GDT: Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
Or they can just keep the better player (Coyle).

Yes. They don't have to make a trade. Neither do we. Coyle is the only option that makes sense from Sabres pov, IF the deal is to happen. If Min is hesitant to move Coyle, I don't think there is a deal to happen.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
Bob McKenzie
@TSNBobMcKenzie
It's believed COL has made multi-year contract offer to soon to be UFA C Paul Stastny. If he doesn't sign, trade is still a possibility.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Yes. They don't have to make a trade. Neither do we. Coyle is the only option that makes sense from Sabres pov, IF the deal is to happen. If Min is hesitant to move Coyle, I don't think there is a deal to happen.

I don't think he's the only option, but he's certainly the best.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The Wild is the buyer. If the deal is to happen, Buffalo would get something they want - not a throw in. That are the dynamics here.

I would be stunned if the Wild gave up Coyle to get Stafford.

Over the past two seasons, Stafford has 16g and 43 pts.

Coyle has 14g and 33pts.

I don't see the huge upgrade to give up on Coyle this early.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
It's rare a team gets to move everyone they want, if they don't make another trade I'm not overly upset.

Vanek was traded Miller was traded those were the 2 I wanted gone when the season started.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
‏@aaronward_nhl 1m
Early indications are that Mark Scheifele suffered an MCL injury. Likely out 6-8 weeks. #TSN

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
It's rare a team gets to move everyone they want, if they don't make another trade I'm not overly upset.

Vanek was traded Miller was traded those were the 2 I wanted gone when the season started.

It's unacceptable to not move Moulson. The interest is there. They can get something worst case scenario. They can't lose him for nothing.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

If no one else moves, in my mind it's Miller, Ott, Moulson leaving with a first, a third, Carrier and Stewart coming back.

I'd have to give Murray a poor grade for that return. It's not like there's no market out there for who he's selling. If he doesn't move his UFAs, that's on him.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
It's unacceptable to not move Moulson. The interest is there. They can get something worst case scenario. They can't lose him for nothing.

If they get action on Moulson, Tallinder, or Halak, they have to move those guys.

Anyone else it gets into whether the offers are good value that moves the rebuild forward.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
@Russostrib 29s
I'm hearing now Gaborik to #lakings is a done deal. Don't know for what

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
I would be stunned if the Wild gave up Coyle to get Stafford.

Over the past two seasons, Stafford has 16g and 43 pts.

Coyle has 14g and 33pts.

I don't see the huge upgrade to give up on Coyle this early.

Don't think straight up. But those would be the main pieces. Though, I don't think we will see a deal, for the reasons said.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
It's unacceptable if they don't move Moulson. The interest is there. They can get something worst case scenario. They can't lose him for nothing.

There's no gaurantee they lose him. He's not the only scorer on the market. If you are going to throw a fit over it fine. Jagr, Vanek, Moulson, Gabby, Kesler, Cally, Stastny, there's a lot of players available. The interest there is to acquire a scorer we aren't the only sellers.

Moulson isn't the best out there, he's not the cheapest, or cheapest to acquire, and if General Taco Bus is looking for prospects over picks he's not the easiest to acquire either, he doesn't has playoff Xp and he's not a leader.

Last edited:

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
Main board is crazy....wow.

I'm looking forward to the day when I'm outraged over giving away a 1st rounder and a young winger with a bad case of acne for an "older" 30 year old forward and a shot at the Cup.

:nod::nod::nod:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Adam Proteau ‏@Proteautype 10s
Marian Gaborik to the Kings? *big red Family Feud X*

1662_1346961631.jpg

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
There's no gaurantee they lose him. He's not the only scorer on the market. If you are going to throw a fit over it fine. Jagr, Vanek, Moulson, Gabby, Kesler, Cally, Stastny, there's a lot of players available. The interest there is to acquire a scorer we aren't the only sellers.

So then you adjust your demands. If Moulson wants to chase the money and we want to throw it at him, that applies whether we trade him or not. Letting Moulson walk is idiotic. At worst you get another 1st, or a 2nd and a mid-level prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad