Speculation: Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
It's conceivable you could get a late first round pick for Gudas, but not a first and a prospect.

However, I think at the very least he could fetch two 2nds, or a solid prospect and a 2nd.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I love this thread. I learned ghost has bad iq. How does someone read plays so well have low iq.

I do think a right d would be great. I don’t want one that blocks younger ones for 7 years. To get a younger one we would need to trade players we don’t want to.

To say players have peaked by 26 already is insane. This year the whole team has looked bad most the year. Ghost and provy did not take the next step. I always thought ghost would end up playing right side next to morin. So if Meyers can come in and play well that’s huge. We have a ton of talent coming up. Let’s get them in the line up. And even out some mins. Love the guy but this year provy shouldn’t be playing 24 mins a night. Even out our rotation with the kids gaining experience. We have the talent to role three pairs seeing close to the same mins.

Trade simmonds. And if you can amac and Wiese. Let everything else be.

No one is trading for Weise and AMAC.
No one wants our garbage

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
If you can get Nylander or Kapanen for Simmer and Gudas you do it without thinking twice, especially Nylander. I doubt the Preds would be interested in moving Ellis and I doubt the Flyers would have much interest. Trading Simmonds and Ghost together is not happening unless we are talking a monumental return. I could see Ghost or another high profile defender being dealt but not in a package eith Simmer unless something huge is coming back.
Ghost is on the block?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ghost puts up his best numbers playing rd. Moves to left doesn’t do as well. Move back to rd and goes on tear putting up 65 points. Comes in this year looks like he is trying too much. His partner looks really bad can’t stick handle or receive a pass moved to new pair and back at left where he doesn’t produce as well. Deadheads take he’s a left de and needs to be there. The reason he can play right is his stick skill and shiftiness he can move back to his forehand so fast. Where as none of the other left are that good at that. Our biggest problem this year is that provy looks broken by the old coach. As does ghost. Provy and ghost are trying too hard to put up points. Sanhiem is a beast on the left side. Ghost is not.

32 ES points, not 65, PP points are independent of whether he's on the first or third pair, left or right side.
He played the right side with Provorov last year, but has played better on the left side with Gudas this year.

Funny thing, the only partner Provorov has looked good with this year has been MacDonald. Go figure, probably a SSS.

When you're in last place, every veteran (other than Giroux) is on the block

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Nylander or Kapanen? One is not like the other...
Sure, that's why I said especially Nylander. I'd definitely be in on Kapanen too. I think they trade Simmer out west though. He is too much of a fan favorite and is definitely a kind of player that will kill you whenever he comes back.

Reactions: Domino666

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
32 ES points, not 65, PP points are independent of whether he's on the first or third pair, left or right side.
He played the right side with Provorov last year, but has played better on the left side with Gudas this year.

Funny thing, the only partner Provorov has looked good with this year has been MacDonald. Go figure, probably a SSS.

When you're in last place, every veteran (other than Giroux) is on the block
And he only played half the year there when both provy and he took off scoring. And he did have 65 total points. Pp maybe independent of pairing but he was also in a grove on the right. Honestly think he’s played his best hockey on the right. And always thought he’d be paired up with Morin.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
As much as I’d love to have Nylander turn to shit for them, this is just a rough patch. Same kind of thing we’re seeing with some of our guys and he’s going to bounce back just like they will.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Sure, that's why I said especially Nylander. I'd definitely be in on Kapanen too. I think they trade Simmer out west though. He is too much of a fan favorite and is definitely a kind of player that will kill you whenever he comes back.
We’re advocating trading Simmonds because we expect he won’t age well into the new contract he gets. I don’t think he’d kill us for more than two years even if we trade him to the penguins. Whoever gives the best package we need to consider it—we are in no position to be limiting our options right now.

Reactions: Insurrection

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Think you're off your rocker if you think Gudas returns a first-plus.
I think a late first and a prospect isn't too much to ask. Teams need his toughness in the playoffs, and with a good 6-10 teams able to really have a shot at the cup, I think you may find some crazy GMs. He isn't a rental. He's good for another year. Or, maybe we trade him and take back some garbage contract to get the first and prospect - not a top level prospect, but a prospect nonetheless.

We have no need to trade Gudas, so we can hold out or not trade him.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I do think a team would be willing to overpay for Ghost. He is one of the more exciting dmen in the league to watch. With that being said I want Ghost to stay and we can build around Ghost, Provy, Myers, Sanheim and hopefully Morin. Gudas and Simmonds should bring in a lot at the deadline in separate deals so they both could be dealt. Myers and Morin can try to help replace Gudas on the defensive side of things and JVR and Patrick could help replace Simmonds on the PP.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Do you think the Flyers might be interested in trading for Talbot? He'd be a good insurance policy for Hart and only 1 year left on his contract. Would Edmonton be desperate to trade him?

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Do you think the Flyers might be interested in trading for Talbot? He'd be a good insurance policy for Hart and only 1 year left on his contract. Would Edmonton be desperate to trade him?
Nope , i have seen him play several times this year and has not been good . Last year was no good either . If we are going to upgrade do it with somebody worth while cause it's the most important position on the team .

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Move on from Jake, Simmonds, Weiss, MacDonald, and get me Stone. Bring some of the kids up to fill in slots.

Reactions: TheKingPin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad