Rumor: Trade Eberle Rumor Part 2: Eklund Cash In

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
So you're saying Fucale will suck and nothing will come from that 2nd?
Also, you're ignoring the fact Yakupov has been sucking since last season. His attitude is also questionable. Then there's the fact his contract is coming to an end this season and if things don't work for him in the NHL, he could very well bolt to Russia.
So, it could end up being a steal for Mtl, assuming Yakupov blossoms into what he's supposed to be. Or, it could end up losing assets for nothing.

Goodness gracious. If you're going to pull the whole "bolt to Russia" crap, I won't take you seriously. DD has negative trade value, Fucale holds negligible trade value, and a ton of organizations have similar prospects so that leaves the oh-so-valuable 2nd round pick who will likely never see NHL ice. Dude, come on. Even I'm starting to get sick of the bias from many Habs fans. Imagine someone suggested that package for Galchenyuk - they'd be ripped to shreds. Obviously Chucky holds more value than Yak right now, but you can't possibly believe that the package proposed comes close to Yakupov. It's opinions like that that lead people to laugh at Habs fans. So a centre with no value to Edmonton + a goalie who MIGHT help them in many years + a pick that will likely never make the NHL for a potential star...

They want a center if MB can convince mac T that DD is decent then maybe it works. EDM would love to have a goalie like fucale in their pipeline. And the second is good in the years draft.

Fucale holds negligible trade value. I doubt they care about Fucale because he does nothing for them in the foreseeable future. And DD would be atrocious on the Oilers - they need a big, strong two way centre, not the polar opposite.

What the hell am I reading? We give away one of the best goalie prospects in the CHL, a proven 2 way center , and a draft pick.. for a guy who hasn't done anything but went high in the draft?

Yeah, makes sense.... lol

:biglaugh:

I don't think I even need to bother explaining it to you. DD a two way centre....... Oh dear. :laugh:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Goodness gracious. If you're going to pull the whole "bolt to Russia" crap, I won't take you seriously. DD has negative trade value, Fucale holds negligible trade value, and a ton of organizations have similar prospects so that leaves the oh-so-valuable 2nd round pick who will likely never see NHL ice. Dude, come on. Even I'm starting to get sick of the bias from many Habs fans. Imagine someone suggested that package for Galchenyuk - they'd be ripped to shreds. Obviously Chucky holds more value than Yak right now, but you can't possibly believe that the package proposed comes close to Yakupov. It's opinions like that that lead people to laugh at Habs fans. So a centre with no value to Edmonton + a goalie who MIGHT help them in many years + a pick that will likely never make the NHL for a potential star...

Fucale holds negligible trade value. I doubt they care about Fucale because he does nothing for them in the foreseeable future. And DD would be atrocious on the Oilers - they need a big, strong two way centre, not the polar opposite.

:biglaugh:

I don't think I even need to bother explaining it to you. DD a two way centre....... Oh dear. :laugh:

please do :laugh:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
please do :laugh:

Alright, well Fucale is NOT one of the best goalie prospects in the world. DD is NOT a proven two way centre. And a 2nd round pick holds little value. Yakupov is a potential star. Not overly complicated, but I suppose repeating what I already said (in a post you quoted) is fun. My oh my, some of you Habs fans are beyond reason. And I fight a lot with other fan bases (usually defending Habs). Though I suppose every board gets like this, but frankly the fact that anyone tries to justify that trade offer is hilarious (but also a little embarrassing for rational Habs fans).

Habs Junkie

Feb 24, 2009
Montreal
We don't need a huge trade. I'm happy with this team the way it is, except one obvious hole on the team. Let's call it #problem51
It's simple, you get rid of him for whatever you can get, hopefully draft pick or prospect. You then use some assets and you go get a forward that can fit on the top 2 lines. A hard nosed veteran wing. Ex: Iginla, Doan, Jagr.. Way cheaper then the Yakupovs and Eberles of the world.

Our forward lines would mold perfectly, we would be bigger, tougher and have skill.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-trade
Parenteau-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Prust-Eller-Sekac
Bournival-Malholtra-Weise

And this is the type of forward core you go after the cup with

Our D is fine, even though I believe we were better off with Tinordi and Beaulieu over Allen and Gonchar. But it goes to show you we have depth in this position and will be ready come playoffs.

Last but not least we have Carey Price!

No doubt in my mind we can win a Cup this year. Therrien's use of #problem51 is my only concern.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Chucky + DD + Tinordi
for
RNH + Perron ?

Patch-RNH-Gally
Perron-Pleks-Pareanteau
Prust-Eller-Sekac
Bourni-Malholtra-Weise

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
RNH doesn't impress me much more than Galchenyuk, and he lacks any sort of physicality, which Galchenyuk is showing he possesses (Chucky is also considerably larger).

Tinordi is too valuable to our team IMO, I wouldn't trade him 1 for 1 for Perron. Lastly, I hate DD as much as anyone but as far as I'm concerned this is literally giving him away.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Alright, well Fucale is NOT one of the best goalie prospects in the world. DD is NOT a proven two way centre. And a 2nd round pick holds little value. Yakupov is a potential star. Not overly complicated, but I suppose repeating what I already said (in a post you quoted) is fun. My oh my, some of you Habs fans are beyond reason. And I fight a lot with other fan bases (usually defending Habs). Though I suppose every board gets like this, but frankly the fact that anyone tries to justify that trade offer is hilarious (but also a little embarrassing for rational Habs fans).

well, yeah! I'm beyond reason... but not on that one. Had you read anything I said in other threads about DD, you'd know I'm not in that group on the matter.

Just wanted to see someone trying to explain to another user how he can be wrong in thinking DD is a 2 way C (a proven one at that LOL) :naughty:

HabsFan76

Nov 3, 2011
Canada
Are you using the worst trade this 100-year old franchise ever did as an exemple for real?

You missed the point. We as fans have a tendency to overvalue our players with potential and expect that other teams will pay a premium to acquire them. It isn't out of question for a player with good potential to be traded by a GM for less than his perceived value if management believes he won't fulfill his potential anyways case in point the McDonagh/Gomez trade. Same thing can happen if Yakupov is traded. I wouldn't be surprised if he is traded for a package considered lower than his actual value.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
RNH doesn't impress me much more than Galchenyuk, and he lacks any sort of physicality, which Galchenyuk is showing he possesses (Chucky is also considerably larger).

Tinordi is too valuable to our team IMO, I wouldn't trade him 1 for 1 for Perron. Lastly, I hate DD as much as anyone but as far as I'm concerned this is literally giving him away.

Fair enough. It's just that we have different views on Nuge. I find him to be much more cerebral and patient with the puck than Chucky. Perron holds way more value than DD. As far as Tinordi, I see him developing into a second pair D, probably as a #4.

Saintpatrick*

Are you using the worst trade this 100-year old franchise ever did as an exemple for real?

Not the worst maybe top 5 but definitely not the worst.

Roy trade
Chelios trade
Turgeon trade
Leclair trade
Mcdo trade

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
well, yeah! I'm beyond reason... but not on that one. Had you read anything I said in other threads about DD, you'd know I'm not in that group on the matter.

Just wanted to see someone trying to explain to another user how he can be wrong in thinking DD is a 2 way C (a proven one at that LOL) :naughty:

:facepalm: Woops. :laugh:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not the worst maybe top 5 but definitely not the worst.

Roy trade
Chelios trade
Turgeon trade
Leclair trade
Mcdo trade

Speaking of worse trades has Edmonton moved anything yet?
Tell their trainer not to answer his phone he may get the axe just to show mangement is active. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad