Trade Deadline

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
He eligible

I think anyone with a signed NHL contract that is playing in the NHL or the AHL is not eligible to play in the Olympics so Krebs, Quinn and Perfetti are NOT eligible and McTavish IS eligible. They should have the team named in a couple of weeks.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
All kidding aside, what is about to be a fire sale in barrie is because of 1 reason and 1 reason only.

the owner isn’t making money with no fans. If his team is poor the year everything finally opens, not as many fans will be attending the games.

It’s all money

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
Xhekaj to HAM
Olausson to OSH
Now that I see what Hamilton gave up - I'm OK with the Battalion not getting Xhekaj. Geez - if North Bay getting Tarasevich from Sarnia for an 8th round pick was a fleecing of the Sting on Adam Dennis' part, then what was the deal Hamilton made for Xhekaj - straight up robbery? Kitchener traded away their "loose cannon" of a player to get Hamilton's loose cannon in Mutter - only Hamilton was perfectly willing to give a small suitcase of picks from the 1st 4 rounds in this deal too? Props for Kitchener getting what they did....the surprise for me is there was a team out there willing to pay such a high asking price for a player who only has half a season of Jr. hockey (plus any playoff run ) remaining in their career. You'd think Hamilton was dealing for McTavish or something....g tI think this deal is going to wind up biting the Bulldogs in the backside long term.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Now that I see what Hamilton gave up - I'm OK with the Battalion not getting Xhekaj. Geez - if North Bay getting Tarasevich from Sarnia for an 8th round pick was a fleecing of the Sting on Adam Dennis' part, then what was the deal Hamilton made for Xhekaj - straight up robbery? Kitchener traded away their "loose cannon" of a player to get Hamilton's loose cannon in Mutter - only Hamilton was perfectly willing to give a small suitcase of picks from the 1st 4 rounds in this deal too? Props for Kitchener getting what they did....the surprise for me is there was a team out there willing to pay such a high asking price for a player who only has half a season of Jr. hockey (plus any playoff run ) remaining in their career. You'd think Hamilton was dealing for McTavish or something....g tI think this deal is going to wind up biting the Bulldogs in the backside long term.

why is xehaj going for equal or more than ollauson?

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Um...ah.......so I guess Barrie won't be making an offer for McTavish? :popcorn:

So which teams are serious bidders for the dominant center?
Missy? Soo? Ldn? Kgn? Flint? Wsr? NB?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Soo is kind of set down the middle with Kerins, Dickinson, McConnell-Barker, plus Kartye can move over if there are injuries. I think we need a winger, although I would love to have him.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I heard Hamilton
I just can't see it
They are slim on picks now after the trade for Xhekaj, not to mention the fact that their 1st rd 05 (Pharand) has been underwhelming.
Their top 04 is a Dman (Donovan) and with the Petes returning 8 Dmen next season a forward is a better fit.
I'm hearing that Hamilton are actually interested in Stillman and Pharand would be a nice fit to go to the Wolves as a Sudbury boy.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
One team I’m surprised that we’ve heard crickets from so far is Kingston. Outside of the Ben Roger trade a couple of months ago, there hasn’t even been rumours. Although their draft pick cupboard isn’t as full as some others, I would think they want to make a run while they have Shane Wright… unless they’re thinking he’ll be back for more development next year.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
One team I’m surprised that we’ve heard crickets from so far is Kingston. Outside of the Ben Roger trade a couple of months ago, there hasn’t even been rumours. Although their draft pick cupboard isn’t as full as some others, I would think they want to make a run while they have Shane Wright… unless they’re thinking he’ll be back for more development next year.
he wont be hes ready

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Hamilton trades Chandler Romeo to Sarnia for a 2022 2nd rd and 2023 3rd round pick

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
This should get interesting. North Bay has 4 OAs on their roster, which means they'd *have* to make some kind of move. Wonder what they did to address this, now that the OA deadline has passed?

Reactions: LDN

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
he wont be hes ready
I’d like to think so, like almost all top picks, but it’s noticeable that the time off from the pandemic certainly didn’t help him. There’s a part of me that wonders if the team that drafts him would want him to develop in the OHL an extra year rather than rushing him.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
I’d like to think so, like almost all top picks, but it’s noticeable that the time off from the pandemic certainly didn’t help him. There’s a part of me that wonders if the team that drafts him would want him to develop in the OHL an extra year rather than rushing him.

I would not be taking Shane Wright 1st overall.

Reactions: mtshapcott

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Just to catch everyone up on Sarnia’s moves in the last little bit.

Out:
Geci, Tarasevich, Guy, Reesor, 2nd and 3rd

In:
Romeo, Sikic, 3rd and 8th.

yikes

Reactions: Uncle

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
This should get interesting. North Bay has 4 OAs on their roster, which means they'd *have* to make some kind of move. Wonder what they did to address this, now that the OA deadline has passed?

Typically there is a waiver period for OA’s after the deadline. So, if North Bay has 4 OA’s, they need to release one. Teams have a certain period to pick up the player, even after the deadline. I just can’t remember what that period of time is. I’m pretty sure it is 24 hours…or at least it used to be. But, I think the acquiring team needs to have th available spot. I don’t think they can pick up a player and release another.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Typically there is a waiver period for OA’s after the deadline. So, if North Bay has 4 OA’s, they need to release one. Teams have a certain period to pick up the player, even after the deadline. I just can’t remember what that period of time is. I’m pretty sure it is 24 hours…or at least it used to be. But, I think the acquiring team needs to have th available spot. I don’t think they can pick up a player and release another.

They did release dman Simon Rose today and he scored the shootout winner in last night's win over Mississauga.

Reactions: Uncle

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Um...ah.......so I guess Barrie won't be making an offer for McTavish? :popcorn:

So which teams are serious bidders for the dominant center?
Missy? Soo? Ldn? Kgn? Flint? Wsr? NB?

Windsor has Johnston, Zito, Miedema, Abraham, and Maillet. Unless it's something like Abraham + plenty of picks, I don't see how they do it. Giving up Miedema doesn't seem realistic.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Windsor has Johnston, Zito, Miedema, Abraham, and Maillet. Unless it's something like Abraham + plenty of picks, I don't see how they do it. Giving up Miedema doesn't seem realistic.

Windsor has 2 cards? The best move the spits could make for the wolves would be DeAngelis & Downey for Stillman & Thompson
:)

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1