Trade Deadline

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Lol you might as well get them for free at that price

I was not going to speculate on the picks part, if that is what you are referring to; just the players I think the wolves need.
Papineau is apparently asking too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: EvenSteven

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
I was not going to speculate on the picks part, if that is what you are referring to; just the players I think the wolves need.
Papineau is apparently asking too much.

Any decent GM is going to ask for more than the going rate just in case a GM loves a player and will pay the higher price, especially when there is a bidding war as there is now. We’ve seen this before in every market and we’ve seen some ridiculous deals. I suspect the price comes down on Monday because the GMs aren’t as dumb as they used to be……or maybe he’ll find one who is.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Any decent GM is going to ask for more than the going rate just in case a GM loves a player and will pay the higher price, especially when there is a bidding war as there is now. We’ve seen this before in every market and we’ve seen some ridiculous deals. I suspect the price comes down on Monday because the GMs aren’t as dumb as they used to be……or maybe he’ll find one who is.

I can understand asking a bit high, but if the ask is; Beck, Sharpe, 2-2nds for Thompson, I walk away without considering a counter-offer.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I can understand asking a bit high, but if the ask is; Beck, Sharpe, 2-2nds for Thompson, I walk away without considering a counter-offer.
Well it happens to us all the time. Missy did rape us in the Leblanc deal. We paid dearly for that. Leblanc was a better fit for us than Carrick was for two months. Then the amount of picks we gave up plus the 3 years Leblanc dominated us. Man that was a tough one to watch for years. So maybe just maybe Sudbury can actually get that kind of deal for Thompson as pay back.

WJ

Reactions: howlman

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Declan McDonnell to Barrie from a trusted source. Not sure when it will be announced or what the return will look like.

BogeyJ

Jan 5, 2016
I've been checking the draft database and I can't seem to find anything that is up to date. Anyone know if there is one accessible?

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Any clear cut to be expected sellers for next year?

hoping for a better buyers market with more names than this past deadline

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Soo will be retooling but we don't have much in the way of returning assets to deal away at the deadline next year. Perhaps Tynan if proves his worth between now and then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad