trading those picks didn't have an effect on why our bottom six is bad...

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I’d be asking the GMs what I could get for Stanley on a one for one trade
You would make a terrible GM. You NEVER ask what you can get for a player … it sounds like you are trying to dump him.
If you want the highest return for Stanley you tell them he is off the table unless you blow me away with an offer.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'll reserve my judgment until tomorrow, but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this deadline. We either need to go for it or sell off. Doing nothing gets us nowhere and loses my interest.
So you’re good either way as long as it keeps your interest? Kind of like a new Netflix series.

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

PitbulI

Dec 22, 2010
I'll reserve my judgment until tomorrow, but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this deadline. We either need to go for it or sell off. Doing nothing gets us nowhere and loses my interest.
You're right about doing nothing gets us nowhere. You can't keep saying "We're confident in the group we have" which is such a lame excuse for not getting anything done. Boston is the Cup favorite but still improved their team.

Even if the Jets don't win the cup, winning in the playoffs does something. Boosts team confidence, tells a story about a good team some players might want to be a part of when Free Agency hits.

Back in 2018, the Jets were a really good team and did bring in Stastny which made us better. The Hayes trade seemed more like a consolation prize for getting nothing done but Chevy knew he had to do something.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I wouldn't trade Lambert. If it starts to click for him he has all the tools to be absolutely elite. Id sooner be patient and work with him on his development to see where it can go. Lucius is a guy I can see potentially as trade bait

Reactions: Lions67

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018
So you’re good either way as long as it keeps your interest? Kind of like a new Netflix series.
It's not about entertainment but needing to see direction. The team is going nowhere as is. We either need to improve it or start rebuilding to move forward in a positive way.

Watching a team that clearly can't win that isn’t building towards anything is just depressing.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
Classic Chevy. He will wait til the final couple hours and then deal for a middle 6 forward and 2nd pairing D.
Anaheim, Arizona, Chicago, Columbus, Detroit, Florida, Nashville, Philly, San Jose, St. Louis, Vancouver all in play as trade partners. Plenty of options still available.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It's not about entertainment but needing to see direction. The team is going nowhere as is. We either need to improve it or start rebuilding to move forward in a positive way.

Watching a team that clearly can't win that isn’t building towards anything is just depressing.
In truth we are a bubble team that had a good start to the season. But we have dropped down to the approx same tier as we ended last season. We could go for it and trade the 2023 and 2024 1sts but on whom and how much better does that make us? If we miss the playoffs we will have a 12-16 pick in a very strong draft that might be equivalent to a 7-10 in average years. If we do end up rebuilding next season we could be a lottery team and be giving up a top 5 pick. And if Chevy was going to sell the only real option was PLD which a case could be made for but we needed to make this decision earlier. The TD isn’t really the time to make a franchise changing decision on your future direction of your team when you are firmly in the middle ground.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
WOW! Chevy seems to have the same take on this team as me and I get critisized on this board for "throwing in the towel" on the season.
you wanted to sell... and he Reiterated they are “definitely in the market for scoring forward”.

Reactions: Nedarb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad