Trade Deadline

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
@OHLInsiders latest tweet “did you guys hear about the trade”.

make it a good one ohl insiders!
Typical tweet for attention. If he had details, he would have posted. Not saying he doesn’t have a scoop, but likely premature yet or he’s still digging. If a trade is announced beforehand, this tweet still let’s him try to take some credit despite giving no info.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
@OHLInsiders latest tweet “did you guys hear about the trade”.

make it a good one ohl insiders!
Typical tweet for attention. If he had details, he would have posted. Not saying he doesn’t have a scoop, but likely premature yet or he’s still digging. If a trade is announced beforehand, this tweet still let’s him try to take some credit despite giving no info.
You can't leave out the first 80% of the tweet which clearly shows the joke he's making lol....

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
It sounds like there is lots of trade talks going on between GMs.
I wonder what an offer for McTavish would look like if COVID wasn't a thing?
Any guesses what offers will actually look like with conditionals involved?

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
It sounds like there is lots of trade talks going on between GMs.
I wonder what an offer for McTavish would look like if COVID wasn't a thing?
Any guesses what offers will actually look like with conditionals involved?

where do you figure there’s a lot of talks?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I think it's unlikely to get a young stud in return this year. Too much uncertainty. Would picks only get it done?

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
If he goes to the olympics it changes the situation big time.
If McTavish goes to the Olympics he will still be back for the last quarter of the season.
The Olympics will certainly play into the conditions on the picks.
GMs will have to be very creative, especially since the Olympic team roster may not be confirmed by Jan. 10th.
A two part trade may have to be considered where part 2 only takes effect if certain conditions are met.

Frank the Skank

Jan 11, 2019
104 Row D 15
If McTavish goes to the Olympics he will still be back for the last quarter of the season.
The Olympics will certainly play into the conditions on the picks.
GMs will have to be very creative, especially since the Olympic team roster may not be confirmed by Jan. 10th.
A two part trade may have to be considered where part 2 only takes effect if certain conditions are met.
Still misses the entire month of February at a minimum. Who knows what he picks up over there. Hard pass from me. Not worth the price

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014

Based on Dreger's tweet McTavish isn't eligible for the Olympics because he has an NHL contract so it shouldn't be an issue.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

Based on Dreger's tweet McTavish isn't eligible for the Olympics because he has an NHL contract so it shouldn't be an issue.

But all the people listed in that tweet are pro hockey players this year. McTavish is not. His ELC is on hold because he got sent back to junior. That could be a factor

Reactions: LDNknights

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
But all the people listed in that tweet are pro hockey players this year. McTavish is not. His ELC is on hold because he got sent back to junior. That could be a factor

I would think the Ducks would have a say in the situation though. I don’t know for sure. Any idea?

Power can do whatever he wants because he isn’t under contract.

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
Two trades out of North Bay confirmed -

Windsor sends Grayson Ladd and Kyle McDonald to North Bay (needed upgrade to secondary scoring and an upgrade on defence)
North Bay sends Josh Currie, a 2nd/3rd/4th to Windsor

Sarnia trades Nikita Tarasevich to North Bay for an 8th round pick. I've talked to people down in Sarnia and it's been unanimous so far; North Bay - a team that has been fleeced (historically) more often than not - is the clear winner in this deal, and is getting a lot more out of this deal in Tarasevich than Sarnia's return would seem to indicate.

What do people think...do these deals turn the Battalion into a serious contender in the East (I think so -they've addressed two pressing needs already)? With 4 OAs now, there's no way they're done yet....Simon Rose seems to be the consensus odd man ( or wants) out. Do they package him up with another player and picks to land a bigger fish? Either way, it looks like they could be going for it - is there anyone else that should be on North Bay's radar?

Reactions: three dog night

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I would think the Ducks would have a say in the situation though. I don’t know for sure. Any idea?

Power can do whatever he wants because he isn’t under contract.
I think you’re pretty much bang on. Although I think that because guys like McTavish are signed, they are part of the NHLPA and their contract falls under the CBA regardless of being sent back to OHL. Since the decision to participate (or not) revolved around the NHL, the CBA, and the NHLPA’s players, I’m guessing this is why he isn’t eligible. I would suspect this would also apply to Kaden Guhle since he is signed too.

Reactions: MeafAttack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad