GDT: Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 46s
Hate to backtrack on Twitter (always fun), but now told Gaborik to #lakings is not quite done deal. Source is close to Gaborik tho

:biglaugh:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Tsn with nothing on the Gabby trade... Definitely sticking to twitter for updates though I do like seeing Marty

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
How has TSN not picked up on this? Isn't it what they've been looking for and the point of the whole show?

Edit: Oh some backtracking I see.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I don't think he's the only option, but he's certainly the best.

I kind of look at prospects the same way I'm looking at Buffalo's draft picks right now. Ultimately you have to turn those picks into players worthy of being on a Cup contender. Stockpiling 2nd/3rd tier prospects is only good for the farm club and to eventually package them for top prospects or roster players that are worthy of being on a Cup contender.

So trading for a Prince or Zucker might be part of the process, but I don't see it as a step up in that process. It's more like shuffling cards in the deck to me.

I know teams won't likely trade a Coyle or Toffoli, so that forces a GM to go back to packaging lesser picks/prospects in an overpayment for that player/prospect, or for that top-5 draft pick. One way or the other, eventually Murray will have to make a move like that. So if those "A" prospects can't be had today, then I'll hope Murray acquires more picks for a bigger trade on draft day (this summer or next).

I want to see less Carrier's and more top guys or top picks (at some point).

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Main board is crazy....wow.

I'm looking forward to the day when I'm outraged over giving away a 1st rounder and a young winger with a bad case of acne for an "older" 30 year old forward and a shot at the Cup.

:nod::nod::nod:

This website values draft picks and "assets" over championships. This is not news.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
@TSNBobMcKenzie 3s
Hearing Marty St. Louis to NYR has really ramped up and may be much closer to reality. Stay tuned. #Tradecentre

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 8s

Hearing Marty St. Louis to NYR has really ramped up and may be much closer to reality. Stay tuned. #Tradecentre

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Come on, GMTM, I want some piece of our future to come out of this deadline. Moulson and Ehrhoff for Toffoli straight up if you have to. Overpay for the better player.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
So then you adjust your demands. If Moulson wants to chase the money and we want to throw it at him, that applies whether we trade him or not. Letting Moulson walk is idiotic. At worst you get another 1st, or a 2nd and a mid-level prospect.

What if it's worse than that? Snow must trade Vanek. He blinks and deals him to Ana for Otts 1st because he CANT lose Vanek for nothing. La goes Gabby cheap. Now whose left that can take a full salary Moulson That has a prospect worth getting? It's not worth being upset about losing a 4/5 2nd rounder.

They moved 3 players this season. If you don't trade Moulson then the team went 3 for 4. I'm not complaining. It's not like we have a ton of room to even stick these prospects, we have loads of our own, with another huge draft full to fit in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad